ebay Leaf with capacity loss

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highend

I just saw this LEAF:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ebaymotors/2011-NISSAN-LEAF-SL-E-ONE-OWNER-NAVIGATION-REAR-CAMERA-CARFAX-BUYBACK-GUARANTEE-/221212224250?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item338146aafa&forcev4exp=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Are there three capacity bars missing ? Can somebody confirm? It is in AZ, also seller doesn't say about capacity loss....

2D0C0F63-87B3-4DC9-8628-6381D6842E68_18_800600.jpg

definitelly 2 or 3 bars missing :(

I count seven white capacity bars and three charge bars above them. That's three bars lost counting from either end.

$17K is way too much, but if you can live with a 50 mile range you can probably get a battery repair under warranty within a year or so. It has 26k miles, but the warranty will be good to 5 yrs/60k, no?

Ray

The OP is in Poland. I guess he wants to get it shipped there and imported. Don't know how US Nissan warranties work there, if at all.

About a decade ago, I looked into buying a new Nissan from Canada when I lived in WA (and importing it into the US) when the exchange rate was better. It would've been a pain in the butt to get warranty work, apparently. IIRC, I would've had to pay out of pocket for any warranty work and file to get reimbursed.

I think it is down 4 capacity bars because it looks like it is only showing 10 or 11 SOC bars. When I get online with my laptop, I will attach a photo from a similar angle of the 12/10 bars on mine with a full charge. In some of the other photos, it also looks like the tires are due for replacement.

Gerry

GerryAZ said:
I think it is down 4 capacity bars because it looks like it is only showing 10 or 11 SOC bars. When I get online with my laptop, I will attach a photo from a similar angle of the 12/10 bars on mine with a full charge. In some of the other photos, it also looks like the tires are due for replacement.
Gerry

The tires definitely need replaced. They put some tire polish on the sidewalls them to make them look better, but it's so obvious to see the color difference.

cwerdna said:
The OP is in Poland. I guess he wants to get it shipped there and imported. Don't know how US Nissan warranties work there, if at all.
It looks like the ebay link for a UK link. So it might have already been shipped over to the UK?

gaswalla said:
The car is in Scottsale, AZ.. Has 26k mies. I pity the sucker that buys this.
Well, it all depends on the price. I pity someone who overpays and doesn't know about the capacity bars and capacity loss.

If it's got 3 or more bars of loss is under 5 years/60K miles, they can get the battery replaced, but it's what unclear the health of the replacement will be (yeah, yeah, I heard Andy Palmer's statements).

Hopefully whoever buys it does know, doesn't overpay, can get their battery replaced free, has modest range needs and doesn't live in a hot climate either.

Easiest thing to do is "ask a question" to the seller at the bottom and make them publicly reply. "How many capacity bars (small bars to the right of the range number) are there?"

EricBayArea said:
Easiest thing to do is "ask a question" to the seller at the bottom and make them publicly reply. "How many capacity bars (small bars to the right of the range number) are there?"

Or, to put it even more succinctly..."Of the 12 battery capacity bars (small bars to the right of the range number), how many are still there?" ;)

However, I'll lay odds they'll say 12. Either not knowing that you don't mean the charge level bars OR knowing full well that you don't mean the charge level bars. LOL! ;)

mwalsh said:
EricBayArea said:

Or, to put it even more succinctly..."Of the 12 battery capacity bars (small bars to the right of the range number), how many are still there?" ;)

However, I'll lay odds they'll say 12. Either not knowing that you don't mean the charge level bars OR knowing full well that you don't mean the charge level bars. LOL! ;)

I would contact the seller, provide a picture highlighting exactly what bars you want counted-- or better yet, photographed-- and hope for a speedy reply.

So it's in az but on ebay uk? Weird.

Look to be about three bars missing but you don't know for sure that is a 100% charge.

You can to be safe if you're worried call Nissan with the VIN and confirm that it has the battery warranty, then at least you'll never have less than 9 bars BUT as others have mentioned, be careful on the price on this. Resale on this is terrible, so make sure you don't overpay.

1932highboy said:
They finally replied and said they will charge it and let me know. Stay tuned.
Obviously they don't understand the question. You don't need to charge the battery to find out what the capacity level is. Just count the number of bars on the right hand side because it's independent from the battery SOC.

Volusiano said:
1932highboy said:
They finally replied and said they will charge it and let me know. Stay tuned.
Obviously they don't understand the question. You don't need to charge the battery to find out what the capacity level is. Just count the number of bars on the right hand side because it's independent from the battery SOC.
Yep. And, if they charge to 100% and let it sit there at that level, that'll only make things worse. :/
1932highboy said:
I told them that. They responded tonight,the car has 8 bars left.
Eek. Well, in theory, whenever Nissan finally puts that capacity warranty in place, the pack can get replaced in the US. Not clear what happens when made for US car leaves the country and needs warranty work.

Back