ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GRA said:
OTOH, some handicapped spaces have Blinks positioned exactly like that one is, facing away from the space, and with 'Do Not Block' striping between that space and the ones to one or both sides, just as shown in the photo.
Yeah, looks like this is a ADA parking spot - no problem parking there and not charging if you are ADA qualified - also looks like the other ADA spots are full.

No this trumps all previous pictures posted on "The Wall of Shame."

Whole Foods Market, Northbrook, IL

What happened to "Environmentally Friendly?"

Perhaps a "New Game in Town?"

Attachments

• Whole Dumb 2.jpg
    Whole Dumb 2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 196
  • Whole Dumb.jpg
    Whole Dumb.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 196
Of the 50 or so parking places in this community parking lot, there were only 6 vehicles. Four of the 6 were blocking access to the EV stations.

I am wondering why they choose to park there.

Might it be:

A. They can't read?
B. They don't care?
C. They have too much money and would rather get a ticket than donate it to a worthy charity?
D. They like bucking the system, each time feeling like a winner when they don't get a ticket.?
E. They are rebels.."with a cause..to kill the electric car.?"
F. All of the above and then some.

How do you vote?

Attachments

• Blocked Stations.jpg
    Blocked Stations.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 166
  • More of the Same.jpg
    More of the Same.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 166
greengate said:
A. They can't read?
B. They don't care?
C. They have too much money and would rather get a ticket than donate it to a worthy charity?
D. They like bucking the system, each time feeling like a winner when they don't get a ticket.?
Probably some combination. I've started paying attention to handicapped spots and I often see people parking there without any sort of license plate or mirror-hanging identification. I never paid attention before since I never had any reason to want to park there. I would imagine the people that park in handicapped spots know it is wrong, but probably know nothing is likely to happen.

adric22 said:
greengate said:
A. They can't read?
B. They don't care?
Probably some combination. I've started paying attention to handicapped spots and I often see people parking there without any sort of license plate or mirror-hanging identification. I never paid attention before since I never had any reason to want to park there. I would imagine the people that park in handicapped spots know it is wrong, but probably know nothing is likely to happen.

Sad commentary on our culture isn't it. :(

greengate said:
Might it be:

A. They can't read?
B. They don't care?

How do you vote?
I'll bet it is because those parking spaces are the closest open spots to the stores they shopping in.

jhm614 said:
greengate said:
Might it be:

A. They can't read?
B. They don't care?

How do you vote?
I'll bet it is because those parking spaces are the closest open spots to the stores they shopping in.

I think you are onto something there.

Closer the better.

Attachments

• fat-man.jpg
    fat-man.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 114
jhm614 said:
I watched an SUV driving around a parking lot looking for the closest parking space. I parked at the periphery, walked in to my store, did my shopping, and walked back out. As I drove away the SUV finally found a good space opened up right in front of the door so he didn't have to walk a few extra feet. Now guess what business the driver was going to? .... A gym.

walterbays said:
I watched an SUV driving around a parking lot looking for the closest parking space. I parked at the periphery, walked in to my store, did my shopping, and walked back out. As I drove away the SUV finally found a good space opened up right in front of the door so he didn't have to walk a few extra feet. Now guess what business the driver was going to? .... A gym.
That's pretty funny. I was about to say I've witnessed the exact same behavior any number of times. It is not uncommon for me to park in the furthest spot available (to avoid door dings) and see somebody just not finding that spot they wanted by the time I am entering the building. But you got me on the gym part.. I've never seen that before, but then again I don't go to the gym.

My wife is kind of like that. I go out of my way to avoid door dings and she'll park in the closest spot available even if it means wedging in between two badly parked dually pickups, almost guaranteeing door dings. All that just to save 20 feet from parking a few spots further away from the door.

adric22 said:
My wife is kind of like that. I go out of my way to avoid door dings and she'll park in the closest spot available even if it means wedging in between two badly parked dually pickups, almost guaranteeing door dings. All that just to save 20 feet from parking a few spots further away from the door.
Hopefully, for your sake, your wife doesn't read MNL :?: :?: :?: :shock: :? :shock: :?

20140211_155533_zpscaa4abb5.jpg

I watched the Quest SL pull up and block the L2 charger, fortunately if anyone needed it I was left the other spot open a couple minutes later.

There are lots of plug-ins which simply aren't sold where I live, so whenever I see a car I don't recognize, I hope it's an "exotic import." So far, I've always been letdown. For example, the Honda turned out not be an Accord plug-in.

FMHbW5e.jpg

HKWZeIC.jpg

greengate said:
A. They can't read?
B. They don't care?

How do you vote?

It's binary.

a) Driver doesn't realize.
b) Driver realizes and is giving "them" the finger.

I notice a range of antagonistic behaviors from other drivers when I'm in the LEAF, from subtle to overt. Some people really do have a large part of their self-identity invested in this molecule:

OctaneFull.png

Yes, gasoline drivers. Al Gore will be at your house soon to take your car away. :lol:

Nubo said:
I notice a range of antagonistic behaviors from other drivers when I'm in the LEAF, from subtle to overt. Some people really do have a large part of their self-identity invested in this molecule

I've found the same thing when driving my car. People whipping around me to pass, speeding up even when I'm already going above the posted speed limit. It's like they have to prove their gas car is better than my electric car.

I had a Tesla do the same thing to me the other day...

vrwl said:
I've found the same thing when driving my car. People whipping around me to pass, speeding up even when I'm already going above the posted speed limit. It's like they have to prove their gas car is better than my electric car.

vrwl said:
Nubo said:
I notice a range of antagonistic behaviors from other drivers when I'm in the LEAF, from subtle to overt. Some people really do have a large part of their self-identity invested in this molecule

I don't notice this so much when actually moving, as I do at traffic lights. If I'm the only one at a traffic light, a car that's coming up behind me in my lane will move over to the one beside me, as if I'm going to move away slowly. When the light turns green, that's when I catch them by surprise :)

Back