LEAF Link for iPhone/iPad/etc - available on the App Store

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats and thanks!
One comment/bug: first thing I did was hit "demo mode" couldn't get out of it without closing/deleting/re-installing the app.
Guess I won't do THAT again ;)

baronvonshush said:
remf said:
Chris75sf said:
I downloaded the app this morning; I can not get connected using my CARWINGS 's account: is it because I am in France ?
Great work. Definitely looks like a must-have app!!! I can't login either, probably because I'm in Australia. The demo shows it off nicely but I hope it'll work outside the US soon.
Sounds like I will have to handle international users differently - I wasn't sure about this because I don't think any of the beta testers were from outside the US. remf and Chris75sf, if you are willing to beta test and give feedback, I can include the ability to try alternate Nissan servers in the next beta to see if that solves it for you. I'll just need your device id, which you can get using the instructions in the first post of this thread.

Mike,

Thanks for asking, I would to beta test the app to
I am sending you an email with my device ID to [email protected]

waidy said:
baronvonshush said:
waidy said:
While I am home playing with LEAF-link, I find my home address is listed in the "find charging station map". I would rather not to include my address in the map. Would you tell me which tool/database you use to get this information?
LEAF Link uses the Open Charge Map database - their website is http://www.openchargemap.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It sounds like someone must have gotten your address on PlugShare and added it to Open Charge Map (without your permission, obviously). I don't see a way to directly remove a station from their database, but hopefully if you contact them, they'll remove it quickly.
I have just dropped them an email. Thanks for the URL.
Thanks for baronvonshush's help. It turns out my home location on the LEAF Link map is a "blue" dot, that means it comes out from my address book and not from openchargemap.org. My apology for the confusion.

Can someone confirm the different ways to "send an address" to the Leaf nav system?
1) via Route Planner in CarWings where it overwrites the first entry in the route list (unless of course you assign it to some other slot)
2) via Leaf Link where it doesn't actually 'store' it anywhere
3) Google maps (which I have never used and not quite sure I understand)

I like the way LL does it, but I'm trying to understand the mechanics of how we can send nav info to the Leaf.

Stanton said:
Congrats and thanks!
One comment/bug: first thing I did was hit "demo mode" couldn't get out of it without closing/deleting/re-installing the app.
Guess I won't do THAT again ;)
You can actually login from the Info & Settings screen (hit the "i" icon in the upper right of the main screen). You're not the first person to miss this, so it's clear that I need to make that a little more obvious. I have a couple of ideas, but it's kind of tough since there's really no room to squeeze in another button on the main screen. Will definitely try to improve this in the next update.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. :)

Sounds like an interesting app. I'd also be interested in beta testing. Will contact you.

hello i do love the app but im getting a login failed and i do have a car wings account and activate...thanks in advance

EricTheRed said:
hello i do love the app but im getting a login failed and i do have a car wings account and activate...thanks in advance
It appears that CARWINGS is currently down, though I'm not sure when this started. If it was down when you posted, then that would explain the problem. Otherwise, here are a couple of things to check:

- Are you in the US? Currently it seems that LEAF Link isn't working for international users. I'm hoping to resolve that soon.
- Does the Nissan app work for you? It won't work right now because of CARWINGS being down, but when that comes back up, check and see if both apps work with the same username/password.

Hope this helps.

Version 1.0.8 is updated on the server. Changes in this version include:

- CARWINGS communication now continues as a background task when you switch away from the app or put the device to sleep. When it's finished, you'll get a local notification with pertinent info. Note: iPod touch 2g doesn't support background tasks, so behavior should be the same as 1.0.0 and below on that device.
- Optionally play a sound or vibrate when CARWINGS communication is finished - see Notification preference in the Settings & Info screen.
- International users: LEAF Link will try 4 different Nissan servers if CARWINGS login initially fails. I hope this is all that's necessary to support users other countries. Will need help testing.
- For the beta version, the "CARWINGS Account" heading in the Settings & Info screen tells you which CW server is being used. Most people should be "NA" (North America).
- When entering demo mode, you get a one-time alert telling you how to login and exit demo.
- The login screen automatically comes back up when switching back to the app (resuming) and it's in demo mode.
- The username and password are now NOT cleared when entering demo mode. This is especially useful when CARWINGS is down, causing a login failure, and you choose demo mode. Whoops!

