Charging in Berkeley, CA?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyN

Anyone know public places to charge in Berkeley? Center Street Parking apparently has EV chargers but they are the older type chargers. Only news I could find was from postings in 2000. Any recent updates?

Thanks,

Andy

AndyN said:
Anyone know public places to charge in Berkeley? Center Street Parking apparently has EV chargers but they are the older type chargers. Only news I could find was from postings in 2000. Any recent updates?

Thanks,

Andy

I don't mean to be cryptic, but if you come to a BayLeafs meeting and get on the email list, you may find that there is an EVSE you can use in South Berkeley.

KeiJidosha said:
http://www.recargo.com/search

Search "Berkeley, CA"

There aren't any J1772 public EVSEs in Berkeley. There is a Chargepoint Level 2 EVSE listed at a Sheraton Hotel in Emeryville. The South Berkeley unit I referred to is not public, but it is available to BayLeafers.

Thanks for the responses. I did check EV Charger News, Plug Share, Recargo, and ChargePoint but was hoping to see if anyone actually had spots that they frequented or were not yet reported. Thanks for the heads up on the BayLeafers contact but the we're trying to find a daily work week parking spot. Range anxiety has us wanting just a few hours top off every day. The CityCenter Parking garage was reportedly not functioning as of 8/11/2011 per EV charger news. Apparently the 120v plugs are dead. Thanks again; the search continues.

Back