Is Boardwalk cooperating with this eBay auction? (ended)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveInSeattle

See eBay auction # 150547531664. He claims that the dealer in Redwood City is agreeing to allow him to transfer his purchase rights to another person. Say it isn't so! I think this goes against the whole spirit of the Leaf order process! Is Boardwalk really the dealer, and if so, are they really doing this? I know they read this, please explain this!

I'm sure Nissan doesn't like this idea. The correct thing for Chris to do is to cancel the reservation and let the next person in line pick it up.

SteveInSeattle said:
Now it says ended... and it says "zero bids" and I know there were bids, so it looks like it has been pulled! This is good news.... of course, there is still craigslist...
Like you all, I hope Brendan and the folks at Boardwalk are distancing themselves from this. According to the seller (who is also the "owner" of LeafOwner.com):

"UPDATE 1/12/11: Well, that didn't last long. Unfortunately I had to end the auction. When I can (may be a while) I will post the details as to why I had to end it, but I can tell you that it did not sell or anything of that sort. So I have my flame suit on, I totally expect to get abused for this, but life is the way it is."

Not sure what the purpose of his attempts to sell are - reading his website it seems if the seller is to profit at all it would only be the difference between what he negotiated a price for at Boardwalk, and what the buyer would buy for - which is listed at no higher then MSRP. Seems like a lot of work for that difference - if it would even be all of that. Can't believe that Boardwalk wouldn't do something like split the difference between the two.

As folks say - no reason for him to try to sell - he could either cancel the order or not accept delivery in which case Boardwalk as a car.

I was thinking that you'd get the Tax credit if you were the one who bought it, but I guess neither party would get it.
Vehicles must be acquired after February 17, 2009, and before January 1, 2012. The vehicle must be acquired for use or lease and not for resale. Additionally, the original use of the vehicle must commence with the taxpayer and the vehicle must be used predominantly in the United States.

SteveInSeattle said:
See eBay auction # 150547531664. He claims that the dealer in Redwood City is agreeing to allow him to transfer his purchase rights to another person. Say it isn't so! I think this goes against the whole spirit of the Leaf order process! Is Boardwalk really the dealer, and if so, are they really doing this? I know they read this, please explain this!

Our customer (who I've known know for close to a year) had his car needs change away from a LEAF, and he asked if he could find a replacement buyer for his car. If Chris didn't want the car but knew someone who wanted it, I'd be more than happy to oblige him. I let him know I also have a massive waiting list, so I could put him into contact with some of those people.

Nissan...wasn't too happy, which is understandable. They didn't take well to people doing this in the GT-R's release either.

End result is the eBay ad is no longer active, Nissan isn't chewing me out anymore, and his car will be here in a few weeks. From there, the plot hasn't unfolded fully yet. :lol:

BrendanDolan said:
End result is the eBay ad is no longer active, Nissan isn't chewing me out anymore, and his car will be here in a few weeks. From there, the plot hasn't unfolded fully yet. :lol:
What do you think of my idea of your dealership selling the car on ebay and donating anything over MSRP to a worthy local cause ?

evnow said:
BrendanDolan said:
What do you think of my idea of your dealership selling the car on ebay and donating anything over MSRP to a worthy local cause ?
If the plans fall through with the replacement buyer, I actually think that is a great idea. We usually do that once a year with a high end car at a local charity auction, so it's nothing out of the norm. We did a ZR-1 Vette last year IIRC.

I'll keep you guys posted!

Back