A Chat with Nissan Regarding the Ordering Procedure

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jimmydreams said:
evnow said:
Jimmydreams said:
That there are about 230 people with August order dates.

There will probably be approximately only 40-50 vehicles delivered in December.
Is that total 40-50 in the US or per market ?

I am under the impression that is for the San Diego area.
So, just to be clear. 230 August Orders for SD and 40-50 deliveries for SD (in December) ? Or 230 August Orders for USA and 40-50 deliveries for SD (in December) ?

My Nissan dealer Connell in Costa Mesa has been giving me great updates, Elise told me that the expected delivery date is 4 month after your drive and ride and you place a order. I have a October date so I should see the car in February.

"The expected delivery date is four months after the confirmed order date.  So you are looking at February according to the most current info from Nissan.  Once you order Nissan will be updating you regularly via your account which you access with your log in and password.

I got to drive the vehicle this week as you will in October during the drive and ride.  As I am sure you have already read, the vehicle drives smoothly, with great acceleration, and incredible fit and finish"

LEAFer said:
So, just to be clear. 230 August Orders for SD and 40-50 deliveries for SD (in December) ? Or 230 August Orders for USA and 40-50 deliveries for SD (in December) ?

I do not know for sure. I will try and get a clarification.

Kataphn said:
Roland:
The installation has to be done two weeks prior to receiving the vehicle not ordering the LEAF.

As far as I can tell - this is the first time Nissan has issued this statement, and I believe it directly contradicts other "official" statements by Nissan.

If I remember the article correctly, the forumite who spoke with CBS news in the Bay Area invoked a response from Nissan in the story that L2 was not a prerequisite to ordering and taking delivery.

Do I remember this incorrectly?

LakeLeaf said:
Kataphn said:
Roland:
The installation has to be done two weeks prior to receiving the vehicle not ordering the LEAF.

As far as I can tell - this is the first time Nissan has issued this statement, and I believe it directly contradicts other "official" statements by Nissan.

If I remember the article correctly, the forumite who spoke with CBS news in the Bay Area invoked a response from Nissan in the story that L2 was not a prerequisite to ordering and taking delivery.

I think these might be independent issues. The question the Nissan chat rep answered had more to do with timing of a (planned) installation and its assessment versus the ordering time frame. Assuming that an EVSE is planned to be installed, then that should happen two weeks (at the latest) prior to delivery, and installation is not required to be completed by time of ordering. But this two-weeks-prior plan (or expectation) does not imply a pre-requisite to have an EVSE installed to get a car. At least that's my logic ... not that I am trying to defend Nissan's use of AV ... but it is one interpretation and would not be contradictory to the CBS story.

There's still a "waiver route" ... not that Nissan has explained that in any detail, as they probably discourage that option.

LEAFer said:
LakeLeaf said:
Kataphn said:
Roland:

I think these might be independent issues. The question the Nissan chat rep answered had more to do with timing of a (planned) installation and its assessment versus the ordering time frame. Assuming that an EVSE is planned to be installed, then that should happen two weeks (at the latest) prior to delivery, and installation is not required to be completed by time of ordering. But this two-weeks-prior plan (or expectation) does not imply a pre-requisite to have an EVSE installed to get a car. At least that's my logic ... not that I am trying to defend Nissan's use of AV ... but it is one interpretation and would not be contradictory to the CBS story.

There's still a "waiver route" ... not that Nissan has explained that in any detail, as they probably discourage that option.

Customer service are script readers, take it with a grain of salt, nissan want to sell cars, period and not buying an EVSE will not impact the process. Nissan just needs to be PC and say the right thing because of the AV agreement, it delicate.

EVDRIVER said:
Customer service are script readers, take it with a grain of salt, nissan want to sell cars, period and not buying an EVSE will not impact the process. Nissan just needs to be PC and say the right thing because of the AV agreement, it delicate.

According to one of the dealers who posted here - Nissan wants to make sure the buyer is a genuine buyer - not someone who wants to sell it on e-bay.

evnow said:
EVDRIVER said:

According to one of the dealers who posted here - Nissan wants to make sure the buyer is a genuine buyer - not someone who wants to sell it on e-bay.

Yes, but that quite a bit of work for a car selling under MSRP. After all the fees, good luck making a profit. Nissan also told me when I pressed them I could pass on the EVSE and sign a waiver even though they prefer otherwise.

EVDRIVER said:
After all the fees, good luck making a profit.

Ofcourse you can. There is someone already posting to give $500 to you if you give your reservation to him ...

Even with all this I'm sure there will be e-bay Leaf sellers in December/January ;-)

Hearing that We will get delivery of the car 4 months after we reserve the car And the fact that i have an august reservation i mean 8 december delivery. I'm pretty happy

If it's true That nissan only wants serious owners hey it's easy to see why i am 1 of the first. Because i have been Seriously crying Over the lack of viable Electric vehicle options For several years.

It makes me feel good That someone was actually Listening to me

Sent from droid X

Back