CARWINGS changing to Nissan Connect EV - ONLINE NOW

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mjblazin said:
- the time on the iPhone app is 6 hours behind Dallas putting it time zone west of Tahiti
Unfortunately, this problem is not iPhone-specific.

Considering that I'm on the east coast, and the time is 5 hours early, while somebody on the west coast said that it was showing 8 hours early, I think the developers made 2 mistakes to end up at this point.
  • They assumed that the time returned by the server was UTC, when it's actually the user's configured timezone
  • They then subtracted the timezone offset, instead of adding it to that returned result.
I don't know how else they would have ended up with such a mistake.

garsh said:
  • They assumed that the time returned by the server was UTC, when it's actually the user's configured timezone
  • They then subtracted the timezone offset, instead of adding it to that returned result.
Yes indeed. That's what I've eventually figured out as well. :sigh:

darelldd said:
garsh said:
Yes indeed. That's what I've eventually figured out as well. :sigh:

I happened to notice that recently as well; nothing intuitive on how you would change the time yourself so we'll need to wait ... one question for the group (sorry but I didn't see any mention elsewhere, if it is please feel free to point it out); for those using the Nissan Connect EV app (mine is on an iPhone, perhaps the Android version is similar) and have 'lost' at least a bar or two of battery capacity, on the main screen under 'state of charge' do you see any red bars just above 'empty'? I almost think that this indicates some dead cells (mine is borderline losing its first bar, but the indicator shows two?) ... anyone else seeing this and/or have an explanation for it? I'd post a screen shot but going into a conf call in a few minutes?

I figured those red bars conform to the hard code red bars you see on the dashboard battery meter. Just a warning that you somehow could not get by only seeing 2 bars of charge.

Yes, I think those red bars just translate to: "you're almost at no bars, and probably should stop driving." As if that helps while using the app... but hey.

Due to my eight hour off thing, when I check it in the morning, even the date is wrong of course. An update shows a PM time of last night. So helpful!

OK I am seem to be having app problems. The app won't accept my user name & password. I am using the same email and password as the portal - is anyone else having this issue - I am on android running marshmallow - 6.0.

garsh said:
That is funny. I just now paid attention to my phone, and it's 5 hours behind.
The code monkeys who developed this app should be ashamed of themselves. This is second-rate crap.

But hey, they did take the time to code an "ARE YOU SURE?" interruption, to save me the horror of an inadvertent status update! :roll:

I get the new app on my S5 and my credentials are wiped out. So I attempt to reenter and I get the "incorrect password yadda yadda" message.

I go to the Owners Portal and can log in fine. I decide to change the password on the portal and then attempt the NissanConnect EV login again. Same message.

I call Nissan EV support and they tell me I must be typing the password incorrectly. Sorry folks... Been in IT for almost 35 years and I know how to type my password. She puts me on hold, comes back and tells me that I need to re-enter my carwings userid/pin on the leaf console and that MIGHT fix the problem.

I pull the pin and password off the portal. I attempt to re-enter and get a message that I NEED A CARWINGS ACCOUNT. I went through the whole id password change business when Nissan changed the system and it's been working just fine. Now the console interface is throwing this message. ugh.

I call support again and they had to escalate to Level 2. Now I can't get my car connected and the app STILL doesn't log in.... even though I can log into the owners portal just fine.

When I attempt to use the refresh button on the NissanConnect EV online portal I get "There was a problem detected executing the request. Please try your request again."

Obviously the Car is no longer linked properly and/or the pin/password given to me via the portal link are bad.

Anyone else run into this mess???

Marv

Pipcecil said:
OK I am seem to be having app problems. The app won't accept my user name & password. I am using the same email and password as the portal - is anyone else having this issue - I am on android running marshmallow - 6.0.

me too, google nexus 6 running M6.0 Can log into web site using PC, OK using email. Carwings in car, OK with userid. 3rd party Android app Leaf Manager, OK, with userid. But not NissanConnect EV. If I enter wrong email/password, get notification saying wrong credentials. Enter right info (email) and get a message saying the service cannot be provided (or similar).

