April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a similar discussion in another thread (why are deliveries out of Long Beach slow).

I discovered that my car is ON HOLD at Long Beach (It has gotten the AC fix 4/19) waiting for shipment. I asked CS why my delivery date moved to May 13 (in 5 steps, starting after 4/19) since it is essentially "ready to ship" and they had no answer. Essentially they won't ship an individual car just because it is ready. They are trying to bunch up shipments of vehicles destined for the same area together. Since I was told that Seattle cars will go by rail to Portland and they truck to Seattle, I think my car is essentially waiting at port until enough cars destined to Portland by rail will fill the railcar. That is not necessarily all Leafs either.

It's still unnerving that it would take about a month (4/19 to 5/13) for a car that is ready to ship in Long Beach to reach Seattle.....that goes against "just in time delivery" a manufacturing concept dear to the Japanese.

In addition, I asked CS why my dashboard keeps moving even though they don't have new information since 4/19 and they had no answer. I'd like to believe that the dashboard moves are triggered on information, not just a random number generator. If that is the case, then why is this information not available to CS agents?

scharlj said:
They are trying to bunch up shipments of vehicles destined for the same area together. Since I was told that Seattle cars will go by rail to Portland and they truck to Seattle, I think my car is essentially waiting at port until enough cars destined to Portland by rail will fill the railcar. That is not necessarily all Leafs either.

Here is an arial photo of the cars awaiting loading onto the autorack cars at the Port of Long Beach.
http://aries.spacelink.com/nissan_port/DSC_1392.JPG

More on Autoracks:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autorack

Agh I just got a call from a private # and I accidentally hung up while answering the phone. Doh and of course now I'm thinking it was Nissan... of course it probably wasn't and they haven't called back. doh

As far as I know, the dealership of my choice, Gardena Nissan has never taken even one delivery.
I agree with the theory of they bundle up all the cars and send to the same dealership.

http://tinyurl.com/68rg5wc
11.5 miles... humm....
I wish they allow us to just pick up the car at the port... hahaha... :lol:

Anyway, I learned not to expect any info from Nissan is accurate, like they said "that's just an estimate"...
I have been writing down all the excuses from Nissan and making a "Dictionary of Excuses, the Nissan Way" so I can use them to my customers later... hehehehe... ;) :twisted:

jcesare said:
scharlj said:
They are trying to bunch up shipments of vehicles destined for the same area together. Since I was told that Seattle cars will go by rail to Portland and they truck to Seattle, I think my car is essentially waiting at port until enough cars destined to Portland by rail will fill the railcar. That is not necessarily all Leafs either.

Here is an arial photo of the cars awaiting loading onto the autorack cars at the Port of Long Beach.
http://aries.spacelink.com/nissan_port/DSC_1392.JPG

More on Autoracks:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autorack

Wow, somewhere in that picture is MY Cayenne Leaf waiting to load....how cool!

cdub said:
Agh I just got a call from a private # and I accidentally hung up while answering the phone. Doh and of course now I'm thinking it was Nissan... of course it probably wasn't and they haven't called back. doh
That's funny, a similar thing just happened to me--I got a call from an unknown number while in a meeting--they didn't leave an answer. Right area code, so I did a lookup, which indicated the call pro'ly came from Carlsbad, but my dealer is in Oceanside.

Heart rate going back down.

Wearing one of my Leaf shirts today as a good luck charm. Also, it's my youngest son's birthday, and he was hoping it would come today. My wife also reminded me that this is the date we moved into our house. And, oddly enough, the 25th anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster. So an auspicious date, a good one for my Week Of The 22nd Leaf to come home.

lonndoggie said:
cdub said:
That's funny, a similar thing just happened to me--I got a call from an unknown number while in a meeting--they didn't leave an answer. Right area code, so I did a lookup, which indicated the call pro'ly came from Carlsbad, but my dealer is in Oceanside.

Heart rate going back down.

Wearing one of my Leaf shirts today as a good luck charm. Also, it's my youngest son's birthday, and he was hoping it would come today. My wife also reminded me that this is the date we moved into our house. And, oddly enough, the 25th anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster. So an auspicious date, a good one for my Week Of The 22nd Leaf to come home.

Wow. Hehe, I had a similar situation as far as phone calls on Saturday. We got a call on the house line, but the fax machine was on so the call couldn't go through! I called the dealership just to make sure they hadn't called. Though, it was really not necessary since they know to call my cell phone. :lol:

surfsnow said:
As far as I know, the dealership of my choice, Gardena Nissan has never taken even one delivery.
I agree with the theory of they bundle up all the cars and send to the same dealership.

http://tinyurl.com/68rg5wc
11.5 miles... humm....
I wish they allow us to just pick up the car at the port... hahaha... :lol:

Anyway, I learned not to expect any info from Nissan is accurate, like they said "that's just an estimate"...
I have been writing down all the excuses from Nissan and making a "Dictionary of Excuses, the Nissan Way" so I can use them to my customers later... hehehehe... ;) :twisted:

I am with Surfsnow on this, though of course we are both now MAY.

For a while I was a "June gloomer". Then I sprang into early April. After my "7 day email" on the 21st, I devolved into the "week of April 28th". Last night my DB changed into May(be) 2nd. Dealer says the techs might be activating car to work on it, but that is all the speculation he could offer.
At least this situation is better than the 1971-72 West Coast Dock Strike. Nothing moved for six months. VW was so desperate that they drove new bugs up from the Ensenada port. Only 80% of them made it to USA.
Gregg
SL + QC
ordered 10/29
OC Nissan Irvine, just 3 dozen miles from the LB port's Nissan stockyard.

Leafittome said:
I got the call today from my dealer--Leaf is here, picking up tomorrow! DB had shown 4-22 for awhile, changed to 4-26 last Thursday, arrived 4-25. I was reading a thank you email from Nissan North America for purchasing a Nissan NV when my iPhone rang with the good news--that's two new Nissan's in a week and a half! Thank you Ron at North Bay Nissan, you said it would be spring when I ordered on 9-20, and so it is.

Thank You, Ron. I just got mine today as well.

Finally got the call from Boardwalk today that my car is ready for pick up! Of course, I'm in Socal but will be back in Silicon Valley tomorrow so I can take delivery. It seems Boardwalk got a bunch today. :D

Sadly my car still hasn't arrived. This must be the slowest truck from the LA to SF area ever. Crossing my fingers that it shows up tomorrow- I stocked up on enough groceries to manage a few days without a car.

cdaveb said:
Sadly my car still hasn't arrived. This must be the slowest truck from the LA to SF area ever. Crossing my fingers that it shows up tomorrow- I stocked up on enough groceries to manage a few days without a car.
Keep your fingers crossed. I gave Nissan a bunch of crap when he told me that the car was in pre-delivery staging area. Actually, he was right. It will show up any day.

Picked up our Leaf today at North Bay Nissan. They had three silver(including ours), two blue and one red there. Drove home 69 miles, mostly Eco, 55 mph, stop and go for some parts and had 20 miles remaining in range.

The car has impressed us so far, just not used to driving so slowly, but wanted to be safe for trip length. Eco mode isn't very fun compared to the effortless acceleration of normal mode. Amazing amount of electronic info, very quiet and relaxing to drive. We now have two new silver Nissans on our driveway, NV van and Leaf!

Back