ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nubo said:
Some people really do have a large part of their self-identity invested in this molecule:

[octane]

Funnily enough, FWIW, the 'octane' rating of gasoline is actually the amount of octane there isn't in it, or rather how much isooctane there is in it.

getStructureImage.pl

donald said:
Nubo said:
Some people really do have a large part of their self-identity invested in this molecule:

[octane]

Funnily enough, FWIW, the 'octane' rating of gasoline is actually the amount of octane there isn't in it, or rather how much isooctane there is in it.

You got me there. I dropped out of Organic Chemistry right about the same time I realized I liked playing with computers better than chemicals. I still have the book though. It makes a great doorstop :)

The funny thing about the octane rating is that it rates how explosive gasoline *isn't*. All those ads implying more powerful explosions are only partially true.

adric22 said:
Not much of a board of shame if you are going to blot out their license plate.

Fair enough, here's another icing of the same spot. The rub is that the SUV was ticketed. This was a first for me (the local mall leaves a note asking people not to ICE, but there's no fine) so I took the liberty of examining the citation. Unfortunately, it was for not having paid to park. At least now I can contact management with evidence that parking agents ignore icing, even when it's right under their nose.

WiwsiKY.jpg

The sign about the space being reserved for charging is very clear. However, people don't seem to read it. Would it be better if it were in red, or displayed the universal no-parking symbol?

2Jz0wfO.jpg

Triple ICEd today at the Carl's Jr./Green Burrito on Sepulveda, south of Imperial Highway, in El Segundo!

image.jpeg
(photo courtesy of mikey)

Triple ICEd today at the Carl's Jr./Green Burrito on Sepulveda, south of Imperial Highway, in El Segundo!

Did you check to see if they were employees' cars? Chilis lets employees park in the EV spaces. They are willing to move them, but probably count on many EV drivers not bothering to ask.

mwalsh said:
One of these boxes, an extension cord or suitable length (and gauge), and an evseupgrade.com modded portable EVSE, and you really wouldn't care. Plus you could EV the Icehole by parking directly behind him!

For humorous consideration only of course. IRL, there's a real chance that anyone who's parked in an EV charging spot already has a chip on their shoulder and may be more than willing to escalate.

ILETRIC said:
Triple whammy. How frustrating! There is no way 3 separate drivers do not notice where they parked.
I strongly suspect that having one driver ICE an EV spot encourages others to do so as well. They figure, "He did it. It must be OK."

When I see that someone has ICED a space, I leave them this notice.

"When you block an electric vehicle from charging, it makes my dog very nervous."

Attachments

• images-1.jpeg
    images-1.jpeg
    11 KB · Views: 230
Iced at the (Nashville) Parthenon. Only 2 of the 4 spaces were blocked.

Attachments

• Iced at the (Nashville) Parthenon.jpg
    Iced at the (Nashville) Parthenon.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 132
cwerdna said:
I just learned of iceshaming.tumblr.com from a Volt driver on Priuschat. I know he had a Gen 2 Prius, but don't know about now.
A comment about an ICEd EV spot on Facebook reminded me about http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Back