Carwings down?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My CW distance traveled did not update for a month (did not touch or change anything). Reset/sign on as previously performed by CS did not help. Yesterday I got this from CS and all is working now
From the Navigation unit:

Download frequency:
Menu > CarWings > CarWings Settings > Info Feed Settings > Download Automatically > Select Download Interval > Power On

Service reminders:
Menu > Carwings > Carwings settings > Service reminders > Make sure this is on.

Information sharing with Nissan:
Menu > Carwings > Carwings settings > Information sharing with Nissan. Make sure this is on.

This is not necessary. Mine has been set to Never since two days after I bought the car and Carwings has always worked fine. (The incessant nags about efficiency et al simply drove me crazy.)
Likewise with service reminders; they can be off if you like.
The only thing that does need to be on is Share Information With Nissan...
EdmondLeaf said:
Download frequency:
Menu > CarWings > CarWings Settings > Info Feed Settings > Download Automatically > Select Download Interval > Power On

TomT said:
This is not necessary. Mine has been set to Never since two days after I bought the car and Carwings has always worked fine. (The incessant nags about efficiency et al simply drove me crazy.)
Likewise with service reminders; they can be off if you like.
The only thing that does need to be on is Share Information With Nissan...
EdmondLeaf said:
Download frequency:

The other did not much sense to me, but this what I was told to do

Always remember that Nissan Leaf CS has a less then stellar record of accuracy... You are probably better off, in fact, in assuming that whatever they tell you is wrong! :lol:

EdmondLeaf said:
The other did not much sense to me, but this what I was told to do

Back to main thread title ... Carwings site seems to be having issues; tried with IE, Chrome and Win Phone 7, seems to get through but quite slow and incomplete page display and/or simply does not go through; perhaps March was a record sales month and its all those new owners trying to get through ???

UPDATE: tried again much later and appears OK; not sure if they take it down for maintenance, etc. as only another 579 cars were sold in March all those new owners can't be making any impact

Back