How are you going to survive your order month?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol!!
Well i guess i am already prepared. Every summer we Turn off cable and internet Because we are away from home So much.

She will turn it back on In october when we return From disneyland. So my entire connectivity Is through my Droid x Which i have with me 20 47. So i will see ready for the e mail when is it arrives which is a good thing sent it should be herewithin the next 7 days!!

Sent from droid X

indyflick said:
mitch672 said:
Really, I wouldn't worry about it much, it's just a car
Hang on.... I thought I was buying a "lifestyle"! :shock:

Hardly. Gets you from point A to point B
I've driven Priu since 2002, already done quite a bit to lower oil use, next step is converting it to a PHEV

mwalsh said:
Boomer23 said:
I envy August People, as I call them, because, if Nissan is true to their word, these People only have about a week to watch their email obsessively.

Just confirmed it with my PD....Friday is the day!

Your killing me. I'm an August person and I'll be camping this Friday. I'm going to have to bring the laptop and Data card and pray for coverage or at least drive around the island (Lopez) looking for it.

L
mitch672 said:
indyflick said:
mitch672 said:
Really, I wouldn't worry about it much, it's just a car
Hang on.... I thought I was buying a "lifestyle"! :shock:

Hardly. Gets you from point A to point B
I've driven Priu since 2002, already done quite a bit to lower oil use, next step is converting it to a PHEV

That is 1 way To look at it.

I have a different perspective. To me it is a lifestyle choice. I bought the prius Because i could not afford not to which is the same reason i am buying the Leaf. I Might not have The lowest income of anyone On the site but i *know* i am close to the bottom.

And i talked and co workers Everyday who Feel that they cannot afford To buy a prius Or an EV Wow they complain About buying Gas.

So you see It is a lifestyle choice. I choose to spend extra money To reduce my carbon footprint. I sure as hell Don't do it because I can afford to spend an extra 30,000 dollars.

Not sure how I'm going to survive the month of September. I really wish we new when in the month the order window will be made available. Is it going to be a single day for all of the September orders or will it be spread out through the whole month?

jrhubott said:
Not sure how I'm going to survive the month of September. I really wish we new when in the month the order window will be made available. Is it going to be a single day for all of the September orders or will it be spread out through the whole month?

Here's my theory: The 5 rollout states (in the EV Project area) can order Aug. 27/Sept.2. HI/TX can order late Sept. The 5 rollout states will get their cars delivered in Dec.

4867621962_562ac36e78.jpg

indyflick said:
SeattleBlueLeaf said:
Your killing me. I'm an August person and I'll be camping this Friday. I'm going to have to bring the laptop and Data card and pray for coverage or at least drive around the island (Lopez) looking for it.
Here ya go. CNET list of 32 free WiFi hotspots on Lopez Island, WA.

I spent 3 days on neighboring San Juan Island in early August and the WiFi experience was dreadful. In the late afternoon and early evening, delays were horrendous. The front desk people at the Best Western said that the whole island was suffering from slow service due to heavy usage, and that something was in the works to improve it.

I hope your experience on Lopez is better.

Boomer23 said:
I know that I'm going to be on my email, clicking "Send-Receive" constantly, beginning September 1. I will only leave my computer for short periods relating to personal comfort, and I'll consume all meals at my desk.

Well, it has already begun, as I expected. I really had to think hard this morning whether to join my wife for a trip to the gym or to sit watching my Nissan dashboard for a glimmer of hope. I'm glad I chose the gym. This could get ugly.

In all humor, there is truth.

Boomer23 said:
I know that I'm going to be on my email, clicking "Send-Receive" constantly, beginning September 1. I will only leave my computer for short periods relating to personal comfort, and I'll consume all meals at my desk.

Here's a handy hint....if you have a laptop and wi-fi, you can take it to the bathroom with you. Well, at least for number 2s. Though if you put a shelf up, or sit like a girl..... :D

mwalsh said:
Here's a handy hint....if you have a laptop and wi-fi, you can take it to the bathroom with you. Well, at least for number 2s. Though if you put a shelf up, or sit like a girl..... :D

Is this from personal experience, Michael? I read that you were physically ill yesterday. Glad you're feeling better. Of all of the folks on this forum, I think that you deserved to order in August, because I think a September order would have put you in the hospital.

By the way, when we eventually meet up with our Leafs at an Orange County gathering, please don't bring that particular laptop. :lol:

Back