Delivery of July/August 2011 orders (for MY 2012) Tier 2

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weatherman said:
It did seem odd, that with such a low VIN number, your delivery date would be pushed to mid November. You might want to call your dealer and ask if they’ve received the invoice for your car, or if they could call you when the invoice arrives. Dealers will, typically, get the invoices at least a day or two prior to when the car is delivered to them.

I'll do that. The guy I'm working with at Deland Nissan has been great. He is excited about the LEAF and can't wait until they get here. He has a 2011 demo and called me first thing when he got that! I don't understand the order of VINs vs delivery either.

echinds said:
Weatherman said:
It did seem odd, that with such a low VIN number, your delivery date would be pushed to mid November. You might want to call your dealer and ask if they’ve received the invoice for your car, or if they could call you when the invoice arrives. Dealers will, typically, get the invoices at least a day or two prior to when the car is delivered to them.

I'll do that. The guy I'm working with at Deland Nissan has been great. He is excited about the LEAF and can't wait until they get here. He has a 2011 demo and called me first thing when he got that! I don't understand the order of VINs vs delivery either.

Before I could contact the dealer this morning I got an email from them with a picture of my LEAF on the carrier truck that they will be unloading at my dealer shortly!! (I also got an email from Nissan that it would be arriving "very soon"). So I guess I'll be picking up my LEAF tomorrow! :D :D

I still have a "Month of November 2011" and no VIN here in Georgia at Nalley Nissan. I'm really frustrated that people who ordered after me are getting their cars already.

echinds said:
Before I could contact the dealer this morning I got an email from them with a picture of my LEAF on the carrier truck that they will be unloading at my dealer shortly!! (I also got an email from Nissan that it would be arriving "very soon"). So I guess I'll be picking up my LEAF tomorrow! :D :D

Outstanding! And right about on your original estimated delivery date, too. Your dealer probably got the invoice back on November 1st or 2nd if they are unloading it from the truck, this morning.

It's nice to see the first, confirmed, Florida delivery. Gives hope to the rest of us Floridians that our November and early December delivery dates are pretty accurate.

eh , I reserved 04/20/2010
order 07/28/2011
have a november 8th delivery week and my dealer was just invoiced yesterday

plenty of cars have come in around here and been delivered

and people who reserved 1.5 years after me will get cars in chicago with 2-3 weeks of me getting one..... oh well what can you do

I'm just glad the wait is almost over

I am guessing it will drop at my dealer today saturday or monday at latest

rslatkin said:
I still have a "Month of November 2011" and no VIN here in Georgia at Nalley Nissan. I'm really frustrated that people who ordered after me are getting their cars already.
At least your car is coming soon. I am a 2010 reservation who is still waiting to order.

My delivery date has now slipped from week of Dec 9 to week of Dec 12. Curses! :cool:

I actually didn't expect it until January, so I'm not that bummed. Prepare for the worst, that way you're never disappointed. ;)

Reserved 4/20/2010
Ordered 7/30/2011
Darcars Nissan, Rockville, MD
Silver SL

rumpole said:
My delivery date has now slipped from week of Dec 9 to week of Dec 12. Curses! :cool:

That sort of makes sense. They'll be dropping mine off at Jacksonville sometime <December 8th, and continue on to Norfolk to deliver yours. What I can't believe is how much sooner you ordered than me, yet I'll have mine before you. :eek:

Still no show on my car !
with a "week of the 8th" delivery

dealer was invoiced last week

many others who ordered at the same time as me have their cars now

not the dealers fault at all, just maybe luck of the draw on getting it trucked to the dealer from port, my car must have been in the port early and stuck in the back corner!

I will be asking em to check it for seaweed, maybe they floated it from norfolk to salisbury!

oh well

Oh, Kevin, you are funny!

Anyway, hope it shows soon and you can bring it to our first Capital LEAFs meeting! Since you're coming from out west, I wonder if we should hold it in Chantilly?

Chantilly I can make it. much further east ? I dont think so ....

that is assuming they get my car at some point and it isnt lost, :roll: or misdelivered.... :?:

does that happen? :cry:

kmp647 said:
Chantilly I can make it. much further east ? I dont think so ....

that is assuming they get my car at some point and it isnt lost, :roll: or misdelivered.... :?:

does that happen? :cry:

Or missing its Zero-Emission Graphic :roll:

TimeHorse said:
Or missing its Zero-Emission Graphic :roll:

Did you get your Leaf ?

Anyway, time to change the signature !

All I want for Christmas 2010 is to order a LEAF... Bzzt!
All I want for Christmas 2011 is to buy my own LEAF... Bzzt!
All I want for Easter 2012 is to order a LEAF...
Leader among the Eye-Poked 8

TimeHorse said:
Congratulations on being the second EVA/DC member to own a LEAF
Thanks, and congratulations on your own purchase! You must be thrilled to finally give that Clipper Creek a workout.

Any other Tier 2 deliveries lately? Haven't heard much in several days.

Looks like we may have the first, confirmed, South Florida delivery. Maroone Nissan of Miami shows a Glacier Pearl SL (VIN #15108) "In Stock", instead of having an "est. arrival" date. If it hasn't been orphaned, it should drop off AutoNation's web site inventory list pretty quickly.

Go to http://www.autonation.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and click on the "Find a NEW CAR" tab at the upper left. Then, select the make and model. You'll get a list of a lot of 2011 demos. Narrow your search results by year by just selecting the 2012s.

cool!

Is there anyone who's delivery date or week of date has passed and still no word from the dealer on your car?

Most who had a November 8th, or nov 7th week of date got cars already in Va and Md

and yet My week of is "nov 8th" and still no word :roll:

Back