April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
orasadil said:
After my dashboard changed many times and was finally changed to week of 4/20/11, lucky me I got my LEAF today, what an excitement.
Reserved 6/12/10
Ordered 1/24/11

I'm not forgiving Nissan for screwing up the reservation/ordering process. As soon as the VW Golf E-Motion is released (2014), I'm dropping Nissan like a hot potato. I know it isn't your fault, but to receive a car after only 3 months and most of the rest of us have been waiting over 7 months or more, just isn't right. There are no excuses that are acceptable from Nissan. I've never had a Nissan before and this will absolutely be my last, especially after hearing the reports about poor workmanship and materials. I'm really disappointed in the quality of the company and the way they have handled the orders, even though it is a new venture for them. It just sounds like they hired a bunch of morons to run the process. Actually, to be absolutely fair, they should have taken your LEAF and given it to one of the Sept. or Oct. orders.

orasadil said:
Reserved 6/12/10
Ordered 1/24/11
See "orasadil" on Spreadsheet
:D :D :D :D
Orsadill's LEAF Delivered 4/16/2011

Wow you lucked out!

Nissan really needs to come forward with why they are messing up the order timing so badly! CS said mine isn't even built yet.. It probably was and they yanked it from me! At least that's plausible given how messed up the delivery queue is and how inaccarute CS is, without any real hard information about where our orders / cars are in the process. Nissan thinks this is some big joke, or at least doesn't show us the respect to let us know where our orders. Some of us have cars that need to be replaced soon. The rebate status is unclear, and can cost people with delayed deliveries thousands of dollars in lost rebates. Poor showing Nissan! :)

orasadil said:
After my dashboard changed many times and was finally changed to week of 4/20/11, lucky me I got my LEAF today, what an excitement.
Reserved 6/12/10
Ordered 1/24/11

Congrats to you! and no thanks to Nissan for fcUking up the ordering process! To be honest I never liked Nissan cars, I'm only buying the Leaf because it is the only affordable 5-seater EV right now. Nissan will always be #3 to me, next to Honda and Toyota! :evil:

I did some "weeding" of the Vin and Delivery spreadsheet last night. After eliminating people with impossible order dates (4/20), those who are not registered on the board, those registered who have not visited for months, and those who have announced their delivery in posts, but not on the spreadsheet, here are the longest-suffering fools among us:

Ordered 9/1: earther [Here's hoping you don't have to wait much longer, Steve.]

Ordered 9/2: linkim*, Nils, planet4ever, rjzastaury, SilverLEAF*

* Cars delivered to the dealer, but not yet in customer hands.

Ordered 9/3: [I haven't gone through these yet.]

Ray

Saurday morning:
Beachcliffs said:
Looks like it is time for me to move to this thread. Sometime late last night/early this morning my dashboard went from "month of June" to "week of April 06, 2011".
Sunday morning:
Sometime late last night/early this morning dashboard went from 4/6 to 4/19. And here I was so hoping that Nissan had developed a time machine. Now I am hoping that there are not another 8 changes that push me back into the May thread. :roll:

EDIT 7:12am: Just received "7 day" e-mail (maybe I won't end up in May thread, after all)

I phoned my dealer yesterday. He suggests waiting a few days before I believe the "Month of July" estimate on my DB, considering that he previously had information that my car is in Portland. The only hopeful fact is that the DBs have been so consistently useless. I really believe Nissan hired Microsoft to program their web site.

trentr said:
Nissan will always be #3 to me, next to Honda and Toyota! :evil:
Apparently you like people who kick you with their fossilized ways :twisted:

ps : I got a Maxima last time because Toyota/Honda were "too mainstream". :lol:

planet4ever said:
I did some "weeding" of the Vin and Delivery spreadsheet last night. After eliminating people with impossible order dates (4/20), those who are not registered on the board, those registered who have not visited for months, and those who have announced their delivery in posts, but not on the spreadsheet, here are the longest-suffering fools among us:

To some degree, my extra wait is understandable: my original order on 9/1 (well, really 8/31, but that's whole other story!) was for an SV, which cannot be upgraded to have the QC option. When I became a participant of the EV Project in February (Bay Area was a late addition) only the SL trim is allowed but my car had already been built (or at least my vin was assigned). Thus, there was the whole scramble to try get me an allowable vehicle (though it's still arguable whether the lack of communication and subsequent delay was primarily my fault, ECOtality, or Nisssan). Anyhoo, I'm just glad I didn't have to get to the back of the line and reorder completely! In the end, it looks like Nissan gave me linkim's SL #922 and assigned him a new one #1572 (he will still receive his before mine, it appears). No idea what happened to my original SV #672 -- either musical chaired to another waiting customer or orphaned to the dealer, I imagine. Unlike linkim's dashboard/OP though, I only show a single order now (though that may have been because I called Nissan multiple times until my old SV was removed and have a very pro-active dealer, Brendan).

orasadil said:
Reserved 6/12/10
Ordered 1/24/11

Seconded about it not being orasadil's fault, but this makes me FURIOUS. I've been a good little LEAF disciple but this is absolutely ridiculous. I ordered 9/3 with the same dealer and have to wait FIVE MONTHS longer (or more)???

