Greetings and thanks for a long time lurker on these boards

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j5hale3

Hi Everyone,

I do love my leaf, we are perfectly matched for each other. My commute is 5 miles each way including a slight detour to drop off and pick-up my kids from school. I also have the ability to charge at work when needed.

I'd like to thank all the great contributors here.

Phil/Ingineer for the ESVE upgrade. This upgrade should be considered as standard equipment for the Leaf. Phil was able to turnaround my order in one day (just before his vacation).

TonyWilliams for developing the range chart. and nr56/Nikolaqy Shishkov for putting the range chart into an easy to use app.

Turbo3 for developing the leaf spy pro. I was looking for this type of device and love how this one works with a Blue Tooth Phone. I am not mechanically/technically inclined to install neatly the other devices.

Bill Davis/Electric4Me for the hitch (looking for help to install once I get it)

I'm also looking into getting the horn mod (Lasareath/Sal, know anyone available in Central NJ? - Dunellen/Middlesex County)

Lasareath for posting a pic of the street strider. I looked into it and finally bought one for the whole family. They arrived the week after the DST to regular time change so we haven't gotten much use out of the yet, but my oldest son has conquered it.

Some comments from other threads (in no particular order)

Overall I love the leaf. It was a big step up in luxury for me. My last car was a 1998 Saturn wagon with a cassette player and our second car was a 2002 Saturn with a CD player. So for me most of the price premium mentally falls into the upgrades in luxury from our previous cars.

In general I do not suffer from the range anxiety due to my very short daily drives and low annual mileage (2002 has around 60K miles).

I wish the car was more programmable. I would prefer if the gear selector was reversed, Push forward to go forward, pull back to go backwards. I noted in that thread someone posted the standard diagram for automatic cars. But for the leaf, Park is in the "middle of the stack" so that diagram is obsolete for this car. I wish we could select B mode to be the first selection as I tend to always drive in that mode. I also wish the main screen had an option to select what displays at start-up. I prefer to view the energy screen the most. I transferred my Magellan GPS to the car since it had all my destinations already programmed, free maps and traffic upgrades for life.

Speaking of programming, Turbo3, could you add a tone to the breaking/motor screen to give an audio cue to the number of power bubbles/regen bubbles? I would use this as a training tool to reduce my use of power during accel. It would have to be user settable, for I'm sure that about 50% (or more) would not want it. Just a thought.

Once again, Thank you all for providing such great info.

Joe Hale

Hey Joe!

I used to work in Dunellen a long time ago!

Too bad you didn't contact me before getting the StreetStriders, I'm a StreetTeam member and have a discount code :|

I can help you with the horn mod, Not really into climbing under the car when it's 28 degrees out though.

Unless you have a Garage?

It's easier to do if you drive the Leaf up onto some ramps. I have a pair. Let me know....

Sal

j5hale3 said:
I'm also looking into getting the horn mod (Lasareath/Sal, know anyone available in Central NJ? - Dunellen/Middlesex County)

Lasareath for posting a pic of the street strider. I looked into it and finally bought one for the whole family. They arrived the week after the DST to regular time change so we haven't gotten much use out of the yet, but my oldest son has conquered it.

Joe Hale

Back