CARWINGS changing to Nissan Connect EV - ONLINE NOW

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mjblazin said:
The time in the app now reflects your local time.

Well look at that! They managed to crack the time code! :) Thanks for letting us know. The clock seems to work correctly here, finally.

I've just been sailing along without checking anything; not using the "old" app I've had since the car was delivered in December 2011. Well, it's cold outside now so I figure before heading up to the corner whiskey store for a jug of a Clever Red Muscatel, and over to the local discount smoke shop for another carton of coffin nails, I would "turn on the heat" whilst seated comfortably in my Man Cave Lounger watching Law and Order reruns.

Well, as a famous movie actor once said "Surprise, Surprise". A non-working application (remember, the "old one"?). So I had to go out to the stable, fire up the LEAF with a double button push, turn on the heat and retreat to the wood stove and blessed warmth.

So, I'll be starting each paragraph with "So" just like the computeratii do on the Linux web sites:

So, I said to meself, maybe I should check into the old Forum and see what's up wid dat, like yo!.

OMG!!

So, I read this entire thread and am absolutely Astonished .. yes, Shocked to the roots of despair, that Nissan has royally FUBARed something which should have been a simple thing.

So, I checked into the Nissan web site and signed in; found all of my old data -- not that I really care about it any more -- I've stopped worrying about it since my LEAF is now a proven and reliable town car. The web site says to get the ap on my iPhone and do whatever it tells me to do.

So I go to the car, start the Wings stuff, and do all the signing in, verification, and so forth. However, the iPhone ap -- "Nissan Connect EV" says that I must connect to the Media Center but gives me only the option to "skip". After several tries, with no success, I find that my attempts ended with the message: "Press the APPS button on your audio system, then press the My Apps button on the screen to connect."

So now, Feeling like I am on the bridge talking to HAL-2000. I observe that I do NOT have a "APPS Button" nor do I have a "My Apps" button on the screen.

"Open the Pod Bay Doors HAL!" --- "I'm sorry Dave, I can't so that" > You all know how that goes when the software has been completely and terminally FUBARed and the cut-over to the "new improved system" is a SNAFU.

So, You will all be happy to know that I DID NOT pull out my Desert Eagle .50 Caliber Semi-Automatic Handgun loaded with Doomsday Rounds which I have resting turgidly inside a custom made holster situated neatly, and appropriately, between my legs on the front of the seat cushion. No, I did not, didn't even look at it or covertly caress the Poacher's Ivory Grips studded with Blood Diamonds.

So, instead, I moseyed on back into the Dave-Cave, admiring photographs of my Porsche 928S at speed; a framed 8x10 of my last speeding citation (155 in a 70 zone) driving the old thing, and put on a pirated mp3 of a 50's early rock album which includes "Why's Everybody Always Picking on Me?".

Well! Quite an experience, to say the least, sort of like losing your tail rotor when you are upwind and into an out of ground effect hover, aiming your chin turret General Electric 30mm at some of the skulking Usual Enemies.

Meanwhile, I'm working out an analysis of the meaning of "She Talks to Angels" originally by The Black Crowes, but as re-sung by Wierd Al Yankovich.

Hey CWO4Mann:

You are one FUNNY dude. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post----and I'm a semi-senile 77 yr young Leafer. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, BTW, I agree with everything you said concening the "new and improved" carwings replacement.

I was luckier than most, apparently, and that's unusual for me. I tried to access CarWings last week, was asked if I wanted to use a user id or my email in the new version, and, after one failed attempt then to get in, it works fine for me now. Knock on wood. Dammit, now I wish I hadn't said anything...

Is anyone getting charge complete messages? All i get are messages after I request an update saying status updated but no actual charge info. I can't turn that off and I don't get messages telling me charging stopped with charge data.

CWO4Mann said:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors HAL!"

Lol! Except HAL was way smarter than "NAL".

I served with HAL. I knew HAL. HAL was a friend of mine. Nissan, you're no HAL 9000.

I "spoke" too soon. The Connect time is an hour ahead of my actual time. I figured I could just go with what the site thought the time was, and set the climate control accordingly, but in reality the car uses the correct time despite the site time, so I'll have to subtract an hour to use the CC timer...

Now that it's cold and I need to heat the cabin ahead of time to make my destination in some semblance of comfort, I decided to give this mess another try. Here is my status right now:

- This time around I realized that the code I was provided is a NEW code and that I had to REPLACE what was in the car to get things "working".
- With the new code in the car, I am now able to get status and control things from the Nissan Owners' Portal website.
- NissanConnect on my iPad Air 2 running iOS 9.1 does not work. At all.
- NissanConnect has been pulled from the App Store. In iTunes, it shows that I downloaded it and a bunch of bad reviews.

Have I missed something or is this about it? So I guess I need to log into the Nissan Owners' Portal on Safari if I want to control things while out an about?

BTW, what does 11% of processing a request to turn on climate control REALLY mean? :?: :?:

RegGuheert said:
Now that it's cold and I need to heat the cabin ahead of time to make my destination in some semblance of comfort, I decided to give this mess another try. Here is my status right now:

- This time around I realized that the code I was provided is a NEW code and that I had to REPLACE what was in the car to get things "working".
I still do not understand why they wanted or needed new car codes.

