Carwings down?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confirmed. The manual also states:

Operating tips
. When the charge connector is connected, the climate control operates using electric power. When the charge connector is disconnected from the vehicle, the climate control operates using vehicle battery elec- tric power.
. The climate control can be operated for a maximum of 2 hours when the charge connector is connected to the vehicle, or a maximum of 15 minutes when the charge connector is disconnected.

ebill3 said:
jhm614 said:
Does anybody know if you can preheat without Carwings? (Manually from inside the car?)
Plug the EVSE into the car. Start charge. Push start twice (no need for foot on brake). Climate control - push Auto, set temperature.

Bill

JohnnySebring said:
I heard it was solar flares from the sun storm last week.
What you're talking about is a regular 11yr cycle that's going on right now, and not likely to be related.

saywatt said:
Confirmed. The manual also states:

Operating tips
. When the charge connector is connected, the climate control operates using electric power. When the charge connector is disconnected from the vehicle, the climate control operates using vehicle battery elec- tric power.
. The climate control can be operated for a maximum of 2 hours when the charge connector is connected to the vehicle, or a maximum of 15 minutes when the charge connector is disconnected.

ebill3 said:
jhm614 said:
Does anybody know if you can preheat without Carwings? (Manually from inside the car?)
Plug the EVSE into the car. Start charge. Push start twice (no need for foot on brake). Climate control - push Auto, set temperature.

Bill
There is a bonus with doing it this way - climate control will use fresh air instead of recirculate as it does when climate control is started remotely. That often results in fogged windows.

Bill

The interesting thing I noticed when I tried it was that the CC gauge on the Energy Info screen showed 3kW as if the car was unplugged. I really could not tell that the CC was "actually" operating on shore power.

ebill3 said:
There is a bonus with doing it this way - climate control will use fresh air instead of recirculate as it does when climate control is started remotely. That often results in fogged windows.

Bill

With an SOC-Meter, you could display the Current (amps),
or Power (kW), going into, or out of, the Battery Pack.

With that, you could tell if the heating was using Battery Pack power.

garygid said:
With an SOC-Meter, you could display the Current (amps),
or Power (kW), going into, or out of, the Battery Pack.

With that, you could tell if the heating was using Battery Pack power.
Good point, Gary. I checked the GIDS.

Started override to 100%, started climate control. GIDS were 207. About 20 minutes later, car is warm and GIDS are 209. Climate control must be using shore power.

Bill

solardude said:
I just called. They said the there was a major power outage at the main center and they said it could be 2 days before Carwings is up and running again.
Ah...so the GreenCharge accusations that were flying around turned out to be unfounded after all.

Kind of makes some of us look like the modern internet media: speculating and doing guilt by association before all the facts are in.

"How 'bout those two fires where a Volt was in the garage? Coincidence or Cause & effect?"

Until more facts come out, it is human nature that your answer depends what goggles you are wearing. I know my Dad believed all us EV-heads were all doomed to a fiery death while I found it difficult to believe that a properly installed charger could actually cause a fire which was probably driven as much by my self interest as my logical reasoning. Sometimes it pays to wait for a clearer picture before we begin pointing fingers....

ebill3 said:
jhm614 said:

Bill

Unless the battery is below about 20% SOC... it won't turn on the heater.

BTDT.

CarWings is working for me this morning on the web and with GreenCharge, and the text status service. :mrgreen:

Not working for me yet either, since yesterday. I've gotten nothing but "failed communications" messages. Called the service guys and they said they had to deactivate my account and then reactivate it, and I would have to sign in from the car again to get communications working. :?: :?:

TT

Back