LAX parking not free starting March 1

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KeiJidosha said:
More L1 would be better, but this is still good news. What would be helpful is to have these new EVSEs installed so that each L2 EVSE is at the corner of four EV signed, non-AB475 compliant parking spaces, allowing charger sharing. In the future the Airport could replace these L2 sites with 120 volt quad outlets for L1 charging without having to make major changes to the infrastructure. It would also be helpful if a few L2 EVSEs at each location were Pay-to-Charge, so an EVSE is available when a BEV really needs to charge.
I hope you will email [email protected] with your well-considered suggestion, and I hope all other contributors with constructive ideas on the subject will too. We should not underestimate the cumulative impact our ideas can have, if not in the immediate future, then in the longer term.

Thanks for taking a few minutes to share your opinions with those who actually make these decisions, or those who can influence them.

RegGuheert said:
Is there any public L1 equipment out there that provides a J1772 handle rather than just a 120VAC outlet? The reason that I ask is the ChargePoint L1 stations at our airport are too smart and they try to detect the current drawn by the EVSE. Unfortunately the upgraded EVSE draws so little current that the station thinks it is unplugged and ends the session. The only thing you can do is just charge up to 80% (or 100%) immediately. As soon as the charger stops, the thing throws a fault and the session is over. It's pretty dumb, IMO.
http://www.clippercreek.com/uploads/ClipperCreek - ACS_v1.pdf

Back