Leaf Size

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks to me more like a 10 to 12 inch "step" if the seat-backs simply fold forward.

However, it seems likely that the seat bottoms flip 180 degrees forward into the rear-feet space, and THEN the seat backs fold forward.

Then, the step could easily be the smaller size.

'Cave Etching' Headroom Guestimation ... or ...where's my green crayon when I need it?

I enlarged the image in the Oct 09 Nissan PDF, pulled it into Powerpoint, and drew lines from the tops of the 'humanoid head-like objects' to the appropriate roof outline. I moved the lines to the left so we can see relative size. From left to right - Insight, Leaf, Prius.

leaf_rear_headroom.jpg

Vince, Vince, and Larry (the simulated crash test dummies) are on the appropriate seat bottoms, so we don't need to adjust the images.

garygid said:
From this drawing, it appears to me that the Prius has slightly more headroom than the Leaf, and the Insight has substantially less?

Yes, that is what the three little bar graphs Andy added to the left side of the photo represent. This is also what I was saying earlier. The picture shows the Prius with more headroom for the rear passenger, but clearly states in the graphic that the Prius is "Tight" and the Leaf has "enough" headroom, and imply that "enough" is more headroom than "tight" by using a circle instead of an X. Clearly a misleading graphic.

They do the same thing with rear seat legroom.

If you zoom in on the front seat, you will notice that the LEAF front seats do have more room than the other cars.

Yes - they should indicated that Insight is tight, but Prius/Leaf are enough. In some other graphics they have actually truthfully put Prius as better, apparently not in this.

mitch672 said:
You can see the rear cargo area and how the shelf will look, when the seats are folden in this picture..
it will not make a large flat area like the Prius, but will have a stepped shelf look, looks to be at least 6" or 8" above the "floor" of the cargo area.

nissan-leaf-5.jpg

even larger picture:

http://vlane.com/img/blogs/mb/news07nissan_leaf_05.jpg

So, we have the Cargo Area Organizer - like this one for versa.

http://www.nissanusa.com/versa/accessories.html

Get super-organized with movable dividers that let you customize the cargo space. When you close the lid to conceal your cargo, you have a flat cargo floor when the seats are folded down.

Made of sturdy black plastic
Water-resistant and durable
Easy to install
Available in two colors to match the interior

ver_acc_lg_cargo_organize.jpg

Back