April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarkStar said:
I didn't see your information in the spreadsheet, however last I checked Nissan was trying to deliver vehicles in reservation order, not RAQ confirmation order...

LOL, surely you jest. If that were true (reservation order/region), I would have had my LEAF in January or at the latest February. That's called the BIG LIE as that was what has been told to me many times by supervisors. I know many people that reserved after I did, yet received their cars many months before me.

LEAFfan said:
DarkStar said:
I didn't see your information in the spreadsheet, however last I checked Nissan was trying to deliver vehicles in reservation order, not RAQ confirmation order...
LOL, surely you jest. If that were true (reservation order/region), I would have had my LEAF in January or at the latest February. That's called the BIG LIE as that was what has been told to me many times by supervisors. I know many people that reserved after I did, yet received their cars many months before me.
Yep. Reservation/RAQ dates are closely correlated (unless one sat on the RAQ for a while) - reservation/delivery RAQ/delivery are either somewhat correlated or inversely correlated depending on the RAQ date thanks to the out-of-order delivery screw-up which resulted in a LOT of Jan/early Feb orders to get bumped to the front of the list.

Drees: "Yep. Reservation/RAQ dates are closely correlated (unless one sat on the RAQ for a while) - reservation/delivery RAQ/delivery are either somewhat correlated or inversely correlated depending on the RAQ date."

Could you translate that into English??? :lol: :lol:

derkraut said:
Could you translate that into English??? :lol: :lol:
Yeah - if you ordered before Jan those cars are being delivered somewhat in order (all Aug orders have been delivered, and many Sept orders have been delivered, a few Oct orders have been delivered, no Nov/Dec orders have been delivered that I can tell.

If you ordered in Jan or early Feb, a good number have gotten their cars or will get them soon (have a VIN and week-of date), some others may not get them until June or July.

There has been no indication from Nissan that they are doing anything to correct the out-of-order delivery issue. I really feel for the Nov/Dec order people in CA. At least as an Oct order I have a better chance of getting the CA rebate.

Everyone who ordered in Jan or early Feb who are getting their cars - well - they are lucky ducks!

drees said:
There has been no indication from Nissan that they are doing anything to correct the out-of-order delivery issue.

Well so that's why my car is waiting at the port then. Because my VIN is 1485 BUT I ordered in late Jan. So maybe they are trying to correct the out of order and I am paying the price for it, and they just won't admit to me that the reason my car is delayed now is that I should have never been promised a car that early in the first place.....what a mess

Woot- just got a call from my dealership, they say my car's ready for pickup today! I'm headed over to get it as soon as my father-in-law comes by to pick me up. My poor husband missed the delivery by only a few hours, but he'll get to see it when he gets home from his trip.

DarkStar said:
LALeaf said:
I ordered the exact same car as yours, red SL-e, three months before your order date, from the exact same dealer. However, no VIN yet, est. June delivery plus very doubtful I'll see the CA rebate. Thanks Nissan.
I'm not on the spreadsheet, I'll try to add when I have some time. But, I was a Sept. order month and after waiting for Ecotality to fix it's problem with my acceptance with them I finally ordered on 11/4.

Earlier today I spoke with a supervisor at Nissan CS who admitted Nissan messed up the sequence of the order to delivery of cars. He also stated that when Nissan discovered the mistake that they decided not reallocate cars as they didn't want to upset another set of customers (namely the Jan/Feb orders) and thought at the time that the March production would be sufficient to minimize the impact to the 2010 orders (of course forgetting/ignoring the CA rebate issue). Then after the earthquake happened, Nissan still didn't want to reallocate the cars, but instead decided to try to find cars for the Sept/Oct orders by delaying delivery of the dealer demo and fleet vehicles and grabbing any orphans. For a while this reallocation of the demo/fleet/orphan was done by Nissan CS, but when the dashboards changed to pending the reallocation was taken over by Nissan corporate. He further mentioned that the focus was on filling the Sept/Oct orders and that there wasn't any effort made for the Nov/Dec orders. Also, that for the most part the Nov/Dec orders have not yet been produced yet, but should be in May and June.

I have no idea if any of this is true, but it does seem to follow what others have mentioned about their more recent CS discussions.

I wouldn't believe one word from Nissan CS. I've heard just about everything from them over these past few weeks...
I gave up on the simple truth!
My DB still states week of 4/22 HAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAA!!!

Hopefully, I can get to eat my own words by getting a call before the end of the day tomorrow!

