CARWINGS ENABLED ON DASHBOARD TODAY - YEAH!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rainnw said:
I have my VIN from the nissan usa portal, but what is the link to carwings? Or do i have to wait untli i put in the login/password into the car's navi?
Until you activate CARWINGS in your vehicle, it seems you will only be able to pre-register.

BruinLEAFer said:
rainnw said:
I have my VIN from the nissan usa portal, but what is the link to carwings? Or do i have to wait untli i put in the login/password into the car's navi?
Until you activate CARWINGS in your vehicle, it seems you will only be able to pre-register.

ditto for the iphone app, which you can download for free.

garygid said:
Use this link:
http://www.nissanusa.com/owners
and login to see your VIN.

I loged in on that site, but I don't see VIN #. Should I register or what should I do on owner's site to get VIN #?

So, I have registered for Carwings. Will it at any point be possible to view my Leaf's information prior to taking actual delivery (i.e., mileage, charging statistics)? I thought some folks had been able to view their vehicle information before taking delivery. Perhaps I was mistaken.

uwskier20 said:
So, I have registered for Carwings. Will it at any point be possible to view my Leaf's information prior to taking actual delivery (i.e., mileage, charging statistics)? I thought some folks had been able to view their vehicle information before taking delivery. Perhaps I was mistaken.
I thought that too ... but it seems you have to activate in the car as well ... and that won't happen until delivery (or you can cheat and go to your dealer as soon as the car arrives).

I haven't gotten an email from Nissan for a long time. But I got one today:

Lonnie, congratulations on being one of the first to own a Nissan LEAF™! To continue this historical journey, make sure you visit the Nissan Owners' Portal. By establishing your account before the delivery of your vehicle, you'll be able to take advantage of checking your battery status, setting your climate control - even managing your notifications and downloading mobile apps - all remotely. As for actually driving your Nissan LEAF - that's best enjoyed in person.

I had already established my account and set up Carwings notifications and gotten my Carwings PIN and pwd, but better late than never, I guess.

Looked at my dashboard, and now under Carwings it has a button labeled "View Settings". Previously, it had the "there was an error getting your info" message referenced in several posts, and after that, something to the effect that I had enabled Carwings.

This new button doesn't do anything. Tried in Chrome and Firefox--nada.

In the Owners Portal, the only Carwings-y things I can do is look at my PIN and Pwd, and change my notifications.

Where is the actual Carwings site? You guys see a link to that in the Owner's Portal?

lonndoggie said:
In the Owners Portal, the only Carwings-y things I can do is look at my PIN and Pwd, and change my notifications.

Where is the actual Carwings site? You guys see a link to that in the Owner's Portal?
If you login at http://www.nissanusa.com/owners/login and "VIEW LEAF STATUS" ... near the botton is a large button (mostly blue, but with concentric circles and an upside-down rain-drop in yellow) labelled "the new owner" and "launch CARWINGS" to get to CarWings data.

LEAFer said:
If you login at http://www.nissanusa.com/owners/login and "VIEW LEAF STATUS" ... near the botton is a large button (mostly blue, but with concentric circles and an upside-down rain-drop in yellow) labelled "the new owner" and "launch CARWINGS" to get to CarWings data.

Therein lies the difference. When I log in, at the bottom of my Leaf page isn't a VIEW LEAF STATUS link, rather VIEW LEAF PIN AND PASS. Must be I'm not far enough along in the twelve stations of ownership yet to get to VIEW LEAF STATUS.

This page reminds me--cruelly, I might add--that I have yet to enter my pin and pwd into my actual Leaf, and thus I'm not worthy to go farther.

If only I had a Leaf into which to enter said information.

Soon, soon (he says, grinning maniacally while rubbing his hands together).

AndyH said:
lonndoggie said:
https://zeroemission.nissan-carwings.com/aqPortal/content/country/default/jsp/top_post_login.iface
And that one doesn't work (for me) either--I did get it to work, sort of, earlier, which required that I was already logged in to the owner's portal, as it seemed to get who I am from my current cookies. Couldn't do anything, even look at the current efficiency rankings, but still I could look around a bit, see how the UI was structured.

Right now, it didn't appear to do even do that--it gave me a login prompt--and my PIN and PWD didn't work.

Thanks for the info--I'm sure as things progress, I'll be able to get in eventually.

I got some mixed messages recently from Nissan. My email two(?) days ago said I was being changed to Pending, but the dashboard still said May. Then it changed to Pending the next day. Today I got another email saying my delivery date had been changed and to log in to my account page. I did and now it says June. But I also noticed that today for the first time it says I have enabled Carwings in March (although I did nothing other than look at the tab today). When I click on that "View settings" link in the Carwings tab nothing happens. I went to the owners portal on the Nissan login site as provided earlier in this thread and was able to log in but it said I had no vehicles in the system. Can anyone explain with any confidence where my car is? Do we know for sure Carwings only gets enabled after the car arrives in the US?

Rat said:
Can anyone explain with any confidence where my car is? Do we know for sure Carwings only gets enabled after the car arrives in the US?
Rat: Call Brendan. He has a double secret probation method for finding out VINs and delivery dates. He will be your best source of info.

planet4ever said:
It seems to take 24 to 48 hours after you get the email until someone actually manages to get your dashboard opened up. More Critical Mess garbage, I imagine.
Ray

That must have been 'then', because now, my Carwings opened about a week BEFORE Nissan's email.

Rat said:
Do we know for sure Carwings only gets enabled after the car arrives in the US?

When my LEAF arrived at Long Beach, then and only then, was I able to enable Carwings and receive my VIN. I've hear/read many times that it is about 30 days until delivery when you enable Carwings.

It took a bit of searching (and the google search feature is amazing) but I finally found this topic!

So it sounds like delivery typically occurs 3-4 weeks after CarWings opens. Looking at some posters' signatures, it was 2 months after CarWings opens that they took delivery. Being in TN, I figure the trip from Long Beach to here will take an additional week.

Anyone that has taken delivery recently observe anything different?

I still haven't gotten an email (although I read that it comes 1 week after CarWings is enabled) and my estimated delivery is still Month of August.

My initial thought was to check the "tracking ships" thread, in which it looks like none of the ships have been here in the past few days, nor will they be back for quite some time. So month of August seems about right... even though I can still hope for July!

TNleaf said:
It took a bit of searching (and the google search feature is amazing) but I finally found this topic!

So it sounds like delivery typically occurs 3-4 weeks after CarWings opens. Looking at some posters' signatures, it was 2 months after CarWings opens that they took delivery. Being in TN, I figure the trip from Long Beach to here will take an additional week.

I still haven't gotten an email (although I read that it comes 1 week after CarWings is enabled) and my estimated delivery is still Month of August.

My initial thought was to check the "tracking ships" thread, in which it looks like none of the ships have been here in the past few days, nor will they be back for quite some time. So month of August seems about right... even though I can still hope for July!

Forget about that email from Nissan......I've had my car for 10 days, and haven't received an email yet. My dasboard still says delivery is expected "week of June 16". :(

derkraut said:
TNleaf said:

Forget about that email from Nissan......I've had my car for 10 days, and haven't received an email yet. My dasboard still says delivery is expected "week of June 16". :(

Haha, okay. So when did CarWings open for you?

Back