Automatic headlights sensor too sensitive

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davewill said:
thankyouOB said:
what is that light that comes in the overhead area near the sunglass case when the lights are turned on?
I think the consensus was that it is a night light to allow you to find the unlighted buttons in the center console.

But when the lights are on, those console buttons are all lit in red, so I doubt that tiny little light does that. It comes one when you start the car, and are in reverse, but goes out when you go forward.

I don't find mine overly sensitive but the problem I see is that there is no delay. I drive under a tree and the lights immediately turn on. Most cars will wait at least 10 or 20 seconds, so maybe the lights will come on in a long tunnel but not as you drive through every overpass.

I have mine set on the least sensitive setting and a funny thing happened this morning. It was overcast but my headlights were not on. As I was driving I see another Leaf headed my direction with headlights on. Either her's was set to a higher sensitivity or the driver is manually turning them on.

Back