Res. 4/20 Vin 1873 Ordered Oct. Blink installed last week: Whenever I drive into my garage, a big Blink display asks me to "Please plug in your vehicle." Yeahh Right! I would if I had it!

cdaveb said:
Woot- just got a call from my dealership, they say my car's ready for pickup today! I'm headed over to get it as soon as my father-in-law comes by to pick me up. My poor husband missed the delivery by only a few hours, but he'll get to see it when he gets home from his trip.

*sigh* I show up at the dealership and they're like, oh whoops someone jumped the gun. The car is there but it hasn't been cleaned up and won't be ready for tomorrow. They let me come see it in its still dirty from the truck state and offered to drop it off at my house tomorrow since they know I'm currently carless. They said they want to show me a bunch of stuff about the car and it takes about an hour.

So I've done all the paperwork, but I don't yet have my car, but I've seen it now. The paperwork took forever too- it's clear they're not that used to handling Leafs yet and they were a bit confused how to handle a payment by check- I guess most people don't pay that way. They also weren't familiar with what to do about the reservation fee rebate so they're going to get back to me on that tomorrow. But the end is near!

LALeaf said:
He further mentioned that the focus was on filling the Sept/Oct orders and that there wasn't any effort made for the Nov/Dec orders. Also, that for the most part the Nov/Dec orders have not yet been produced yet, but should be in May and June.
I ordered in December and in Feb I was told that my car was in production. So now they are saying that nov/dec orders for the most part have not been produced. I'm thinking that that may now be true. Because they used our cars to make up for the out of sequence 2011 orders. :evil:

jmillington said:
Got the call from my dealer - my Leaf is in. :D
They are closed tomorrow, Easter Sunday, so I'll pick it up on Monday at 11am.

Received the 7 day email on April 14, DB has been saying Week of April 21.
So arrival at dealer on April 23 and (hopefully) delivery on April 25 - not too bad. :D
The delivery went without a hitch on Monday (April 25) and here is a picture of me picking up my new Leaf!
I'm Shingle Springs Nissan's first Leaf customer and they're going to put my picture in the local newspaper! :)

jimsLeaf.jpg

Congrats, jmillington. Nice looking color on your LEAF, same as mine. Also you look like a happy camper after all the angst. Your reservation and RAQ date are the same as mine, and delivery about a week apart.

Enjoy your experience.

Got my car today at Nissan Boardwalk.

First piece of info: Boardwalk received 18 cars in 3 shipments between Monday night and yesterday (or this morning, I don't remember). They are basically showing up sometimes with no advance notice. They expect many more in the next few weeks, but it's hard to predict since sometimes cars show up almost at random.

Dealership experience: it took 2.5 hours. 1 Hour for getting all the explanations, 20-30 minutes to fill paperwork, 1 hour wait to wait for the finance person to be free (bad luck, I guess) and 20 minutes to fill the paperwork.

The person who set the rate for my lease "accidentally" made a typo that bumped my monthly lease payment by $100, even if the salesperson (Nate, very nice guy) reminded him that I was from the forum and that he should apply the 0.00204 money factor. Once the typo was fixed, the lease rate was within $0.02 of what I had discussed with the dealership in advance.

The actual finance person who managed the actual lease paperwork actually found a couple of minor mistakes on the lease calculations (e.g. 5 tires instead of 4) and that made my final number approximately $0.50-$0.60 lower.

So, all in all a good experience other than the typo "snafu". Of course, the journey to getting the LEAF was made so much smoother by Brendan at Boardwalk.

idunk said:
First piece of info: Boardwalk received 18 cars in 3 shipments between Monday night and yesterday (or this morning, I don't remember). They are basically showing up sometimes with no advance notice. They expect many more in the next few weeks, but it's hard to predict since sometimes cars show up almost at random.
Hopefully the same will be happening at Fontana Nissan. I got an email from them today saying they are going to check into the status of my Leaf and try to speed the process up so I can take delivery this week (dashboard shows week of April 22). I doubt they can, but good to know they are on top of things.

Stoaty said:
Hopefully the same will be happening at Fontana Nissan. I got an email from them today saying they are going to check into the status of my Leaf and try to speed the process up so I can take delivery this week (dashboard shows week of April 22). I doubt they can, but good to know they are on top of things.
I would love to add one more to Fontana's April sales :D So if the truck rolls in at 8p on Saturday I am ready ;)

Back