Immediate Charge not working with home Blink after 'Recall'

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VeloV

We recently had the 'Recall' software update done at Nissan.
Ever since, when we get home and plug-in to the Level II Blink, we get no dash LED's indicating "Ready for Charge", and when we push the "Immediate Start" Charge button, nothing happens.
Now, I must either go into my phone App to begin charging, or go to the Blink and initiate charging through the touch-pad, which for us is a pain as the Blink is IN the garage, and the Cable goes OUTside the garage.

At my shop, charging proceeds as it always has(a converted EVI DS-50 EVSE); immediate start works fine.
Last weekend we connected to a ChargePoint in SF and had the same problem.
We also charged at the Presidio EVSE and it did work properly, ay, ay, ay

Anyway, all was as the manual indicates until this recall software upgrade.

It would seem that the software upgrade, which was, if I'm not mistaken, intended to make the LEAF more compatible with other brands of EVSE, has rendered our home EVSE dysfunctional!

I called Nissan and the service guy couldn't tell me what the "upgrade" had altered or corrected.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

thanks,
Ross

Sounds like you might have a timer enabled on your Leaf. The software update resets all the timer programming, so that is probably contributing to your problem.

Have you tried pressing the timer override button before attempting to charge on your Blink?

DarkStar said:
The software update resets all the timer programming...
We had the "recall" update applied last week and both our timers were intact afterwards, they were not reset to default values. :?:

There was also no change in the way our Blink EVSE interfaces with the car, except it seems to take a little longer to "connect" with the Leaf when first plugged in (maybe a couple of seconds). All dash lights and behavior stayed the same when plugged in, whether the car was on a timer or we bypassed it for an immediate charge using the dash button.

TT

ttweed said:
DarkStar said:
The software update resets all the timer programming...
We had the "recall" update applied last week and both our timers were intact afterwards, they were not reset to default values. :?:

There was also no change in the way our Blink EVSE interfaces with the car, except it seems to take a little longer to "connect" with the Leaf when first plugged in (maybe a couple of seconds). All dash lights and behavior stayed the same when plugged in, whether the car was on a timer or we bypassed it for an immediate charge using the dash button.

TT
Part of the procedure has the technician document the timer settings and "fix" them after the update is complete. I've found that most don't care to follow that part of the procedure. :D

DarkStar said:
Part of the procedure has the technician document the timer settings and "fix" them after the update is complete. I've found that most don't care to follow that part of the procedure. :D
Ah, that makes sense, and makes me feel better about the service dept. at my local dealer--that they took the proper procedure. It also makes me wonder if the OP had the update installed correctly--if they didn't follow the procedure fully, what else did they miss while doing it??

TT

Darkstar, et al.
Yes, as default, we always use one timer to begin 11PM ending 7AM, in order to utilize the 80% charge feature.
My timer settings were still intact when we got it back from the update.

Yes, when we're expecting to need full range next trip, we park, turn LEAF OFF, hit the immediate start button, then attach the BLINK L2 cable. Sometimes the center LED in dash comes on solid before connecting, indicating 'ready to charge', and sometimes it doesn't.

We were planning to go out again this evening, but I can't get it to start and not enough range ;(
It's now not starting immediate charge from the iPhone either.....

If left to sit, it will usually charge fine on the timer program at 11PM

As an aside, every 3-4 days we get a self-test error on the Blink station, and the only way to clear it is to go to the back corner of the house and reset the breaker....aren't we all modern and groovy now with our EV ;)
This is a long-standing Blink issue and I don't believe is related to current LEAF problem at all.

Nissan, here we come!

VeloV said:
... As an aside, every 3-4 days we get a self-test error on the Blink station, and the only way to clear it is to go to the back corner of the house and reset the breaker....aren't we all modern and groovy now with our EV ;)
This is a long-standing Blink issue and I don't believe is related to current LEAF problem at all. ...
Yes this a well-known problem, and Blink will fix it if you have them come out.

Back