Anyone get "The Network connection was lost" IOS LEAF app?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flashman

So about a month or so ago my official Nissan IOS LEAF app starts throwing this error:

"The network connection was lost."

This happens anytime I send a command to charge \ turn on climate control \ get a status update etc.
It seems the car still performs the request as expected but the error will show for 5 out of 6 tries typically.
So it still works and every now and then it will report properly but the error does not make one feel comfortable the car has received the command and is performing accordingly.

Beforehand, this was working flawlessly.

Any ideas or is this unique to my LEAF?

Thanks in advance! (I did a search and found nothing on the topic)

I don't recall that particular error but I don't use Nissan's app very often. I long ago switched to the LEAF Link app.

One possibility is if you're at home and your device is connected to local Wifi but at the edge of WiFi range, perhaps the app gets confused if the phone switches to cellular data... just speculating

This happens to me every time I use the app. Very annoying!

I'm running the app on an iPad with a strong wifi signal.

Sorry I can't help.

Flashman said:
So about a month or so ago my official Nissan IOS LEAF app starts throwing this error:

"The network connection was lost."

This happens anytime I send a command to charge \ turn on climate control \ get a status update etc.
It seems the car still performs the request as expected but the error will show for 5 out of 6 tries typically.
So it still works and every now and then it will report properly but the error does not make one feel comfortable the car has received the command and is performing accordingly.

Beforehand, this was working flawlessly.

Any ideas or is this unique to my LEAF?

Thanks in advance! (I did a search and found nothing on the topic)

I did not have this until I upgraded my iOS to 8.x line. I think it may be a incompatibility with iOS 8. I just close down the app by swiping it away, then restart, and at least it shows me the "data" that it didn't when it said "disconnected." It seems to get the update, but then get confused and instead of updating just says "disconnected."

epirali said:
I did not have this until I upgraded my iOS to 8.x line. I think it may be a incompatibility with iOS 8. I just close down the app by swiping it away, then restart, and at least it shows me the "data" that it didn't when it said "disconnected." It seems to get the update, but then get confused and instead of updating just says "disconnected."
This sounds like the most likely scenario and makes sense...
Yup, I did not even think about IOS8... The timing seems correct.
Thanks for the close it out tip... I will give that a shot.

Hope they fix it as it's really annoying when the app used to be pretty much without bugs.
I also agree, a 'Stop Charging' option would be very much appreciated.

Back