EVSE Home Assessment Scheduling is Live!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:D I also have it!

Has anyone called ? "*AeroVironment Inc. is the Nissan recommended partner certified to conduct the assessment and install the home charging dock for the Nissan LEAF. You are under no obligation to use AeroVironment Inc. in this capacity. Should you elect to use an alternate installer, please call 1-877-NO-GAS-EV." Before I do anything I want to make sure I am going to get the care by the end of the year for all rebates.

Sigh, first day sign-up, in a roll-out, EV Project area (San Diego). Hasn't shown up for me yet.

Nissan on their Leaf Facebook page:

"Today Nissan’s partner, AeroVironment, will begin in-home charging dock assessment scheduling for select markets via an email notification from Nissan. Additional information will be sent out June 30th. Stay tuned!"

Supposedly appointments were set to begin from July 1st onwards. Yet the first date available to me was Monday the 19th. Does anyone have an appointment earlier than that?

May be it is showing up for people in rollout states - but not in areas eligible for EV project ?

evnow said:
Clippy said:
I guess this means I have to have the back yard mowed by July 19th. I'll get right on it.

C'mmon - no need to move the whole back yard. Just a couple of runs to make a path ...

You're right. I don't want the neighbors to think this will be a regularly scheduled event.

I have a recent panel upgrade and a new 200A drop. There's a 60A sub in my garage, so he'll have some options. Seems a real shame to have a 30A dryer circuit just sitting there, unused except for about five loads a week. But they're the folks with the car and the "range anxiety" badmouthing fears.

bradford said:
wappingers falls, new york here...
no sign of being able to schedule an electrical evauation on my account yet :(

don't worry, nothing in Boston either. Don't hold your breath, I have heard "2nd half of 2011" from my local Nissan dealers. I am upgrading my main service and running a new 100A line to the garage already, no point in waiting to hear their over priced quotes.

Went to my Nissan account and scheduled appointment for July.

No email received yet, but thanks for the info about going to the Nissan account, guys.

Irvine, Orange County, California.

Clippy said:
Interesting to note that you can roll the cost of this into the purchase or lease agreement of the car.

How will that work? Are there any details? I would assume that you don't get the charger before the car if you do that...

Have assessment in North Los Angeles scheduled for July 1. But no email confirmation yet. I was in the MINI E program and this is the hardest part to get through. EVSE install is regulated by local building codes. Many of the early MINI E "pioneers" waited weeks for the permitting process to be able to use their chargers. Aerovironment will get pressure from Nissan to make sure this happens in a timely manner at reasonable cost. We are their big customer. If you go to Clipper Creek, Coulomb, etc, there is no pricing leverage. Clipper Creek was talking about ~$3,000 for just the J1772 compatible EVSE box, uninstalled.

Bicster said:
Clippy said:
Interesting to note that you can roll the cost of this into the purchase or lease agreement of the car.

How will that work? Are there any details? I would assume that you don't get the charger before the car if you do that...

No details just:

step 2 - purchase*

after you've received your home charging dock installation quote, it's time to decide on a payment method. you have three options to choose from:

1. pay AeroVironment Inc. in full. you can do this anytime after you've ordered your Nissan LEAF
2. Include the price in your Nissan LEAF retail installment loan
3. include the cost in your Nissan LEAF lease

I guess in time a J1772 box will go for $200 or so, un-installed of course.

I'm still tempted to buy a copy of the spec and start an open source hardware project.

Clippy said:
after you've received your home charging dock installation quote, it's time to decide on a payment method. you have three options to choose from:

1. pay AeroVironment Inc. in full. you can do this anytime after you've ordered your Nissan LEAF

Great, that answers some questions!

I'll choose #1 if there's any chance I can get my EVSE in 2010.

Bicster said:
Clippy said:

Great, that answers some questions!

I'll choose #1 if there's any chance I can get my EVSE in 2010.

This is also interesting. It makes it sound as though a dedicated 120v circuit would be OK. (lower case, theirs, bold type mine)

Q:do i have to install a home charging dock to charge my car at home?

A: there are two options for home charging:

"opportunity charging" is accomplished with the Nissan LEAF home charging dock, which requires a 240V dedicated circuit and is designed for a full charge within eight hours under normal circumstances. we call this "opportunity" charging because you will probably use the home charging dock while engaged in other at-home activities such as sleeping, enjoying dinner, or watching TV. remember, you won't need a full charge from 0 to 100% every time. you may get into the habit of charging opportunistically whenever your Nissan LEAF is at a half "tank," low, or nearly full, just because it's easy.

"trickle charging" describes the process of plugging your EV into a regular 120V wall socket and "trickle" charging your car in emergency situations, when a more practical charging regimen isn't available. your Nissan LEAF comes equipped with trickle charging equipment, but a full charge will likely take about twenty hours and may require a dedicated "plug" to be installed in your garage.

Clippy said:
This is also interesting. It makes it sound as though a dedicated 120v circuit would be OK. (lower case, theirs, bold type mine)

Clippy, that's nothing new; the car comes with the 120V charger. It consumes about 12 amps and won't require a dedicated circuit, although any other significant load on the circuit will trip the breaker. If you drive only short distances it might be all you need.

Mine is scheduled July 1 between 0800 and 1200.

I have confirmation email from Nissan, second email from Nissan identifying the electrician contractor, and a phone call from the contractor confirming date, time and getting my email info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back