July Plugin Sales : Leaf 395, Volt 1849, PIP 688, FFE 38

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
scottf200 said:
Volt deliveries in July at 1849.
Previous month (June) was 1760. Second best month sales. They produced a lot more than that with them going out of the country.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2012/Aug/gmsales.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Monthly and yearly table:
http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/chevrolet-volt-sales-figures.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is there any data on what ratio are going out as fleet sales? I'm just wondering because the Fed's own so much stock in GM still. It'd seem to be in the Fed's best interest to assure that the company is 'selling' their product - even if it's to the Fed's ... a major owner of the company. So is there any way to find that out?

7 months to sell curent stock at this rate
this assumes no more 2012 production and none on the water.

Nissan needs some incentives or a large fleet deal with ? someone to clear out the 2012's

7 months gets us to FEb or March 2013 when 2013's will hit the USA

again assuming no cars are currently en route to the US

hill said:
scottf200 said:
Volt deliveries in July at 1849.
Previous month (June) was 1760. Second best month sales. They produced a lot more than that with them going out of the country.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2012/Aug/gmsales.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Monthly and yearly table:
http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/chevrolet-volt-sales-figures.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is there any data on what ratio are going out as fleet sales? I'm just wondering because the Fed's own so much stock in GM still. It'd seem to be in the Fed's best interest to assure that the company is 'selling' their product - even if it's to the Fed's ... a major owner of the company. So is there any way to find that out?
It has been a very small percentage in the past. Example from previous articles: "2129 were retail sales, and 160 were fleet orders for Volt"

It appears that the Volt technology and benefits are resonating with consumers. I have a friends who has looked at the Volt for over a year and bought one last weekend. Nice to see various positive post in threads from longtime LEAF owners who now also own a Volt or are looking into it. (3 year leases will be up in the near future).

395! Now can we all agree that "QC" is a poor Band-Aide that absolutely, positively has not helped sales? Can folks stop saying "the current Leaf will sell once there's a government funded CHAdeMO infrastructure"?

I really hope Nissan pulls a rabbit out of their hat and offers different levels, one much cheaper than current SV @ 70 miles (@ 65MPH), one the same price as current SL @ 100 miles (at least), TMS, a real warranty, put SAE Combo in place of the standard J1772, 9.9 charger (it's time to get serious), change its looks a bit, and so on.

With this much inventory Nissan has half a year to make changes.

they will likely just continue on as is selling 300/400 a month until the 2013's are here.

the biq question is continued production and shipments to the USA of 2012's out of oppama

at this rate the tap must be shut off / no US bound production/ sell down all ground stock of 2011/2012' til the 2013 arrive in early 2013

DANandNAN said:
395! Now can we all agree that "QC" is a poor Band-Aide that absolutely, positively has not helped sales? Can folks stop saying "the current Leaf will sell once there's a government funded CHAdeMO infrastructure"? . . . . . . . . . . . snip . . . . . .
Um - since there is no real Chademo infrastructure (as in the level that Japan has) in the U.S. - how'd you jump to THAT conclusion ... wouldn't you only be able to come to that conclusion after tons of Chademo stations (with multiple charge heads) dotted the landscape in the majority of counties with moderate and large populations?

Have to go with Gary on this one. Even with the near pathetic rollout of QCs in my area, it has greatly enhanced the usability of my LEAF

So, the question is how much of the Leaf's pathetic sales (and the Volt's relatively strong ones) are due to each of the following factors:

1. BEV early adopters who can't afford a Tesla have already got their Leaf and the market is saturated, plus there are now more BEV options in the affordable range. (depends how FFE etc. are doing).

2. PHEVs are much more acceptable to the mainstream, especially following the big power outage.

3. Most remaining potential Leaf owners want the 6.6kW/heater and/or leather, and are holding out for the 2013s for them and any other goodies.

4. High-temp problems are causing people to switch to Volt and/or FFE, buy a Prius or hold off altogether.

hill said:
DANandNAN said:
395! Now can we all agree that "QC" is a poor Band-Aide that absolutely, positively has not helped sales? Can folks stop saying "the current Leaf will sell once there's a government funded CHAdeMO infrastructure"? . . . . . . . . . . . snip . . . . . .
Um - since there is no real Chademo infrastructure (as in the level that Japan has) in the U.S. - how'd you jump to THAT conclusion ... wouldn't you only be able to come to that conclusion after tons of Chademo stations (with multiple charge heads) dotted the landscape in the majority of counties with moderate and large populations?
LOL, there's an "electric highway", there's cities with several chargers, there's this, there's that. There's a bunch of talk about how folks are waiting for an L3 infrastructure yet Nissan just sold less than 400 Leafs. Last month 535, June 510, May 370. I could go on, but come on, the L3 infrastructure was "coming" in those states and the sales were bad. The L3 infrastructure is here (out there) and the sales are terrible.

