COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a1DLUew.png

Texas reports a record number of hospitalized coronavirus patients after state reopened early
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/texas-reports-a-record-high-number-of-hospitalized-coronavirus-patients-after-state-reopened-early.html
Texas reported a record number of coronavirus hospitalizations Monday — weeks after Gov. Greg Abbott took the lead among governors in easing social distancing measures to help bring jobs back.

There are currently 1,935 Covid-19 patients in hospitals across the state, topping the previous hospitalization record of 1,888 patients on May 5, according to new data from the Texas Department of State Health Services.

Texas was among the first states to relax its statewide stay-at-home order, allowing it to expire April 30 and some businesses to resume operations May 1.

The coronavirus has infected more than 75,400 people in Texas, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. The positivity rate for Covid-19 tests in Texas reached a low of 4.27% toward the end of May but has since jumped to 7.55%, according to the state’s health department.

downeykp said:
Ok you are accusing of of being under the media mind control. Really? Your president has driven this country into a ditch. The likes of which a democrat will have to fix. Your moron president has made us the laughing stock of the world.
How is that Make America Great Again working for you?

I have already told you, it's going great.
The international company I work for has seen double digit growth all through the trump years and I have made tens of thousands of dollars on my 401k accounts with the stock market swing from 30k, down to 22, then back to 27k. I emptied out my stock funds for money markets as soon as I heard "new virus in china" and then put everything back into hi caps when the market recovered to 23k.
I don't give a damn what the rest of the world thinks. Never have. Never will. What made you think I would?

downeykp said:
Your president has driven this country into a ditch. The likes of which a democrat will have to fix. Your moron president has made us the laughing stock of the world.

Put the bong down, turn off the propaganda and tell me what he did? ...and don't copy and paste!

The worse places in this country are run by your democrats....we have seen what they can do!

Texas is setting records... again. Two days in a row.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/09/texas-reports-two-consecutive-days-of-record-coronavirus-hospitalizations-weeks-after-reopening.html

Texas has reported two consecutive days of record-breaking Covid-19 hospitalizations as the state continues to open businesses and resume activities that were temporarily shuttered due to the coronavirus.

There are currently 2,056 patients sickened with Covid-19 in hospitals across the state as of early Tuesday afternoon, up from a record 1,935 patients Monday, according to updated data from the Texas Department of State Health Services.

Texas was among the first states to relax its statewide stay-at-home order, allowing it to expire April 30 and some businesses to resume operations May 1.

I rather like this site https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
It shows not just daily cases but daily death rates graphed. It shows number of recoveries, active cases, current mild cases, current serious cases. It shows a breakdown by nation. All kinds of interesting stats. Also click on USA to get to state, some states can be clicked on to further break that down.

Learjet said:
Put the bong down, turn off the propaganda and tell me what he did? ...and don't copy and paste!

The worse places in this country are run by your democrats....we have seen what they can do!

Oh, god. Another foe. Where the F are these people coming from? Talk about defending a lost cause.

mwalsh said:
Learjet said:

Oh, god. Another foe. Where the F are these people coming from? Talk about defending a lost cause.

I see no facts...just another snowfake :)

mwalsh said:
Learjet said:

Unfortunately, they represent probably about 1/4 of the country and they are influenced by Faux News, Newsmax, Breitbart, Rush Limbaugh, etc. :( Some of them also listen to Alex Jones and Pizzagate guy Michael Cernovich. :(

cwerdna said:
mwalsh said:
Learjet said:

Unfortunately, they represent probably about 1/4 of the country and they are influenced by Faux News, Newsmax, Breitbart, Rush Limbaugh, etc. :( Some of them also listen to Alex Jones and Pizzagate guy Michael Cernovich. :(

Funny, Trump will have a bigger win in Nov. ...so I don't know what 1/4 you are talking about.

The country sees what can be done with a true leader. I'm not saying he is perfect...no one is...but he is doing what he got elected to do and will do even better during his next term. :D

Just keeping running people out of California with the stupid stuff....you prove my point every day.