MarvGordon said:
I get the new app on my S5 and my credentials are wiped out. So I attempt to reenter and I get the "incorrect password yadda yadda" message.

I go to the Owners Portal and can log in fine. I decide to change the password on the portal and then attempt the NissanConnect EV login again. Same message.

I call Nissan EV support and they tell me I must be typing the password incorrectly. Sorry folks... Been in IT for almost 35 years and I know how to type my password. She puts me on hold, comes back and tells me that I need to re-enter my carwings userid/pin on the leaf console and that MIGHT fix the problem.

I pull the pin and password off the portal. I attempt to re-enter and get a message that I NEED A CARWINGS ACCOUNT. I went through the whole id password change business when Nissan changed the system and it's been working just fine. Now the console interface is throwing this message. ugh.

I call support again and they had to escalate to Level 2. Now I can't get my car connected and the app STILL doesn't log in.... even though I can log into the owners portal just fine.

When I attempt to use the refresh button on the NissanConnect EV online portal I get "There was a problem detected executing the request. Please try your request again."

Obviously the Car is no longer linked properly and/or the pin/password given to me via the portal link are bad.

Anyone else run into this mess???

Marv

Yes , same issues today. Who knows what the hell they are up to? They sure don't!

I have done nothing--did not try to connect to the new site with my computer, did not change anything on the car, and (of course) did not change userid/password (since I have not tried to connect to the new site). My plug in reminders and charge complete notifications still come via email (from a different Nissan email address) with the correct time stamp for my time zone. Also, my charge complete text messages still come through with correct time stamps to my BlackBerry (from a different Nissan address). I just did a status update from the BlackBerry and received updated information with correct charge level and time stamp. I would like to log in via computer to see if all of my accumulated data is intact and download it since I forgot to save it before the system "upgrade" in September. Unfortunately, I am afraid to try anything after all the problems noted in this long thread.

Gerry

GerryAZ said:
... Unfortunately, I am afraid to try anything after all the problems noted in this long thread.

Gerry
+10 Gerry.

My notifications have still been working too.
Afraid to touch anything with this Nissan absolute mess of a changeover.

I hope the 2016 SV and SL 30 kWh are better engineered :shock: :eek: :?

If you can log into the portal website and not into the new ev app try logging into the portal and changing your password to something shorter than whatever it was before. After I did this I could get into the android app.

RagingDork said:
If you can log into the portal website and not into the new ev app try logging into the portal and changing your password to something shorter than whatever it was before. After I did this I could get into the android app.

I'm afraid to do this... right now Leaf Manager works, the car connects to Nissan, and the web portal works. Who knows what will happen if I try and change the password. I think I'll just try and ride this out. Surely someone, somewhere will eventually notice that this isn't working and fix it. And also rate the EV app one star on Google Play Store

No matter if I enter a correct password or not the app tells me my ID/Password is invalid, yet I can still login and do things via the internet using the owners portal (with the same id and password).

To top it off, my password is a simple 8 character password with no fancy characters. If the app cannot take a simple 8-character password there is some major issues if it needs to be shorter than 8 characters.

After IOS update yesterday, the time still has the confusion thinking local time is GMT, but the maps now at least are US centered on your location (at continental scale) and are no longer in Japanese. That's progress. You would think the time fix would be a no brainer, but may be linked to another feature that also needs new coding.

What a POS.
While I was no fan Carwings, this is making me LONG for those good old days.
Yes, It wiped out all my credentials, and I had to go back through that whole process.
But my pet peeve about this stupid thing is:

1) It has yet to actually do what what I ask it without first displaying an error message, and telling me to contact nissan.

After I dismiss that message, It seems to then do what I ask however.

2) It's slower than smell

3) It will not let me control anything (climate especially) until it updates, which takes forever. Carwings would at least let me request climate on without an update process.

I don't know about you, but I'm not that organized that I will always request climate on 20 minutes before I leave.

It was nice to just pull out the phone, push climate on, and by the time I got to the car, it was at least producing heat.

They just HAD to mess with it

Back