Dealer access to service records

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefe

I have read several posts where people say they got their dealer to pull service records based on their Leaf's VIN. I called my local Nissan dealer and the guy acted like it was impossible.

I know that with my Prius, the Toyota dealership had access to the vehicle's service history where it was serviced at any Toyota dealer. Does Nissan have the same thing? It seems like they should, but my local dealer said there was no such central database. His suggestion was to pull a Carfax, but that seriously can't be the most accurate service report. Can it?

Has anyone had success having their service history pulled by their local Nissan dealership?

Once again, a clueless dealer person...

Jefe said:
I have read several posts where people say they got their dealer to pull service records based on their Leaf's VIN. I called my local Nissan dealer and the guy acted like it was impossible.

TomT said:
Once again, a clueless dealer person...

Jefe said:

+1 -- on my recent 4th traction battery checkup the service writer initially thought I might have bought mine used but sure enough, putting in the VIN showed they sold it as well as the invoice shows the 'in service' delivery date; now whether or not this person will give it to you w/o bringing it in, etc. could be the clueless part but I would ask to speak to the service manager if the person on the phone doesn't know how to access it, etc.

Back