Delivery of July/August 2011 orders (for MY 2012) Tier 2

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
omg. Nissan CS called and said that the delivery date is now Dec 9, (even though the web site says week of Dec 12. Maybe it takes time to update?) My wife took the call at home. She said they told her that they had delayed putting the car on the ship (sorry, didn't say which) due to a typhoon, so that's why the date slipped. (Originally my date was week of Nov. 14). I do seem to remember something about a typhoon in the Far East a while back.....

But, if they gave me the VIN, the car must be on shore in the US, right? I was expecting it on the Hoegh Trident, but that's currently bound for Galveston, I believe, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

However, I do have my VIN. :) What can I learn from it, again? And is it risky to put it on the forum?

The sequence number (last six digits) of your MY2012 VIN is, probably somewhere in the 15000s or 16000s.

VINs at the low end of the 15000s are already showing up at dealerships in states along the east coast. The 16000s should be delivered in December.

If your car had actually been delayed in getting loaded on a ship it might reveal some more details of when the VINs are assigned. If your VIN is in the low 15000s, it suggests the VIN is assigned before shipment. If your VIN is in the upper 15000s or 16000s, it suggests the VIN is assigned when the car arrives in the U.S.

Ouch

My car 15124 was supposed to be at the dealer days ago

Sales mgr had to call and get it trucked out, cs thought it was already at the store but they were wrong

They were very helpful , but looking at what should happen

What did happen,? Who knows, but the car should be dropped at my dealer tonight or very early tomorrow and they have promised to get it ready right away!

I should..... Have it by Friday!

Weatherman said:
The sequence number (last six digits) of your MY2012 VIN is, probably somewhere in the 15000s or 16000s.

VINs at the low end of the 15000s are already showing up at dealerships in states along the east coast. The 16000s should be delivered in December.

If your car had actually been delayed in getting loaded on a ship it might reveal some more details of when the VINs are assigned. If your VIN is in the low 15000s, it suggests the VIN is assigned before shipment. If your VIN is in the upper 15000s or 16000s, it suggests the VIN is assigned when the car arrives in the U.S.

I'm 15266, so it must have been assigned in Japan prior to loading. I do have a C model year, which is 2012, as expected.

kmp647 said:
Ouch

Sales mgr had to call and get it trucked out, cs thought it was already at the store but they were wrong

What did happen,? Who knows, but the car should be dropped at my dealer tonight or very early tomorrow and they have promised to get it ready right away!

Awesome! Your wait is almost over.

kmp647 said:
Ouch

Hooray! Looks like it will be out in time for the first Capital LEAF Owners meetup!

Jeffrey.

http://aecn.timehorse.com/2011/11/capital-area-nissan-leaf-owners-group.html
http://www.facebook.com/groups/213575042045201/
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/capital-leafs/

kmp647 said:
Got my Silver SL Leaf today!

11/11/11 !

Great day to get a Leaf (veterans day ) !!

Yes!! Can't wait to see it at Nissan of Chantilly for our first Capital LEAFs meetup!

Back