Leafs in Utah

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darren said:
Everybody still on for tomorrow?

Yep I will be there. I talked to MM yesterday and he is in CA visiting kids and grandkids for the weekend. He said next time for sure.

Darren said:
It was a lot of fun seeing you guys. Let's do it again soon.

It is always fun to talk with other EV owners about the things we have in common. Pick a time and place that is good for you and I will be there.

Too bad we do not have a good coffee or food type location that has charging available. Maybe this could be our topic of discussion for next meeting, how to get people motivated to install public charge stations in Utah.

KJD

Even if a place has an EVSE, or even a safe-to-use exterior plug, it is unlikely to be able to have facilities that would handle a "cluster" of LEAFs, much less a "branch" of LEAFs.

I look for good quality, large variety food, with plenty of flexible seating where we will not adversly impact the normal customer load. Plenty of free, convenient parking is also good. A "meeting" room is also a plus, but usually not required for smaller Gatherings.

My local Hometown Buffet ... is not the best, so I now avoid that location. We usually meet at two others that are quite good, even splendid. One is 17 miles away, and the other is 35 miles away, to better attract folks from an extended geographical area.

At $5.99 (plus tax and optional drink bar totals $8.06) for a way-plentiful breakfast, the cost rarely keeps anybody from attending, or occasionally bringing their spouse, children, interested neighbor, or friends.

LEAF-frogging to get further-away folks to the restaurant usually works well. Those too far to make the round trip just ride with others who are at some in-between location.

We usually gather on Saturday mornings since it does not kill the whole day, and traffic is usually much lighter.

Yes, pick a "next" place ... and Gather your LEAFs. :D

I am new to the board even though I have been reading about the LEAF for nearly 2 years. I am in Utah County and have had my reservation for 18 months. I received an email yesterday that said ordering is now open nationwide! So I placed my order at Ken Garff Nissan in Orem. I am nervous about using this dealership. I have not had great experiences there in the past. However, it is also less than 1 mile from my house, so the convenience is tempting. Any feedback anyone?

I am excited and a little nervous! Hope this works out!

Dell

I am in Utah County too but other than an occasional charge at a dealership, the LEAF is so low maintenance that you won't see the dealer much.

All I know about Ken Garff of Orem is that they have been very slow to install their charging stations and I hope that is not a reflection of their attitude towards the LEAF. I also keep getting emails from Ken Garff's automated system wanting to sell me oil changes for my LEAF. :) On the other hand, Tim Dahle of Sandy and Murray already have their charging stations working and they know the LEAF uses no oil.

My advice for buying your LEAF is shop around and see who will give you the best price and go with them as you likely won't see the dealer much after the purchase.

Good luck and congrats! You will love it!

The LEAF "ordering" is normally done on-line.
Is that no longer the case?

Shop around and give the good dealers your business.

Get a final price in writing before placing your order.

garygid said:
The LEAF "ordering" is normally done on-line.
Is that no longer the case?
garygid said:
Yes, on-line as always. During the on-line order, they make you pick a dealer to work with. Closest in Ken Garff Nissan.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will go slow and shop around.

Dell

Did Ken Garff give you 2,000 off MSRP ? Maybe you should shop at Fontana like I did. They shipped the car right to my door.

Still have 7 orphan LEAFS left at $2K OFF MSRP. :D
866-871-0015

Report this post

DCM said:
I am new to the board even though I have been reading about the LEAF for nearly 2 years. I am in Utah County and have had my reservation for 18 months. I received an email yesterday that said ordering is now open nationwide! So I placed my order at Ken Garff Nissan in Orem. I am nervous about using this dealership. I have not had great experiences there in the past. However, it is also less than 1 mile from my house, so the convenience is tempting. Any feedback anyone?

I am excited and a little nervous! Hope this works out!

Dell

KJD said:
Did Ken Garff give you 2,000 off MSRP ? Maybe you should shop at Fontana like I did. They shipped the car right to my door.
I pulled up Fontana's website the other day, and they had one $2K discounted Leaf left. It doesn't seem to be there today, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't cut a similar deal if someone wanted to inquire. No harm in asking!

A relevant question: did Fontana ship it to your door for free? If not, how much did it cost to ship it?

Yanquetino said:
KJD said:
I pulled up Fontana's website the other day, and they had one $2K discounted Leaf left. It doesn't seem to be there today, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't cut a similar deal if someone wanted to inquire. No harm in asking!

A relevant question: did Fontana ship it to your door for free? If not, how much did it cost to ship it?

The shipping cost was 660 to Salt Lake City. So I still saved over 1300 dollars going this route. You should give Danny a call and find out what he can do for you.

KJD

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

I am now a proud and happy EV owner. Mine is the first officially delivered Leaf in the state of Utah!

(click to enlarge)

Yanquetino said:
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
I am now a proud and happy EV owner. Mine is the first officially delivered Leaf in the state of Utah!

Great looking car Yanquentino. It looks like you bought the car from Stephen Wade. Does anyone there know how to spell EV ? :lol:

Back