Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brightonuk said:
please tell me other are as frustrated as me or am I being unreasonable.

Not at all. The whole thing is a joke.

I'm teetering on the edge of walking away, too, but that's mainly because I have a low-milage, five-year-old Prius, in perfect working order, which was paid for, in full, when I bought it.

When you see Fontana Nissan offering 2012 LEAFs for $1,000 off MSRP, it makes you wonder. Is it really worth it to pay full price, plus the ridiculous dealer service fee (hard coded on your invoice, no less), just to be one of the first dozen or so Florida residents to own a LEAF? A LEAF with a "cold weather package"? Definitely a real important feature, given today’s high was 83 degrees.

What makes sense is to wait for another nine months, or so, for South Florida dealers to realize that over half of the 2012 LEAFs, which were ordered, have been orphaned and South Florida residents just don't want to buy a small, very expensive, limited-range vehicle with heated seats, a heated steering wheel, and a quick-charge port that will never be used because no one will be installing quick chargers anywhere within 200 miles of where they live for the next twenty years.

My estimated delivery date changed from week of November 25th to "pending". I doubt this is a good sign. Wasn't "pending" the message prior to "week of"?

BrainDonor said:
My estimated delivery date changed from week of November 25th to "pending". I doubt this is a good sign.

That's shorthand for:

"We have no idea where your car disappeared to, but we think it may have fallen off the ship and is 10,000 down on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.

Sorry about that.

How about a nice, pre-owned Versa? We got a lot of those. You can drive one home today!"

j/k ;) maybe.

evenoelle said:
spike09 said:
Here is the breakdown

$37,250.00 - MSRP
$850.00 - Nissan Destination Charge
$170.00 - Floormats
$599.00 - Dealer Service Fee
$6.50 - Battery Disposal Fee
$2,382.53 - 6% Florida Tax
$50 - Dade County Tax
$250.00 - Tag & Title
$2.00 - Lemon Law Fee

Grand Total $41,510.03

Interesting. Way back when I thought it was you who had negotiated with BS Nissan to get the dealer fee waived. That's how I got them to waive mine and I made them put it in writing. Of course they gave me a quote of $400 for the Tag & Title but that is a whole other story.

Interesting about the trade-in too. I hope they don't screw me about mine too. My Lexus is 10 years old.

Yes I thought they were not going to charge me the dealer service fee either but I never got it in writing. All I have is verbal commitment over the phone from the GM to discuss it. When I finally meet him in person I will ask him to remove it. I will mention that you got your fee waived!

Until Florida passes a law capping dealer service fees they will charge as much as they can get. I wait in anticipation for the day we are allowed to buy cars directly from the manufacturer.

The Hoegh Trident delivered Leafs at port of Jacksonville on Nov 14th. I was delivery for week of Nov 25th and was bumped to week of Dec 1st. I am sure they are going to try and bust their butts to get them all delivered be for the end of Dec. I as other's are a little pissed off with the lack of Nissan CS not having any two people give the same answer to a question, the constant moving up and down of delivery dates, and the fact they did add all the options onto the SL and no ala carte menu for them. I intend to let them know with all those Nissan phone calls, emails, a survey's they send wanting comments. I too have decided if it doesn't show before end of Dec I am walking away as well. Price over agravation not worth it. I am sure the 2013 will have longer range, and lower price due them going back to ala carte menu on options.

Imagine if everyone who has a Leaf on order in Florida that has been bumped called their respective dealerships an cancelled
I bet that woul get a reaction

You know, if Weston Nissan would just offer me Kelly Blue Book trade-in value for my Prius (without the b.s. about how Kelly Blue Book is always way too high, since the CarMax appraisal already proves that it's not), and ask MSRP + destination for the LEAF (like was originally agreed to, without the surprise tacking on of the dealer service fee), the whole deal could be wrapped up in a flash.

They would make a nice profit, I'd be satisfied with the deal, and I would sing their praises as a fair dealer and recommend everyone buy a LEAF from them.

But, will this happen?

What's that saying about how if wishes were horses, beggars would ride?

I have a friend who lives in Florida and he went through the same crap. Even though he had an early reservation, he ultimately walked way and bought a Prius instead from a dealer who gave him $4K more for his trade-in than the Nissan dealer would, and sold him the car at a $1K discount. It's unlikely that Nissan will ever get him back.

I see that several deliveries in Florida moved to Dec 1st as has mine in Duluth Ga. It appears that from what I have found out is the car is at the port, but will not be released to be shipped to dealer till 11/29. Could be customs holding it up, could be Nissan. I am not happy with it taking that long to get out of port, I have a relative that works in New Car sales and said that this is not normal to have it delivered at port on 11/14 then not shipped to dealer for delivery for 15 days must be an issue at the port, don't know but someone does.

Leaftogo1 said:
I see that several deliveries in Florida moved to Dec 1st as has mine in Duluth Ga. It appears that from what I have found out is the car is at the port, but will not be released to be shipped to dealer till 11/29. Could be customs holding it up, could be Nissan. I am not happy with it taking that long to get out of port, I have a relative that works in New Car sales and said that this is not normal to have it delivered at port on 11/14 then not shipped to dealer for delivery for 15 days must be an issue at the port, don't know but someone does.

Mine just moved to Dec 1st as well.

Apparently there is some movement on deliveries (even during this quiet Thanksgiving week).

