April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
waiting4leaf said:
Keep your fingers crossed. I gave Nissan a bunch of crap when he told me that the car was in pre-delivery staging area. Actually, he was right. It will show up any day.

I actually got an email from my dealer late tonight that 4 Leafs showed up- she assumes one of them is mine but hasn't had a chance to check the VINs yet. She said they need a day to prep the car, so I can pick it up on Thursday. Can't wait!

Slip sliding away. I guess I'm off to the May(be) Deliveries board. Despite the 7-day email on 4/21, my DB delivery just slipped another few days from 5/02 to 5/05. For a while the waiting was the hardest part, now it's the continual tease that's getting me.

Mark

markd said:
Slip sliding away. I guess I'm off to the May(be) Deliveries board. Despite the 7-day email on 4/21, my DB delivery just slipped another few days from 5/02 to 5/05. For a while the waiting was the hardest part, now it's the continual tease that's getting me.

Mark

ditto, 'cept my 7-day was on april 19.
every time I get within 5 days of the date, it moves away.
elusive and crafty car.

I live four miles from the Port berth where the cars are stacked, and the dealer is just 10 miles away.
Doesn't have anything to do with full car carriers, in my case.

markd said:

Mark

Exactly my situation. My PD did say they expect my car this week however.

I'm starting to think I may get bumped to the May(be) thread. Though I'm still at week of April 14, time is running out in April. It wouldn't be so bad if I knew for sure I was still getting an April delivery or if the DB would update.

So, I'm hoping maybe it means I'm still an April delivery.

thankyouOB said:
markd said:

Mark

ditto, 'cept my 7-day was on april 19.
every time I get within 5 days of the date, it moves away.
elusive and crafty car.

I live four miles from the Port berth where the cars are stacked, and the dealer is just 10 miles away.
Doesn't have anything to do with full car carriers, in my case.

Mine got moved to May 05 today from 02nd today...... :roll:
The port must hates my dealership.... haha

I just got a call from Peoria Nissan this morning..The car has come in :shock: They are going to tint the windows,charge it up and check it out and then release it to us tonight..

This is a plus for all you other April people who might of ordered all the accessories ...The parts have come in and they are shipping them out of Longbeach now..

Got "The Call", two days after invoice. Dashboard still saying week of April 28, "seven days" email received on 4/21, i.e. six days ago.

Mine moved from the 28th to May 2 to May 5th last night...however, dealer just emailed me that my car has arrived at the dealer! This is downtown LA so I think the Southbay guys may have been dropped off on the way. Vin is 1760 for those keeping track.

svBackstreets said:
markd said:

Mark

Exactly my situation. My PD did say they expect my car this week however.

Just received a call from Jim Click my PD. My car has arrived at the dealer anf I can get it tomorrow. Guess the change from 4/28 to 5/2 to 5/5 wasn't quite accurate.

qcar said:
Mine moved from the 28th to May 2 to May 5th last night...however, dealer just emailed me that my car has arrived at the dealer! This is downtown LA so I think the Southbay guys may have been dropped off on the way. Vin is 1760 for those keeping track.

@qcar: I hope your speculation is correct.
Congrats, and enjoy your new ride! :D

qcar said:
I ordered the exact same car as yours, red SL-e, three months before your order date, from the exact same dealer. However, no VIN yet, est. June delivery plus very doubtful I'll see the CA rebate. Thanks Nissan.

surfsnow said:
I ordered the exact same car as yours, red SL-e, three months before your order date, from the exact same dealer. However, no VIN yet, est. June delivery plus very doubtful I'll see the CA rebate. Thanks Nissan.

Mine isn't really an SL-e, it is a SL-QC, as I wasn't accepted into the program until late last month- the spreadsheet reports that automatically I think. That shouldn't have much to do with it though. I only had the hologram kick plates as an option, did you order any other options or have we all determined that this was Nissan US just dropping the ball?

LALeaf said:
qcar said:

I really don't think you'll have a problem with that rebate - even in June. The LEAFs the only game in town for those.

qcar said:
LALeaf said:

Mine isn't really an SL-e, it is a SL-QC, as I wasn't accepted into the program until late last month- the spreadsheet reports that automatically I think. That shouldn't have much to do with it though. I only had the hologram kick plates as an option, did you order any other options or have we all determined that this was Nissan US just dropping the ball?
No other options, just a direct result of Nissan's mistake.

According to the spreadsheet there are about a dozen other red SL-e or SL-QC that have been, or will be, delivered in the next couple of weeks to Jan/Feb orders (even one Dec order, if I recall correctly).

All anger is towards Nissan, please enjoy your car and congrats.

cdub said:
LALeaf said:
qcar said:

I really don't think you'll have a problem with that rebate - even in June. The LEAFs the only game in town for those.
Thanks, hope so. I really don't mind the extra wait, but if I miss the rebate due to Nissan's mistake, I'll most likely cancel the order and move on to something else (Tesla Model S or Volt).

Ok... so let me get this straight.... you miss the $5k rebate... you get mad and buy a car that costs either $10k or $35k more? I don't get it.

"Screw you Nissan for making me lose out on 5k! I'll show you... I'm going to lose $35k!" That'll show em.

cdub said:
Ok... so let me get this straight.... you miss the $5k rebate... you get mad and buy a car that costs either $10k or $35k more? I don't get it.

"Screw you Nissan for making me lose out on 5k! I'll show you... I'm going to lose $35k!" That'll show em.

Not a fair analogy imho, cdub. The Volt, Tesla are completely different cars. If I miss the CA $5k rebate, I'm probably going to cancel as well. And, it's not because I can't afford the extra $5k--rather, it's because I just don't think the Leaf is worth the price I would have to pay out the door.

LALeaf said:
I didn't see your information in the spreadsheet, however last I checked Nissan was trying to deliver vehicles in reservation order, not RAQ confirmation order...

Back