Can I plug in and start charging?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesrw

I can charge 120 volt at free at work so I don't want to use timers. What I want to do is at home plug the car into 120 volt, stop charging, and then on my iphone start charging at 11 pm. I am fine with doing this manually. Is this possible?

If no timer is set, won't the car just start charging again as soon as it's plugged back in? How would you get it to stay off until you resume, except by using a timer?

Set the timer from 11p to ~7a for home and push the button to immediate charge at work.
Otherwise the iPhone should also start the charging at work if needed.

Use a timer from 11pm to 5pm. That way when you come home it will wait until 11pm, but will charge immediately if you plug in during the day. Adjust that end time to match up with whenever you normally get home. Be sure that timer is active on Sunday otherwise it won't start up for your Monday commute...or make the start time midnight to avoid that issue.

I do not know about my 2013, but on my 2012 the over ride charges to 100% and I wanted 80%

I use the timer on my OpenEVSE so I can still charge at 80% normally. That way when I charged at work it was to 80%.

davewill said:
Use a timer from 11pm to 5pm. That way when you come home it will wait until 11pm, but will charge immediately if you plug in during the day. Adjust that end time to match up with whenever you normally get home. Be sure that timer is active on Sunday otherwise it won't start up for your Monday commute...or make the start time midnight to avoid that issue.

Davewill got it right. That's a variation of what I have. My timer is set for 5-510pm which is almost always when I'm on the road. Consequently it fires up any time I plug in and left alone will charge to 80%. So if you want to start immediately anytime except from say 5pm -11pm you set the timer to stop at the time you arrive at home and start at 11pm.

There are some good instructions somewhere in the forum because that's where I found it 18 months ago.

Back