CARWINGS ENABLED ON DASHBOARD TODAY - YEAH!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally ... I got my CarWings Enabled today.. actually just about an hr ago....

Though my Delivery still says Month Of April...

-Sree

AAARRRRGGG! I *knew* it would happen this way! My date just got updated to w/o 4/5...and I'll be out of town this week!

*sigh*
There are worse things to complain about... :lol:
Time to get excited!!

My DB had CARWINGS enabled and still said Month of April, but an hour later had Week of 5 April, and had all the other lower DB items enabled.

Using the DB "Start..." link under CARWINGS to then clicking "continue" to go to the owner? page fails some "authorization" test it seems. Likewise for the link to the owner's portal in the last DB function.

However, going directly to
http://www.nissanusa.com/owners
I can login and ...
then, does one's LEAF magically appear in a "Banner"?

If so, mine appears as MyLeaf #855, ... and I changed the name to "GgMaple".

However, clicking the link right below my LEAF's banner, checking the two checkboxes that appear, and ...
then, attempting to "attach?" CARWINGS fails and says to call CS (877-664-2738).

Am I missing something?

Probably will not do much useful with YOUR car until the PIN and PWD are entered into yourcar.

However, activating your CW account SHOULD let you see other's CW "contest" data, right?

My carwings opened today. Still says month of April 2011. April 8 is the first day of the 8th month, so unless I am first week of April they didn't make their "4-7 months"... but I can live with it as long as April doesn't become May.

Having activated my CARWINGS account, but with my LEAF not yet delivered, is there anything to be seen with:
1. the iPhone app?
2. a browser-based "app"?

How does one access the web-app, only by logging in at the "owners" portal?

And then what, click on the car icon (now "dimmed" out)?

Does one need the car to be set with the correct PIN and PWD before one can even see the "worldwide" competitions?

In the last two weeks my week of date started changing. It had been month of March since December. Then it changed in January to month of April. Two weeks ago it became week of April 5. That lasted about three days and it changed again to week of April 8 ( same week by the way). Then last week I got a "delivery date updated" email from Nissan. This time changing to week of March 30. But, in all this, I still do not have the get started button on pre-delivery check list on the DB. Even though I got an email from Nissan last night telling me to go on-line to start the pre-delivery check list. Confused and excited all over again.

rawhog said:
In the last two weeks my week of date started changing. It had been month of March since December. Then it changed in January to month of April. Two weeks ago it became week of April 5. That lasted about three days and it changed again to week of April 8 ( same week by the way). Then last week I got a "delivery date updated" email from Nissan. This time changing to week of March 30. But, in all this, I still do not have the get started button on pre-delivery check list on the DB. Even though I got an email from Nissan last night telling me to go on-line to start the pre-delivery check list. Confused and excited all over again.
Well, the good news is, Carwings opened for me today. Got my vin#. YES!!!! Poor, but not bad news. Delvery date moved again to week of April 12th. I read somewhere that you don't get your vin until the car is in port. Is that true?

My carwings was enabled today and my VIN ends in 776.

Ordered January 26th
Delivery week of April 28th
Port Townsend, WA

Under enable carwings, i get "an exception occurred retrieving your information", even though both nissan's site and this one is telling me to enable it.

I talked to the useless chat people a little while ago because I had the same problem. Dumb ass tried to tell me that I would have to sign up later. Even after I told her I signed up yesterday. Anyway. I linked in through the normal Nissan web site instead of the Nissan Leaf My Account portal and all was well. I think their crappy web site is acting up again. Gary, you don't get your vin until you enable carwings first.

I have my VIN from the nissan usa portal, but what is the link to carwings? Or do i have to wait untli i put in the login/password into the car's navi?

Back