Hello from Santa Barbara

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dealer selection was not working just now.

I see some "fine print" on the final Reservation page: (Bold is my highlighting)

"Excludes tax, title and license. Initially available through online reservation process. Orders through dealers commencing in August (in limited areas) and sales by dealer commences in December 2010. LEASE payment of $379/mo. is an example of an offer if vehicle were sold in April 2010. The actual lease offer for NMAC (“NILT”) will be announced in December 2010 when sales commence. Subject to change. Limited quantities available in select markets and states through online reservation system. Increased availability in Spring 2011 with full market rollout through 2012. At start of sale, one order per household address until availability increases. Taxpayer must incur federal tax liability to receive full benefits. Consult your tax professional.

1 Estimated monthly payment based on proposed offer subject to change at start of sale. Estimates include assumed residual, money factor, and acquisition fee amounts. Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation (includes $1,620 down payment and $379 first month payment). 2011 LEAF SL subject to availability to well qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT ("NILT"). Subject to credit approval. Based upon $33,720 MSRP plus $820 destination charge. Adjusted Net capitalized cost of $25,521 includes $7,500 manufacturer incentive for federal tax credit available to NILT by law, and $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $13,644. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repair. Lease payment excludes the cost of the EVSE/charging dock charging equipment. Security deposit not required. Disposition fee due at termination of lease term. See participating dealer for details. Finalized lease terms available to be set upon start of sale."

$850 destination fee
What is the "non-refundable acquisition fee"?

Selecting dealers seems to work for 92037 but is "not available" for 92653.

Also, one can select only ONE dealer to "contact you".
And, you do not have to uncheck anything, it does that (too much) for you.

This, I would think, would be a very important consideration to get figured out.
The dealerships are, no doubt, going to have to prioritize their deliveries.
Who is going to get the first one, second one, third one...etc.
How are they going to do this?

Here is another idea to bring up here.

If Santa Barbara Nissan has 60 preferred customers in August and Team Nissan in Oxnard, our closest competitor (400 car inventory to our 200), has only 30.
Will Nissan give more vehicles to Santa Barbara Nissan, than it would have if the numbers were reversed?

garygid said:
Any words of info from the AV guy?
AV Lady...Terri Pollino, came with a guy from SolarCity, installer.
Not much info, very quick.
We ARE in the first group..
No bids have gone out yet for the installations.
She's handled 20+ dealerships in SoCal so far.

Level three charger cost around 30k before intstall.

Ya know? Scarey how little info is available

SBNissanLeaf said:
You guys all have made your reservations, but are not getting in line.

What do you mean we are not getting in line? I just select my local dealer is that what you mean thanks

Right, if there is something else we need to do to be "early" in line (with a 20 April Reservation, for example), nobody has told us what it is.

What is needed for this "getting in line"?

We do not know which (more-or-less local) dealer to choose, because we do not know the prices.

Also, we do not know which dealer will have LEAFs allocated, or when, or what "position" we will be in that dealer's queue.

So far, we are told "more info 30 June" and "deal with dealers" in August.

I think and I could be wrong. If your on the list then you can go to any dealer and order it then it will be delivered to that dealer.

Your not committing to a price yet, or even committing to the dealership.
Only getting a spot in line at a particular dealership.
You will have to ask the dealership if you are on their list.
I don't know how this is done.
Once you know a dealership knows you exist,
then ask them where you stand.

For example...mwalsh somehow, ask him, got himself on our list.
If I can sell a Leaf to someone as far from our dealership as he is,
then he WILL receive one of the Leaf's in our first month's allocation.
As I have promised to many, he will NOT pay over MSRP.

Our list, or our waiting list, holds positions in line for the customers who have placed themselves there.

mwalsh said:
SBNissanLeaf said:

Glad to be on your list! But not sure at all what mechanism put me on it, so I don't know how helpful I can be.
You are under no obligation to purchase from Santa Barbara Nissan...yet. You are on our waiting list.
Now...if only YOU could tell everyone else what you did, that might prove to be very helpful.

I am thinking that just as Nissan has used all your configuration information to aid in the product development that is currently ongoing.
They would do the same with your dealership selecting, possibly allocating to the dealerships as the traffic goes.

SBNissanLeaf said:
Now...if only YOU could tell everyone else what you did, that might prove to be very helpful.

I quite literally have no idea.

Originally I had Garden Grove Nissan (the one down the street from my house) as my preferred dealer and Santa Barbara Nissan as a dealer who could contact me.

Then, remember, I said to you that I had changed you to be my preferred dealer.

You admonished me not to, since you might not be able to accommodate the purchase due to geographical restrictions.

So I changed it right back to the way it was.

This all happened within a matter of a few minutes, the afternoon before you were due to receive the spreadsheet.

So I am either on your list because the spreadsheet you received happened to be generated during the few minutes that you were my preferred dealer, or I am on your list because when the spreadsheet was generated you were authorized to make contact.

I guess things may become clearer when I go to see the folks at Garden Grove Nissan again and see if I'm on their list at all (if they're even clued in to the fact that they were supposed to have received one!).

SBNissanLeaf said:
mwalsh said:
SBNissanLeaf said:

Glad to be on your list! But not sure at all what mechanism put me on it, so I don't know how helpful I can be.
You are under no obligation to purchase from Santa Barbara Nissan...yet. You are on our waiting list.
SB I signed up on a dealer near my house. Now, how does that affect my place in line. If others signed up before me to the dealer but I signed up on Nissans web site first. I am I before the guy who signed up at the dealer?

Back