Ford Focus EV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LeafinThePark said:
Wondering if anyone knows if both cars would use the same charging system? Or is this something we just do not know at this point? I would rather not wait to pick the car before I get my garage ready.
Both will use J-1772. Focus won't have the fast charge port that Leaf has (I guess).

ps : I don't take any launch information serious until a month and price is announced - along with information about reservation / ordering. Until then, there isn't much commitment from the manufacturer.

evnow said:
Both will use J-1772. Focus won't have the fast charge port that Leaf has (I guess).

No quick charge on the Focus? Will any other electric cars have the quick charge? OR why did I go with the the quick charge option if the level 3 ESVEs are so expensive - who's going to install them?? Now I'm thinking I was crazy to believe there would be any L3s in Texas and I made a mistake about the quick charge option. :cry:

ecoobsessive said:
No quick charge on the Focus? Will any other electric cars have the quick charge? OR why did I go with the the quick charge option if the level 3 ESVEs are so expensive - who's going to install them?? Now I'm thinking I was crazy to believe there would be any L3s in Texas and I made a mistake about the quick charge option. :cry:
Checkout the various long threads we have had on L3 ....

ecoobsessive said:
evnow said:

My guess is that Leaf will set the standard, as Leaf will be the first to accommodate quick charge with a substantial number of cars. Sure, the US will always try to be different, but official "standards" are often disregarded if they come forward after a de facto standard has been established. See TCP/IP for example.

Ford EV will debut in the CES '11 this week.

http://green.autoblog.com/2011/01/03/ford-focus-electric-ces-debut/

electric-focus-630.jpg

Mullaly will be giving a keynote. They will probably unviel both Focus EV and the Escape PHEV.

http://www.facebook.com/nissanleaf#!/FordElectricVehicles

I'll be flying in to Las Vegas tomorrow morning for CES and flying home late Friday. The Ford Focus will definitely be one I check out at the show for sure! :D

That's a nice looking car, but the sloped roofline looks like anyone over 5' will hit their head. It might just be the angle of the picture though.

It is same as the focuc hatch 2012 ICE. Rear head room is actually quite good - an inch more than Leaf.

96d3400083e44254ae64bcfabb010033.jpg

New Focus is a nice looking car! Big improvement over current model. Looks better than the Leaf. Still, I trust Nissan to get it right more than Ford. I think this project is an after-thought for them.

SteveInSeattle said:
New Focus is a nice looking car! Big improvement over current model. Looks better than the Leaf. Still, I trust Nissan to get it right more than Ford. I think this project is an after-thought for them.

Yup! As long as American Auto Execs and Oil execs are the same people, it is best to steer clear. I wish U.S. auto manufacturers all the best but only Tesla is independent of the Oil Industry.

SteveInSeattle said:
Yes, an afterthought. Infact, Magna took a focus and converted it. It came out so well, Ford decided to productionize it. So all the draive train is actually made by Magna.

The hatch has a European look, rather than American. Ford is also bringing over the European look to its new Escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back