April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's very frustrating that we can't get any better information until the dealer calls us, and that a number of our 7 day emails have set false expectations on top of the website data fluctuating.
But I for one am glad that Nissan is spending the time to resolve the AC issue before sending the units to the dealers.

As to insight into the pipeline, I too think that the CS reps don't have any real data, which may not be that surprising given the item below.

Nissan North America sold its logistics unit in 2005 - here's the press release from the acquirer:
http://www.2wglobal.com/www/newsFeatures/newsShowPages/show_wwwnews.jsp?newsRepository=wwwnews&oid=14899

I'm guessing the data isn't that granular as to where a particular vehicle is on any given day. Even if it was, there would be reasons to not over promise when things like a hold for the AC issue will stop all forward progress.

I waited 367 days, until yesterday. So I can look at the glass as more than half full.

SO I have been tracking VINs in the wild via autotrader. Looks like the highest VIN delivered is 1669 at Southbay Nissan.

qcar said:
SO I have been tracking VINs in the wild via autotrader. Looks like the highest VIN delivered is 1669 at Southbay Nissan.

That gives me a bit of hope since my vin is 1767.

I don't mind having the extra wait, but it would be nice if my dashboard estimate could update. It's been stuck at April 14th for awhile and I see
other April delivery dates being pushed back. So, I don't know if I'll get my car next week or if I'm pushed into May.

LonghornLeaf said:
It's very frustrating that we can't get any better information until the dealer calls us, and that a number of our 7 day emails have set false expectations on top of the website data fluctuating.
But I for one am glad that Nissan is spending the time to resolve the AC issue before sending the units to the dealers.

Honestly in my case I would have been better off if they'd just sent my car to the dealer and did the AC fix there. My dealer has only a few Leaf orders and I suspect I would have my car already had they been applying the fix instead of them doing it at the port. For dealers with larger amounts of orders like Boardwalk Nissan it makes sense that they would want to do them in bulk at the port, but in some situations like mine it would have been far more efficient for the dealer to do it.

cdaveb said:
Honestly in my case I would have been better off if they'd just sent my car to the dealer and did the AC fix there. My dealer has only a few Leaf orders and I suspect I would have my car already had they been applying the fix instead of them doing it at the port. For dealers with larger amounts of orders like Boardwalk Nissan it makes sense that they would want to do them in bulk at the port, but in some situations like mine it would have been far more efficient for the dealer to do it.

Depending on the nature of the fix--I honestly don't know--it might make financial sense and avoid potential headaches down the road to do it at the port. (More control, don't have to compensate the dealer).

A finance guy at my dealer had no clue how the tax credit works, so extend that analogy to the tech trying to fix this issue.

I called the CS folks again today and demanded to know where my vehicle is. After a long hold, they came back told me that the dealer had taken delivery of the car on 21st. 22nd being Good Friday, I'm not sure if my dealer was working. I have a call into the dealership to check it. My current delivery estimate is week of 29th. Hopefully, this time, the Nissan CS is correct.

lisaleaf said:
DB just went from delivery wk of 4/15 to week of 4/28 tonight, which seems more logical :lol:

VIN 1265

Lisa:

I agree, mine went from April 6 to April 26 to 28 in 3 days, and then NIssan called to let me know that it is on the way. I think that we all should receive the cars next week!

My delivery date changes so often that I never know which of these threads to post to.
Like many others I went from April > May > Pending > June, but yesterday my DB changed
to Week of April 15th (which didn't really make sense) and then later in the day it changed
to Week of April 28th. I talked to the dealer and he said it looks like it's still in Long Beach,
so it's possible I might get it next week, but probably not until early May. I did get the
Nissan "Expected Delivery" email today, so that's a good sign. No word from the Ecotality
folks yet. VIN is 1354

Got the call from my dealer - my Leaf is in. :D
They are closed tomorrow, Easter Sunday, so I'll pick it up on Monday at 11am.

Received the 7 day email on April 14, DB has been saying Week of April 21.
So arrival at dealer on April 23 and (hopefully) delivery on April 25 - not too bad. :D

jmillington said:

So arrival at dealer on April 23 and (hopefully) delivery on April 25 - not too bad. :D
Congratulations!!

jmillington said:

Congratulations! Your wait is nearly over. I had the same reserve and RAQ dates as you, and picked up my LEAF on 4/19. I think the one year wait will be worth it.

Enjoy the LEAF!

jmillington said:

Reserved: 4/20/10
Ordered: 9/2/10
VIN: 953
Ah! Another Sep 2 order comes out of the woodwork. You weren't on the VIN and Delivery spreadsheet so I didn't know about you. Since the spreadsheet apparently covers about 25% of early US orders there are probably other 9/2 orders like me who are still waiting.

Congratulations, and I hope to join you soon.

Ray

Rat said:
With yohannon and mgoleta getting delivery estimates, that leaves me as the only person (I think) on the spreadsheet in the Bay Area, or N. Cal. who ordered on 9/29 or earlier who has a delivery estimate of June or later. My CarWings opened up and still has a VIN, but it is the VIN of an orphan that was reassigned to me in error (wrong model) after someone else upgraded. I deleted that vehicle from my owner profile but it reappeared magically. Most of those Californians who ordered 9/30 - 10/1 also have delivery dates in April or May. This is getting old. I'm happy for all of you but... :(

(sighs) I wouldn't get TOO happy for me quite yet -- I awoke today to a NEW delivery estimate: Week of April 29. My fear now is they'll just change the week of by seven day increments going forward.

What is so difficult with the precept of under-promising and over-delivering? If Nissan said the car was going to be ready the week of May 14th, but was able to deliver it sooner... WOOHOO!

But this shifting line in the sand stuff just cycles some of us through elation/disappointment just frequently enough to be a buzz kill. :(

~Y~

cdub said:
Mine still shows 4/22... who knows though...
Same here.

Friday -- our week-of date -- my father-in-law went to my dealer (also his dealer, his dashboard is showing June). There was a blue Leaf sitting there (which is what ours will be), so he asked about it. Not ours, also an SV, not an SL.

Sigh.

Add to that, over the weekend we saw THREE Volts on the road, no Leafs. :-(

I'm going to stop checking my dashboard for a few days now. I haven't been checking as often as it has been week of April 14th for about a month.
My dealer is supposed to get some more leafs this week, so all I can do is hope.

Back