Checking AutoNation's inventory list this morning, VIN# 15167 just became "In Stock" in Ft. Lauderdale, and VIN #15311 just became "In Stock" in Marietta, GA.

I'm never sure how to interpret AutoNation's advertised discounts, but they have VIN #15167 offered for a tiny $250 discount. Either this is because it has been orphaned (which wouldn't surprise me, given how badly the delivery on that low 15000s VIN car was delayed) and is available to anyone, or it's just another AutoNation tactic to get you to call in only to be told that the car you are looking at is not for sale.

Weatherman said:
Brightonuk said:
please tell me other are as frustrated as me or am I being unreasonable.

Not at all. The whole thing is a joke.

I'm teetering on the edge of walking away, too, but that's mainly because I have a low-milage, five-year-old Prius, in perfect working order, which was paid for, in full, when I bought it.

When you see Fontana Nissan offering 2012 LEAFs for $1,000 off MSRP, it makes you wonder. Is it really worth it to pay full price, plus the ridiculous dealer service fee (hard coded on your invoice, no less), just to be one of the first dozen or so Florida residents to own a LEAF? A LEAF with a "cold weather package"? Definitely a real important feature, given today’s high was 83 degrees.

What makes sense is to wait for another nine months, or so, for South Florida dealers to realize that over half of the 2012 LEAFs, which were ordered, have been orphaned and South Florida residents just don't want to buy a small, very expensive, limited-range vehicle with heated seats, a heated steering wheel, and a quick-charge port that will never be used because no one will be installing quick chargers anywhere within 200 miles of where they live for the next twenty years.

I purchased a Honda Insight hybride in 2000. It was one of the first on the east coast. After waiting for two years to get the car the dealer wanted to tack on $2,500 over List price. I walked away from the dealer. The next day the dealer called me and was willing to sell the insght to me at list. I purchased the car but did pay a service fee of $200.00.

My Leaf dealer wants to charge a $500.00 service fee. My negoitiation position will be not to pay the fee or get it reduced, however I have waited almost two years to get a Leaf and I am not going to let $500 stand in my way.

BarryE

One more comment about price.

I spend a lot of time building electric bicycles and motorcycles so that I could learn enough about EV’s to build an electric car. Based on my experience the Leaf is a bargain.

I could not build an electric car that would come close the sophistication of the Leaf for twice the price I am paying for the leaf.

BarryE

BarryE said:
My Leaf dealer wants to charge a $500.00 service fee. My negoitiation position will be not to pay the fee or get it reduced, however I have waited almost two years to get a Leaf and I am not going to let $500 stand in my way.

I would agree with you if this were any other car that any of us were able to negotiate the price on. But these cars are being sold at MSRP (except the lucky ones in CA who have been managing to get $1,000 off) which is absolutely unheard of in car buying. I started driving when I was 16 years old and except for this last car, I have bought a new car every 4 or 5 years. I've never paid even close to MSRP. I don't feel bad for the Nissan dealers not getting their measly $599 (or whatever it is) dealer fee because at MSRP I am certain that they aren't leaving this transaction with empty pockets. This car is going to cost almost $5,000 more than my Lexus SUV!

As for the wait and the delays - it's frustrating but you know....even the Californians went through this.

I'd, actually, be ok with the dealer service fee, if my dealer had provided any service.

I don't think I've mentioned this before, but at the end of October I wrote a long note to the General Sales Manager of Weston Nissan complaining about the poor service I was getting from the sales reps (Eddie Sosa and Larry Hering). It was the first time I've ever done something like that. In the past, if I was ever that unhappy with how I was treated by a car dealer I'd just walk away, but it's tough to walk away when one is already two months into a special order process.

So, as far as I'm concerned, they don't deserve a dealer service fee, simply due to poor service.

Unless they can pull off a miraculous, no fuss and no haggle deal on delivery day, my recommendation for anyone in South Florida considering buying a Nissan, of any type, is to stay away from Weston Nissan.

BrainDonor said:
My estimated delivery date changed from week of November 25th to "pending". I doubt this is a good sign. Wasn't "pending" the message prior to "week of"?
An update on my situation... I called CS. They said it was unusual and they'll investigate. I also called my dealer who said the same thing. Furthermore, he said he had two other deliveries scheduled for the same time which got pushed back a week. Then yesterday the CS called back to say that the dealer had to submit some paperwork, which was completed later yesterday, and that I should see an update in the dashboard in the next two days. This morning my dashboard was updated to week of November 25th (the original date) and I was able to register with Carwings. Yipeee! :D

BrainDonor said:
This morning my dashboard was updated to week of November 25th (the original date) and I was able to register with Carwings. Yipeee! :D

Which dealer are you working with?

And, what is your VIN (15300s, 15400s, etc)?

Just been told that the ship with my Leaf (Delivery Dec 10) Docked today :eek:

I was not given any other information than that so take it with a pinch of salt.

Anyone know if any ships are docking today for the East coast?

Weatherman said:
BrainDonor said:
This morning my dashboard was updated to week of November 25th (the original date) and I was able to register with Carwings. Yipeee! :D

Which dealer are you working with?

And, what is your VIN (15300s, 15400s, etc)?
When I registered with Carwings, I saw the entire VIN. However, I did not write down the last few digits, assuming I'll be able to get to it later. Then once I registered I get the "Welcome, you do not have any vehicles currently active..."message so I can't get the VIN. I left a voice message with my dealer and, not surprising, he hasn't returned my call.

My dealer is Maroone in Delray.

Back