Advise on Purchasing a Leaf in Utah

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ubun2Junky said:
So many options for an L2 EVSE!

[*]Will using the L1 EVSE that came with the vehicle hurt the vehicle if I wait for a few months to get a new L2 EVSE?
FYP. You are looking for a level 2 EVSE, not a charger. For L1 and L2 charging, the charger is on-board the car. See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14728&p=332668#p332668.

The OEM EVSE (aka "charging cable") will work fine as long as the outlet and wiring to which it is connected are in good shape and are not otherwise significantly loaded. If you have to use an extension cord, make sure it is a high quality grounded 12-2 cord, and that all the plugs involved are firmly seated in the sockets.

Congratulations on getting a Leaf. Getting L2 charging at home will make the car more enjoyable especially in the winter. I would have the electrician put a 240 outlet in your garage and get a plug in evse. I've had a GE durastation for over a year with zero problems. Clipper Creek makes solid stations with the plug already installed.

I am In Roy/Ogden area, Just wondering if someone would take me under their wing and help me figure out how to purchase a used leaf, what to look for, pros cons. Sorry if I stole the spotlight of this subject. Thanks for the time and amazing advice of my local Leaf owners.

This is what you want to read first:

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26662&p=538030

It covers most of what you need to know. The short answer is "Look for a '14 or '15 SV or SL with 12 capacity bars showing." Unless you need more than 35 miles of range in Winter, in which case you'd be looking for a '16 or '17 Leaf. Make sure you read the guide's section on those.

Kub, check out autrader.com private sale in Deming NM. 700 miles from you.A 2013 sv with new Battery and tires in 11/2108.12 battery bars.Some minor hail damage,good for lower price?Asking 9,000.00 30,000 miles.Not many options locally.Take your time if you can...Bob

Back