I plan on going 200 miles or more Sat/Sun. (updated)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also mention to the merchants that you shop with, that you are there because of the charging infrastructure the area has. Maybe more will be installed.

Phatcat73 said:
You should be ok w 4 chargers in the town. Make sure you have the charpepoint app installed. It'll at least let you know if any are occupied.

Also be sure to give grandma $10 for fuel money. :D

$10 is a little high, Grandma might get the wrong idea that the Leaf costs that much to charge. If you know the cost per kwh for their location (easy enough to find) pay them that plus enough to cover tax. For example, our parents are at a location that charges about 7 cents a kWh, so we tell them it costs them about 15 cents per hour to charge at 1500watts. Ten hours, a buck fifty, not a ten spot. Then the light bulb goes on, "you can drive all that way for $1.50?"

My wife was in an accident in the Leaf yesterday (nobody hurt), crushed the back passenger side door, and broke the window. Now we get to see how long it takes to remove the batteries and paint the Leaf. Yipee.

CMYK4Life said:
Later that night, once the little guy was in bed, we drove 18 miles or so (round trip) to the local bar that had live music (no charging). Home by midnight; level 1 charging.
Hey, I don't remember authorizing that :lol:

Back