Bunch o' minor fixes/updates:
- Check for a valid location before opening the Maps app from the Send To LEAF screen.
- Handle/ignore a blank result from the leaflinkapp.com server - this is most likely a network error, but we don't want to treat it like the server said something.
- Handle occasional bogus data I've seen from CARWINGS (looks like I'm Normal Charging when I know I'm on trickle charge, etc). Not sure if this is totally fixed because it happens fairly rarely.
- Charge timer wasn't properly simulated in demo mode.
- When selecting a recently sent navigation item that came from Google search, LEAF Link would waste time & network requesting address and location again.

As always, feedback is appreciated. I'm particularly interested in how it goes for our non-US testers. I hope the international fix was this simple, but I fear it may not be. Thanks! :mrgreen:

baronvonshush said:
Version 1.0.8 is updated on the server....

......As always, feedback is appreciated. I'm particularly interested in how it goes for our non-US testers. I hope the international fix was this simple, but I fear it may not be. Thanks! :mrgreen:

I downloaded the beta above, added to my Itunes, but it failed to install to my Iphone. And so far logging in with the regular version from the Itunes store has failed (am a European user).

I had sent you my device name/info via email, as detailed in the thread starter. Just curious if you received it or not?

baronvonshush said:
You can also display charging stations. This data comes from Open Charge Map. Their database is very extensive, but doesn't appear to be quite as up-to-date as PlugShare or Recargo (unfortunately near as I can tell, the latter aren't sharing their data).
Many thanks for supporting the Open Charge Map project. The database currently contains 8793 global locations and we are about to start a major effort to improve the quality of data by using crowd sourced ratings for each location. We will find you some European Leaf owners to test the app :)

Love the new notification in the beta version! No more waiting for the update, or to turn on climate control! Cool how it works in the notification center too!

Awesome!
:D

I've downloaded the app from the appstore here in the UK. However, when I enter my Carwings login details it says login failed. Do you know if this will work internationally, and more specifically here in the UK?

Has the app been tested with iOS 6?

I'm loving the app so far. And you're already improving it!?

The Nissan programmers should be ashamed to go out in public. :lol:

Ogi said:
I downloaded the beta above, added to my Itunes, but it failed to install to my Iphone. And so far logging in with the regular version from the Itunes store has failed (am a European user).

I had sent you my device name/info via email, as detailed in the thread starter. Just curious if you received it or not?
Looks like you already got my email, but yeah - I missed adding your phone to the beta list the first time around. Re-downloading should work for you now.

KevinSharpe said:
Many thanks for supporting the Open Charge Map project. The database currently contains 8793 global locations and we are about to start a major effort to improve the quality of data by using crowd sourced ratings for each location. We will find you some European Leaf owners to test the app :)
Sounds great, Kevin. I really appreciate the work you guys have done to make this data available for free - especially since that's about the only price point I could afford to include in LEAF Link. ;) Looking forward to what you have in store with crowd sourcing. If there's eventually a way I could allow LEAF Link users to provide feedback on charging stations from within the app, that would be awesome.

Sefton74 said:
I've downloaded the app from the appstore here in the UK. However, when I enter my Carwings login details it says login failed. Do you know if this will work internationally, and more specifically here in the UK?
The App Store version currently won't login to accounts outside of the US. This beta version attempts to fix that by trying other Nissan servers around the world. So far I've gotten one report from Australia that the beta worked, so good news. If you are interested in testing the beta from your location, see the first post in this thread for instructions to send me your device id. Otherwise, look for the app update from the App Store - probably in a couple of weeks after Apple's usual approval process.

Nubo said:
Has the app been tested with iOS 6?
I haven't had a chance to test it yet (don't want to put a beta OS on my primary phone, and our iPad 1 is frustratingly left out of the iOS 6 compatibility list :x). However thanks to Fredr500 with the report that it seems to be working fine. One of these days I'll at least give it a whirl in the iOS 6 simulator - I'm particularly curious to see what's up with Apple's new maps interface and whether that will affect existing apps like this.

Nubo said:
I'm loving the app so far. And you're already improving it!?

The Nissan programmers should be ashamed to go out in public. :lol:
Don't tell them that I'm not getting paid to do this either. :shock: :lol: Not enough to quit my day job, anyway. A number of people have already made in-app purchases, so big thanks for that! It'll get me part of the way toward covering my out of pocket development costs for the first year.

Back