April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leucadialeaf said:
Wow! Leon reported receiving 18 Leafs last Thursday at Mossy Kearney Mesa and lonndoggie saw 6 (or was it 8?) at Mossy O'side, but only one SD county MNLer (RevBrent) has reported getting their car lately!?! That's kind of depressing!
I saw eight, but two were on the truck. Using only my wildly active imagination, I concluded that the ones on the truck were bound for another dealer, while the ones on the lot had been pulled off the truck and parked for prep/delivery. But yeah, maybe the ones on the truck were waiting for someone to come pull 'em off of there. So maybe eight.

Agreed that there must be a whole lot of folks who ordered Leafs but didn't get themselves worked up into as much of a frenzy as we all have, in hang-wringing anticipation of when their car might/could/should arrive. They get the call: "oh, our Leaf is in? Thats nice, I'd forgotten all about it!"

Can't imagine.

Meanwhile, my co-worker who ordered in Nov got pushed back from June to July today. He's thinking of cancelling, as his current car is dying on him and he can't manage to wait. Pity, too, as this would be his third EV and he was quite excited about it (his dying car is an old Mercedes biodiesel conversion).

GroundLoop said:
lonndoggie said:
I drove onto the lot, and I saw six brand-new, just-of-the-truck Leafs (still had the white wrap on the top). I got out and inspected the VINs on the blue ones. Nope, none of them were ours.

Where's your dedication and devotion? No list of six VINs to post? Awww..
bows head in shame

Yes, I thought of that, and of taking a picture. But we needed to get going to make it to the campsite before sunset, so after scurrying about looking in/at the windows at the various tags/stickers, and trying to decipher which number might be the VIN, then thinking I'd figured it out, and looking at that particular paper again on each car, but still not being 100% sure, and then slapping my forehead and saying "Dummy, just look at the metal strip that has the VIN under the window!", I was feeling like I had to get a move on, so, I jumped back in to my idling Subaru and sped off.

Doing 20 push-ups now as penance.

lonndoggie said:
Agreed that there must be a whole lot of folks who ordered Leafs but didn't get themselves worked up into as much of a frenzy as we all have, in hang-wringing anticipation of when their car might/could/should arrive. They get the call: "oh, our Leaf is in? Thats nice, I'd forgotten all about it!"

Can't imagine

Worse yet, some of them may not be sure they still want the car, like the UT reporter in this article:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/apr/29/should-i-keep-my-car-or-buy-a-leaf/

The cars they decide not to take then go to someone willing to pay the dealer well over sticker, not to those of us who have been waiting (as patiently as possible!) all this time!

leucadialeaf said:
lonndoggie said:

Can't imagine

Worse yet, some of them may not be sure they still want the car, like the UT reporter in this article:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/apr/29/should-i-keep-my-car-or-buy-a-leaf/

The cars they decide not to take then go to someone willing to pay the dealer well over sticker, not to those of us who have been waiting (as patiently as possible!) all this time!

Let us know if this guy writes about his final decision.

The poll results from his paper are:

"Would you buy a new Leaf? "

No, it's silly to buy a new car if you don't need one 22% 52 votes
Yes, that's a good price to pay to be free of gasoline 30% 71 votes
No, the car's limitations outweigh the economics 21% 49 votes
Yes, a new car will always cost more than an old one 6% 15 votes
No, electric cars are only going to get better and better 18% 43 votes

leucadialeaf said:
Wow! Leon reported receiving 18 Leafs last Thursday at Mossy Kearney Mesa and lonndoggie saw 6 (or was it 8?) at Mossy O'side, but only one SD county MNLer (RevBrent) has reported getting their car lately!?! That's kind of depressing!

Yup, I'm also "not one of the 18"...but a CSR actually told me my LEAF has been invoiced to the dealer. Quick poll:

1. Believe it. This information came directly from a sincere sounding representative working directly for a contractor allegedly selected by Nissan.
2. It may be true. This is the first time this information has been shared, so it is cause for hope...at least until it has been shared for an additional 10 calls, or until 4 weeks have passed, whichever comes first.
3. Are you nuts? Even when the dealer calls to tell you your LEAF has arrived, don't believe it -they're messing with your mind.

Help me choose the correct option.... I just don't know what to believe anymore :roll:

leucadialeaf said:

I got mine today from Mossy Poway.

I choose option #3, they're driving you nuts. My reasoning is one of the many experiences with my dealer. Here's one of them: Email from salesperson back in Feb.
Mrs. S., I am emailing you to schedule a test drive for your car. I call the salesperson to schedule the test drive. I say to him no less than 3 times that I am calling to schedule my test drive of the Leaf. We then confirm the test drive time. After setting up daycare for my toddler, I show up at the dealer. Guess what...there isn't a Leaf to be found! He thought I was there to drive another car (he missed the Leaf reference that I made in the confirmation phone call). I left the dealer pretty pissed. If this was the only issue with this dealer, I would have cut them some slack. They have dropped the ball a lot with my order and screwed up numerous times...

This will be my 3rd and last Nissan.

VIN 1265

TonyWilliams said:
leucadialeaf said:

I got mine today from Mossy Poway.

Congratulations! The logjam does seem to be easing up.

AmarilloLeaf said:
leucadialeaf said:
lonndoggie said:

Can't imagine

Let us know if this guy writes about his final decision.
he bailed ! http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/may/03/made-up-my-mind-im-not-ready-for-new-leaf/

gbshaun said:
he bailed ! http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/may/03/made-up-my-mind-im-not-ready-for-new-leaf/
I don't get it why do people primarily look at EVs thinking they can save money by not buying gas... you are obviously not really saving anything, at least not in the short term. Even Nissan marketing is targeted around cleaner environment rather then the cost benefit of skipping the gas pump...

Your error is in using the word "thinking". :D Whether it's range anxiety, burning coal, or the price-o-gas, people in general just aren't very informed. A scan through the comments following any of Nissan's Facebook posts will demonstrate this.

IBELEAF said:
gbshaun said:
I don't get it why do people primarily look at EVs thinking they can save money by not buying gas... you are obviously not really saving anything, at least not in the short term. Even Nissan marketing is targeted around cleaner environment rather then the cost benefit of skipping the gas pump...
I'm looking at it as I'll be saving money not buying gas, by buying a Leaf, vs. buying some similarly-priced ICE car.

And I'd be right about that.

lonndoggie said:
I'm looking at it as I'll be saving money not buying gas, by buying a Leaf, vs. buying some similarly-priced ICE car.

And I'd be right about that.

If you currently have a perfectly running used car then you are not saving any money by buying a new car regardless of it being EV or not. With EV you may not be paying for gas, but you are paying some premium for it in comparison to equivalent gas car. (In my case I would've purchased gas car for $17k) So, you maybe right about not buying gas, but at the same time your are wrong thinking that you are saving money with EV. Which is what that article was about...

So do you think it is the protection package or the kickplates? The rest is drop in.
Or are we just basically in the back corner of the lot festering with the seagulls :roll:

lzendle said:
Delivery date: Pending > April 2011>4/14>4/13>4/7>4/15>4/18>4/14>4/18>4/22>4/26>4/28>5/2>5/4>5/6>5/8>5/10
My dates moved about the same except it stopped at 4/19
Maybe my updater is broken :roll: May 10 might be a good week for both of us ;)

Back