Is this charger good to get? 3.3 on board charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TimLee said:
^^^+1
Each person has their own needs and choices to make. Several very involved MNL members bought the 2013 S.
But for me, if I was leasing a 2013 I would want the heat pump heater and the 6 kW on board charger and the cruise control. The advantage of having the first two items would make me definitely go with the SV or SL.
To each his own.

Well put. I have had mostly older plain cars over the years and drove them till they died (200K miles plus). I now lease a 2013 Leaf SL.
I like the toys such as Nav and leather and heated seats. Yeah it's a bit of extra money but I spent a lot of money putting two kids through college so I can spend a few $$ on myself now.

What I use the nav for is to keep me alert for turns and such. I have nav on my phone but having it on the dash is very convenient.

It is all a matter of what someone wants to pay for.
I drove 52 years without a Navigation computer, till I bought a 2009 Altima with it built in.
Could I live without it? Yes, but don't want to and don't plan to.
I also have a slide rule and know how to use it, but don't plan to ever use it again, because I have calculators and a computer.
Could I live without cruise control? Yes, But I WILL NOT.
If I was buying or leasing a new LEAF, I wouldn't live without a heat pump heater, and 6 kW on board charger, and a Bose audio system, and the All Around View Monitor.
But to each his own.
If my 2011 LEAF was worth much I'd probably upgrade sooner.
As it isn't, I'll live with what I've got probably for another 7+ years.
Will be a lot more than Nissan competing for my business at that point, and how Nissan has treated early adopters will be a significant point of evaluation.

Back