I am giving Nissan exactly two more weeks from today before I cancel my order. Of course they'll make even more money by getting an orphan, but Nissan will never see another dime from me, nor my friends and family.

z0ner said:
Seconded about it not being orasadil's fault, but this makes me FURIOUS. I've been a good little LEAF disciple but this is absolutely ridiculous. I ordered 9/3 with the same dealer and have to wait FIVE MONTHS longer (or more)???
Totally agree that Nissan is NOT handling this matter very well at all, and totally understand (almost empathize, but I ordered a month later than you) your FURY. My fury would/will be even larger if I were to be one of the folks in California that was "jumped" AND missed out on the $5,000.

planet4ever said:

Ordered 9/2: linkim*, Nils, planet4ever, rjzastaury, SilverLEAF*

* Cars delivered to the dealer, but not yet in customer hands.

Ordered 9/3: [I haven't gone through these yet.]

Ray

When I was at the Nissan dealer yesterday, I specifically asked about your car, Ray. As you would guess, the answer then was negative. Steve's car was nowhere to be found.

Now on to tackle Blink for the install.
Good luck to those of you who are patiently waiting for your LEAF.

z0ner said:
I am giving Nissan exactly two more weeks from today before I cancel my order. Of course they'll make even more money by getting an orphan, but Nissan will never see another dime from me, nor my friends and family.
I understand your frustration, but do you want an EV or not? Nissan is the only (reasonably priced) game in town right now. The only reason I ordered from Nissan is because they have the first mass produced reasonably priced EV. For most of us, I suspect it is about the EV, not about Nissan. Cancelling now after the long wait seems counter productive.

Add me to the many who still has not recd my Leaf. I am hoping it will be here next week otherwise I think it is time we make this mess more public. This is one reason I am not visiting forums as often because I get very mad at Nissan.

Hopefully my car will be here next week. If not Nissan is going to get some really bad rep from press.

Stoaty said:
I understand your frustration, but do you want an EV or not?

I certainly do, otherwise I wouldn't have paid the $100 res, the $100 non-refundable EVSE gouge fee, nor $450 to my electrician to wire me up a dedicated 240V outlet in the garage. I just don't know if I want to support Nissan and their handling of this entire order-to-delivery process. The lack of information from HQ, and the misinformation from customer service is mind-numbing. A car is a large purchase for most, and people are structuring their lives around it. When the delivery date jumps around 17 times during the process it's not funny any more.

Other cars are coming. We may not see an actual competitor for another year or so, but if Nissan can't get it together then I can wait for another company that is actually competent.

z0ner said:
Other cars are coming. We may not see an actual competitor for another year or so, but if Nissan can't get it together then I can wait for another company that is actually competent.
I would be a lot more concerned about the competence re: the quality of the car and the work done to mass produce an EV than the competence of delivering orders in sequence. While there may be other competitors, I don't see any that have committed to EV in a big way as Nissan has. This is a temporary annoyance, but if the car isn't right one would have years to regret a purchase. So far, it seems that the only significant problem with the Leaf is the Restart Inhibit problem, which Nissan has announced a Service Campaign for. I would be leery of buying a car from a company that is greenwashing or "testing the waters" with a hastily assembled EV rather than a company that is going whole hog behind EV. Just my opinion.

orasadil said:
After my dashboard changed many times and was finally changed to week of 4/20/11, lucky me I got my LEAF today, what an excitement, it took us about 4 hours, Fontana Nissan's Alex was so nice and helpful from the beginning to the end when we bye bye him and drove away, first he arranged and one of their employees picked us up at home 55 mile from Glendale to Fontana. The drive was very cool it was fully charged, it was already dark when we left there so lights were on and half the way A/C was on (today was very hot here) when we got home there was 30 miles left on the battery. By the way our resident is the first one to have Blink installed and Glendale city requires a separate counter for the unit which is very good idea so we will know exactly how much the unit uses or may be they want to charge less for that use we will see.
Reserved 6/12/10
Ordered 1/24/11
See "orasadil" on Spreadsheet
:D :D :D :D
LEAF.jpg

Seriously guys. Most of you jumped on the Nissan trashing bandwagon. How do we even know if Orsadil's information is accurate?

Stoaty said:
This is a temporary annoyance, but if the car isn't right one would have years to regret a purchase.

We obviously have a difference of opinion in what constitutes a temporary annoyance.

Stoaty said:
I would be leery of buying a car from a company that is greenwashing or "testing the waters" with a hastily assembled EV

You wouldn't be talking about Nissan perchance, would you? http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3400

z0ner said:
You wouldn't be talking about Nissan perchance, would you? http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3400
I am not talking about the little annoyances or marginal materials for carpeting. I am talking about whether the car is reliable and well engineered. I haven't seen any evidence of significant problems reported in that area. We may disagree about what is most important.

evnow said:
trentr said:
Nissan will always be #3 to me, next to Honda and Toyota! :evil:
Apparently you like people who kick you with their fossilized ways :twisted:

ps : I got a Maxima last time because Toyota/Honda were "too mainstream". :lol:

I would have loved to see a Honda Fit EV come out alongside the LEAF because I have had several Acuras and Hondas over the years and have had almost universally positive experiences. But what got me totally excited about Nissan producing the LEAF was that my wife and I were one of the first to buy the Altima Hybrid, which has been a fantastic car from both a driving and reliability standpoint. It beats the Camry Hybrid hands down IMHO. We're on our 2nd one now because the first one got totaled. But there was never a doubt about its replacement.

And if the forum will allow me to digress away from LEAF for a moment, then I'll just say that I give Nissan huge kudos going back 35 years when they (known as Datsun back then) came out with the 240Z-->260Z-->280Z which probably did more for creating the serious roadster market in the US than any car before or since (again IMHO).

Did they mess up the ordering process for the LEAF? YES
Have I been on an emotional roller coaster over it? YES
Is it reason for me to forgo Nissan in the future? DEFINITELY NOT

Back