But, yeah, lets keep throwing money at CHAdeMO and pretend it's going to sell more cars. All those lying statistics don't matter.

DaveinOlyWA said:
Have to go with Gary on this one. Even with the near pathetic rollout of QCs in my area, it has greatly enhanced the usability of my LEAF
Ok, but it's not about you. You have your Leaf. It's about selling the U.S. on BEV and the U.S. doesn't want RLBEV even if it can be recharged at "L3 speeds".

Throwing government money away on CHAdeMO is stupid. 395 cars? $40K-100K+ per station is a good idea? Asking the government to pick and install CHAdeMO stations is stupid, not just because Nissan can't sell the Leaf, but also because no else is using it.

Here's an idea, until the "charger wars" are decided (though IMHO CHAdeMO has lost) maybe the government could lease Leaf owners a tow behind engine on a trailer (like the old RAV4). Put a Volt generator on it rent them out. Think about it, then you'd be able to travel faster than the 44MPH maximum and I'd bet a lot more folks would be willing to use it because of convenience.

GRA said:
So, the question is how much of the Leaf's pathetic sales (and the Volt's relatively strong ones) are due to each of the following factors:
I imagine all of those issues factor in to a certain degree. Lets not forget that gas prices are down, which is probably one of the most important factors.

Also keep in mind that worldwide sales of the Leaf seem to be doing quite a bit better than the US sales.

DANandNAN said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Ok, but it's not about you. You have your Leaf. It's about selling the U.S. on BEV and the U.S. doesn't want RLBEV even if it can be recharged at "L3 speeds".

Throwing government money away on CHAdeMO is stupid. 395 cars? $40K-100K+ per station is a good idea? Asking the government to pick and install CHAdeMO stations is stupid, not just because Nissan can't sell the Leaf, but also because no else is using it.

Here's an idea, until the "charger wars" are decided (though IMHO CHAdeMO has lost) maybe the government could lease Leaf owners a tow behind engine on a trailer (like the old RAV4). Put a Volt generator on it rent them out. Think about it, then you'd be able to travel faster than the 44MPH maximum and I'd bet a lot more folks would be willing to use it because of convenience.

Nissan should install these if they want the car to thrive. Look at the gas stations when they first came into existence. They were subsidized by major oil companies. I do believe that we need a bigger infrastructure, especially here with us on the East Coast, but I agree 100% with you that it doesn't need to be govt. money. But then I agree with that with SAE combo plug, also.

ztanos said:
DANandNAN said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

Nissan should install these if they want the car to thrive. Look at the gas stations when they first came into existence. They were subsidized by major oil companies. I do believe that we need a bigger infrastructure, especially here with us on the East Coast, but I agree 100% with you that it doesn't need to be govt. money. But then I agree with that with SAE combo plug, also.

install their own charging station network?? why would anyone want to do that? no one else has done that!! well no one but Better Place...and Tesla... but other than them! hmmm, then again, no one else other than Mitsubishi put out a car capable of a quick charge

kmp647 said:
:eek:
not good at all
Agreed. 395 in the US is terrible. And, AFAIK, the PiP is still only available in 15 states yet it supposedly sold 688.

I don't think the AZ and TX battery degradation issues are helping any nationwide. I'd imagine that AZ and TX sales will fall sharply.

To hear coach81's story is not good either. To have a Nissan dealer laugh in his face (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=216823#p216823" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) doesn't help. Who needs enemies/competitors when you've got dealers like that?

I wonder if DrRocket wants to back down on his post at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6735.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

ztanos said:
Nissan should do it! But, it's not selling Leafs. Nissan should build a better, cheaper Leaf.

DANandNAN said:
Here's an idea, until the "charger wars" are decided
keep installing CHADEMO chargers. The bigest cost/problem is the installation of the charger not the charger itself. When SAE plug is ready to be used add it to the same location. All the money are coming from the printer anyway, so ... keep the fast chargers coming! Both of them! We are going to need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back