There are too many to count. How about his flashbang, tear gas and his rubber bullet photo op. That's really normal. The 10s of thousands of people that he has indirectly killed by sitting on his hands when he knew a pandemic was on the way. HIs bull$hit claims that mail in balloting is bad, but that is how he votes. His lack of wearing a mask when everyone around him wears one. If this is not a problem why are all of his minions wearing masks?

I could go on about how he masquerades about being a friend to Christians when he is not a believer in anyone but himself. Or that the 75yo man who was pushed down by Police officers was faking the whole thing. I suppose that was fake blood under his head.

I could spend weeks writing about the lies that come out of his mouth every time he opens his mouth but it would not matter to the followers of sun yung Trump.

The US and the rest of the world are done with your 12yo girlfriend of a president.

ENOUGH!

Learjet said:
downeykp said:
Your president has driven this country into a ditch. The likes of which a democrat will have to fix. Your moron president has made us the laughing stock of the world.

Well if you find a murder rate, violent crime or any crime "temperature map" and compare it to how "red" or "blue" certain areas are they show a very clear trend.

Oilpan4 said:
downeykp said:
Ok you are accusing of of being under the media mind control. Really? Your president has driven this country into a ditch. The likes of which a democrat will have to fix. Your moron president has made us the laughing stock of the world.

The international company I work for has seen double digit growth all through the trump years and I have made tens of thousands of dollars on my 401k accounts with the stock market swing from 30k, down to 22, then back to 27k. I emptied out my stock funds for money markets as soon as I heard "new virus in china" and then put everything back into hi caps when the market recovered to 23k.
I don't give a damn what the rest of the world thinks. Never have. Never will. What made you think I would?

So your'e saying all is right with the world because you have money. Well your company wouldn't have $hit if not for the hole the last administration dug us out of after the crash of 2008. Many have benefited from the financial well being over the last 11 years, but not all.
Typical republican thinking, as long as my house is in order, to hell with everyone else.

What a jacka$$.

mwalsh said:
Learjet said:

Electrics are catching on. They attract all different types of people now. Not just hyper virtue signaling fake environmentalists any more.
I thought diversity was a good thing?

mwalsh said:
Learjet said:

Election approaching. It's just starting.

downeykp said:
Oilpan4 said:
downeykp said:

So your'e saying all is right with the world because you have money. Well your company wouldn't have $hit if not for the hole the last administration dug us out of after the crash of 2008. Many have benefited from the financial well being over the last 11 years, but not all.
Typical republican thinking, as long as my house is in order, to hell with everyone else.

What a jacka$$.

Looking back at my company's books under obamas "it's technically not a recession" economy they had 3 to 6% growth.
They dug us out alright, as slowly as possible.
When obama said "those jobs are gone and they're not coming back" talking about manufacturing jobs believed him, turns out he was full of his own bs.
I voted for Obama the second time. Wasn't going to vote for that panty waste Romney, so glad he lost. I would have likely voted for obama the first time but I was in Iraq.
I know now that Romney would have definitely been way worse than obama.
I don't like any politicians, you just assume I'm a trump supporter. I consider my self more anti biden than anything trump.

You know, GRA, every time you start a new topic an angel loses a toe...

Getting back on topic, who here believes the latest WHO take on how contagious asymptomatic people are (not)? Or is it rather that they are really not usually contagious, but that an awful lot of people who think they have no symptoms...have symptoms?

LeftieBiker said:
You know, GRA, every time you start a new topic an angel loses a toe...

Getting back on topic, who here believes the latest WHO take on how contagious asymptomatic people are (not)? Or is it rather that they are really not usually contagious, but that an awful lot of people who think they have no symptoms...have symptoms?
Confusion between asymptomatic and presymptomatic. And there is some fuzzy space there, as mild symptoms are not always noticed. Someone might not notice they feel tired and lower energy... Or they might.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/06/09/873166418/who-creates-confusion-about-asymptomatic-spread-here-s-what-we-know

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/09/872737817/kids-and-covid-19-mixed-messages-on-asymptomatic-spread

Back