best home chargers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another question: A Nissan EVSE is picture in a post by Flyct a few posts ago. The brick sits in a wall mount which did not come with the EVSE that I got on Ebay. I have tried to find this bracket by searching online and at the local dealership - to no avail. Anyone know what it is called and where I can get one ?

BillyClyde said:
...Is there any advantage in terms of battery life to continue using the 110 charging as the routine... ?

I wouldn't expect any meaningful difference in cycle life from that. Battery charge rates are expressed in terms of "C" where C = a 1-hour charge rate. LEAF's fastest level2 charge is about 0.25C, which is already a very mild charge rate.

BillyClyde said:
Another question: A Nissan EVSE is picture in a post by Flyct a few posts ago. The brick sits in a wall mount which did not come with the EVSE that I got on Ebay. I have tried to find this bracket by searching online and at the local dealership - to no avail. Anyone know what it is called and where I can get one ?
From a later post by Flyct: https://www.ebay.com/sch/scionseven/m.html?item=264454936240

By Code in most jurisdictions, the minimum is a 40-ampere breaker for the Nissan unit (which is rated at 30 amperes maximum output). I strongly recommend having a 50-ampere breaker with appropriate wiring installed so that the receptacle can be used for other things such as an RV, a welder, or a 40-ampere EVSE (if you upgrade to a different car with a higher-current onboard charger) without upgrading later.

Yeah hands down 50 amp is the way to go.
It's fairly future proof.
I think charging at 8kw on my home chademo is ludicrous speed and only need it occasionally during the winter.
Going to 9.6kw would be kind of cool but not necessary needed for daily charging.

Oilpan4 said:
Yeah it can potentially over heat a standard 30 amp circuit dryer circuit.

It comes down to the common criteria for many purchases - good, fast, and cheap - pick any two :)

Back