I have been waiting hoping they would straighten this out before converting.

The old car code is still working.
I still get SMS notifications.

WHY change the car code?

TimLee said:

WHY change the car code?
I'm not sure why they changed the code.

I had intended to simply stick with the old app since it was still working, but when I got my new iPad with iOS 9.1, the old app no longer functioned properly. That's what caused me to try to switch to NissanConnect. It's been a bit frustrating.

RegGuheert said:
TimLee said:

WHY change the car code?
I'm not sure why they changed the code.

I had intended to simply stick with the old app since it was still working, but when I got my new iPad with iOS 9.1, the old app no longer functioned properly. That's what caused me to try to switch to NissanConnect. It's been a bit frustrating.

My code didn't change in the car.

I'm on android for the app.

When you use the IOS app is it https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nissanconnectsm-ev/id407814405?mt=8 which shows version 4.0.2 Nov 10, 2015?

dhanson865 said:

When you use the IOS app is it https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nissanconnectsm-ev/id407814405?mt=8 which shows version 4.0.2 Nov 10, 2015?
Thanks! That helped me find the issue: I was using a different app. The app you linked actually works!

Here is the app I had been using:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nissanconnect/id659688970?mt=8

I'm pretty sure I got to this app from within the owners portal. Based on what I have read in this thread, it appears that others may have tried to use that app as well, with the same result as I had.

BTW, if you search for either of these apps from within the App Store on the iPad, neither app comes up (even though they BOTH show up in the instant search suggestions that pop up). Neither of these apps show up in the App Store in the "Purchased" area, either. The result is that it is not possible, AFAICT, to put either of these apps onto any of our iPads without first loading them into iTunes and then syncing them up to the device. This is a problem for devices which we do not want to associate with iTunes. Fortunately, I can get to it using the link you provided.

What a mess Nissan has created. I'll say it again: Software is not their strong suit.

RegGuheert said:
dhanson865 said:

Thanks! That helped me find the issue: I was using a different app. The app you linked actually works!

Here is the app I had been using:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nissanconnect/id659688970?mt=8

I'm pretty sure I got to this app from within the owners portal. Based on what I have read in this thread, it appears that others may have tried to use that app as well, with the same result as I had.

BTW, if you search for either of these apps from within the App Store on the iPad, neither app comes up (even though they BOTH show up in the instant search suggestions that pop up). Neither of these apps show up in the App Store in the "Purchased" area, either. The result is that it is not possible, AFAICT, to put either of these apps onto any of our iPads without first loading them into iTunes and then syncing them up to the device. This is a problem for devices which we do not want to associate with iTunes. Fortunately, I can get to it using the link you provided.

What a mess Nissan has created. I'll say it again: Software is not their strong suit.

Computers are my thing. :) That's why as cars get more computerized I get more comfortable with them. I don't like working with brake fluid or brake pads but I'll tinker all day long with a MFD, cell phone app, etcetera.

Now that you've confirmed it works I'll add it to the first page of the thread.

IOS app new version is https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nissanconnectsm-ev/id407814405?mt=8 version 4.0.2 Nov 10, 2015 or later

Android app new version is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aqsmartphone.android.nissan version 4.0.0 November 2, 2015 or later

dhanson865 said:

IOS app new version is https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nissanconnectsm-ev/id407814405?mt=8 version 4.0.2 Nov 10, 2015 or later

Android app new version is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aqsmartphone.android.nissan version 4.0.0 November 2, 2015 or later
Good idea!

Unfortunely, those are not the apps that Nissan sends you to. I looked back at where I got the wrong app and I see that the Nissan Owners Portal has a link to this page, which provides links to the apps which do NOT work with the LEAF. (Login is required for both links I provided.)

RegGuheert said:
dhanson865 said:

Good idea!

Unfortunely, those are not the apps that Nissan sends you to. I looked back at where I got the wrong app and I see that the Nissan Owners Portal has a link to this page, which provides links to the apps which do NOT work with the LEAF. (Login is required for both links I provided.)

Yes there are ads and links all over the Nissan website to the non EV versions of the apps. You literally have to learn to ignore anything on their site that doesn't say EV in bigger letters than the end of Nissan or Connect.

And it's not just the Apps. There are warranty, service, and other sections of the Nissan site that will let you waste your time if you don't avoid them as well.

dhanson865 said:
Yes there are ads and links all over the Nissan website to the non EV versions of the apps. You literally have to learn to ignore anything on their site that doesn't say EV in bigger letters than the end of Nissan or Connect.
But the point is that there are NO links on Nissan's site for the NissanConnect EV. Combine this with the fact that you CANNOT find the NissanConnect EV software in the App Store on the device and it is obvious that Nissan is sending ALL LEAF owners ONLY to the other app. How is an owner supposed to know that there are two different apps if Nissan only provides a link to one?

In my case, the ONLY vehicle in my Nissan Owners' Portal is the LEAF, so there is no reason to give me a link to NissanConnect. I ONLY need NissanConnect EV. So, what does Nissan do? They only offer me the wrong one and make the name (both names, actually) unsearchable in the App Store.

Only a Google search gets me to the correct app, but how would anyone know to search for it given that Nissan provided a link?

Back