Less than 100 full California rebates remaining

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems like watching a sunset. Takes forever until the end where it goes quickly. Then we enter the long dark period.
Good luck to all as it will only be a couple days.

We just got our check in the mail $5000.00. I sent in the info on 5/30 and got it today 6/16. What a great deal.
Manny

Month total CA rebates reserved (possibly not all LEAFs, maybe some Tesla Roadsters until June, when we entered the most recent round of CARB funding): Numbers aren't hard and fast, just my best guesstimate.

December 2010: 5
January 2011: 56
February: 30
March: 145
April: 272
May: 672
June to this moment: 517
Remaining: 81

Total: 1,778

65 ... as of 09:50 am Friday ... actually 65.9858. I wonder what happens to the $4,929 left over when the next application comes in ... who will "donate" $71 to the final $5k applicant ?

cvrpstatus201106170950w.jpg

thankyouOB said:
that should read:
Fewer than 100 full California...

you geeks are bad with the grammer
You mean GRAMMAR ??! :lol: And never mind your punctuation and lower-case misuse :lol:

(But, of course, you are right ...)

I'm incredibly depressed about this and Brendan seems to be on vacation or something, so I can't get any information at all. I don't even bother with CS. Why ask them anything when I won't believe anything they tell me?

LEAFer said:
thankyouOB said:
that should read:
Fewer than 100 full California...

you geeks are bad with the grammer
You mean GRAMMAR ??! :lol: And never mind your punctuation and lower-case misuse :lol:

(But, of course, you are right ...)
LOL.

BTW - I plea (or is it plead) the 'being an engineer' defense.

neoplasticity said:
if i pick up my car today, will i get the rebate?
If you complete the purchase today and then apply online I will say yes. Tomorrow will be tight.

If you miss you get on a wait list for next fiscal year funding at the $2500 level.

So you can consider me a California Rebate (CVRP) newbie, but I have a question. Does the purchase of the car have to be from California? Or for instance, let's say a dealer in Arizona had an orphan, could someone from CA purchase from that dealer and still be eligible for the California rebate?

TNleaf said:
So you can consider me a California Rebate (CVRP) newbie, but I have a question. Does the purchase of the car have to be from California? Or for instance, let's say a dealer in Arizona had an orphan, could someone from CA purchase from that dealer and still be eligible for the California rebate?
Call this guy:

Kyle Goedert
Program Assistant, Transportation
California Center for Sustainable Energy
8690 Balboa Ave, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92123-1502
858.244.4877 phone

Kyle is extremely helpful and should know the answer.

Wow -- that's interesting. Even if you overpaid by $2000 for an orphan, getting the $5k rebate would still put you ahead by $500, in addition to not having to wait for the $2500 or the risk of the program getting cancelled entirely.

LALeaf said:
TNleaf said:
Call this guy:

Kyle Goedert
Program Assistant, Transportation
California Center for Sustainable Energy
8690 Balboa Ave, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92123-1502
858.244.4877 phone

Kyle is extremely helpful and should know the answer.

Well I called and he specifically said "you can submit an application only if take delivery on the day"

I thought one could submit online,and mail in the papers later... up to say 10 days or so right?

My delivery is June 23, and I just checked with Nissan who said the vehicle was "invoiceed by dealer" and will be on a delivery truck for June 20.

Am I SOL for the rebate?

mxp said:
Well I called and he specifically said "you can submit an application only if take delivery on the day"

I thought one could submit online,and mail in the papers later... up to say 10 days or so right?

My delivery is June 23, and I just checked with Nissan who said the vehicle was "invoiceed by dealer" and will be on a delivery truck for June 20.

Am I SOL for the rebate?

The date on your registration and purchase/lease paperwork MUST match the date of your rebate form or else they will reject your rebate paperwork and make you file again. You can NOT submit on-line on a date OTHER than the day you take buy/lease your car.

mxp said:

Am I SOL for the rebate?
He's the big cheese...besides it specifically says it on the website, too. You have ten days to get the papers in, but the purchase/lease agreement has to be dated on or before your reservation date. Unless you get it today or maybe tomorrow, you're on the wait list for next years' $2,500 rebate.

Beats a sharp stick in the eye, any day.

Back