April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nissan says delivery April 18 - no sign of my Leaf yet.

Dealer (Nissan Boardwalk) says car is on "Hold" and stuck at port.
Nissan Customer Service says firmware has been applied but has no ETA when it will leave for dealer.

I sold my Prius, so for the past two weeks I had to rent a car to commute to work. I take responsibility for not waiting until I actually had the Leaf, but I had an offer for the Prius and felt buyer may drop the offer if he had to wait too long.

This sucks.

idunk said:
Got my car today at Nissan Boardwalk.

First piece of info: Boardwalk received 18 cars in 3 shipments between Monday night and yesterday (or this morning, I don't remember). They are basically showing up sometimes with no advance notice. They expect many more in the next few weeks, but it's hard to predict since sometimes cars show up almost at random.

Dealership experience: it took 2.5 hours. 1 Hour for getting all the explanations, 20-30 minutes to fill paperwork, 1 hour wait to wait for the finance person to be free (bad luck, I guess) and 20 minutes to fill the paperwork.

The person who set the rate for my lease "accidentally" made a typo that bumped my monthly lease payment by $100, even if the salesperson (Nate, very nice guy) reminded him that I was from the forum and that he should apply the 0.00204 money factor. Once the typo was fixed, the lease rate was within $0.02 of what I had discussed with the dealership in advance.

The actual finance person who managed the actual lease paperwork actually found a couple of minor mistakes on the lease calculations (e.g. 5 tires instead of 4) and that made my final number approximately $0.50-$0.60 lower.

So, all in all a good experience other than the typo "snafu". Of course, the journey to getting the LEAF was made so much smoother by Brendan at Boardwalk.

Congrats!! Glad they didn't play the money factor game they did with me. Brendan was on vacation and no one else got the forum memo back in January :eek: . Enjoy the ride!!!

smkettner said:
Stoaty said:
Hopefully the same will be happening at Fontana Nissan. I got an email from them today saying they are going to check into the status of my Leaf and try to speed the process up so I can take delivery this week (dashboard shows week of April 22). I doubt they can, but good to know they are on top of things.
I would love to add one more to Fontana's April sales :D So if the truck rolls in at 8p on Saturday I am ready ;)

ditto :) COME ON FONTANA!

cdaveb said:
They also weren't familiar with what to do about the reservation fee rebate so they're going to get back to me on that tomorrow.
Your dealer doesn't have anything to do with that. The money went to Nissan USA when you reserved, and Nissan USA will refund it to your credit card account after they are notified that you have completed the transaction.

See this thread: Anyone get their deposit back yet?
Or this one: $99 Reservation Refund Going to Cancelled Credit Card

Ray

Got my LEAF yesterday from North Bay Nissan in Petaluma. Excited about it.

Reserved on 4/23
Ordered on 12/1
Delivery on 4/27
Vin 1441

Spotted a truck with 3 blue and 2 red LEAFs driving north on Lawrence turning on El Camino in Santa Clara, CA. My money is on Nissan Sunnyvale. There will be 5 happy people today. Good luck! (will double-post this message on the May thread too, just in case some May folks are actually the owners and they don't read this thread).

Ready2plugin said:
Congrats!! Glad they didn't play the money factor game they did with me. Brendan was on vacation and no one else got the forum memo back in January :eek: . Enjoy the ride!!!

They tried, but it didn't work because I prepared very thoroughly thanks to all the people who posted in this forum. I went in with my laptop and a spreadsheet.

planet4ever said:
cdaveb said:
They also weren't familiar with what to do about the reservation fee rebate so they're going to get back to me on that tomorrow.
Your dealer doesn't have anything to do with that. The money went to Nissan USA when you reserved, and Nissan USA will refund it to your credit card account after they are notified that you have completed the transaction.

I thought that might be the case. I didn't even think to ask about it until they mentioned something about rebates. Then they were telling me that the rebate gets applied to your charger install, and I told them that my charger was free, but that the rebate they were thinking of was the cost of having an estimate done for the charger install.

After work today they're going to deliver the car to my house, hopefully nothing else goes wrong!

cdaveb said:
planet4ever said:
cdaveb said:

I thought that might be the case. I didn't even think to ask about it until they mentioned something about rebates. Then they were telling me that the rebate gets applied to your charger install, and I told them that my charger was free, but that the rebate they were thinking of was the cost of having an estimate done for the charger install.

After work today they're going to deliver the car to my house, hopefully nothing else goes wrong!

I was told that the rebate ($99 deposit refund) will be refunded to the original credit card within 30 days.

waiting4leaf said:
I was told that the rebate ($99 deposit refund) will be refunded to the original credit card within 30 days.
I received an email from Nissan about a week after my car was delivered. The refund will appear on my credit card statement on the next cycle.

jcesare said:
waiting4leaf said:
I received an email from Nissan about a week after my car was delivered. The refund will appear on my credit card statement on the next cycle.
Got the car yesterday, already received the email from Nissan. The email says "has been refunded", so pretty quick!

waiting4leaf said:
Got my LEAF yesterday from North Bay Nissan in Petaluma. Excited about it.

Reserved on 4/23
Ordered on 12/1
Delivery on 4/27
Vin 1441

Congratulations! Will you now be changing your id ? ;-)

On our spreadsheet, you are one of very very few December orders to already a receive a car (so far no delivery confirmations even from November folks), and I believe the first 4/23 reservation !
Your dates are the closest to mine, so I have my fingers crossed (though am back in the June group now :-(
It is certainly nice to see that spreadsheet finally start turning red as cars are delivered!

Good luck,
Shaun

idunk said:
Spotted a truck with 3 blue and 2 red LEAFs driving north on Lawrence turning on El Camino in Santa Clara, CA. My money is on Nissan Sunnyvale. There will be 5 happy people today. Good luck! (will double-post this message on the May thread too, just in case some May folks are actually the owners and they don't read this thread).

Ooh, Nissan Sunnyvale is my dealer, and my blue SL shows "week of April 22" on the DB. Sure would be nice to get a call from Dennis Colburn (he handles all of the Leaf deals there). On Monday of this week, he told me that he received four invoices for Leafs (not mine), so perhaps this delivery fulfills those invoices.

Gardena Nissan just received 4 Leafs today. I have a week of 4/22 delivery on my dashboard to which the dealer said is still on schedule. Guessing that 1 of the 4 is mine.

garygid said:
The dealer ysterday (OCNI) said that the 0.00204 money factor was below the lowest that they were allowed to use, for ANY credit score. So, beware.

Maybe at their dealership, but NMAC released a lease program sheet that shows .00204 for 740 and up, and it also says that "MF mark-up allowed."

Back