Main thread for http://electric.carstations.com

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEAFer said:
Not necessarily specifically campgrounds ... but there are other locations which provide 14-50 in addition to legacy (and soon "new") charge stations ... listing the other available receptacles will be useful. ( Could allow someone "inventive" or properly equipped :geek: to charge while the regular station is already in use. (This assumes separate circuitry.) )

Campgrounds indeed will be a decent part of this. Many Ev people and specifically Tesla owners are using campgrounds now.

Also don't forget simply peoples homes. There are already a couple of folks up on the site that are offering Nema 1450 at their house.

Like this one: http://electric.carstations.com/4067

Hey folks,

A lot of people have been sending in photos and updates. Thanks to all again. The community has been incredible! To help other EV drivers we have below, what I think is a good example of station photos and what seems to help drivers most based on feedback and people driving around.

Below is a good example of photos for a station. This happens to be DTE Energy in Ann Arbor, MI:

http://electric.carstations.com/1710

From our experience it is easier for people if the shot is from at least 20ft back or so to get the surrounding landscape and any extra photos helping to locate the spot are great too. If you have other suggestions, we could add in some other examples too.

Hey all,

FYI. NY leaf dealers are up and ready for comments and photos. There was some address discrepancy on a few that should be resolved. Also many new stations added by community members from all over the country including some new ones in Salt Lake city that the City installed.

Here is one of the new Salt Lake ones at Salt Lake City Main Library:

http://electric.carstations.com/5373

The multiple-location numbers are VERY difficult to see on the Satellite view, and not EASY to see on the map view. So, you need to use some other "icon" for these "groups".

Also, these "groups" appear even when individual "pins" would be much more helpful. Maybe a "Pins/Groups" choice would be easy?

Is the default map displayed in "Satellite" mode. Map mode would draw much faster, letting the user select the slower Satellite mode just when desired (usually only after zooming WAY in).

Showing the filter checkboxes directly on-screen might be helpful.

garygid said:
The multiple-location numbers are VERY difficult to see on the Satellite view, and not EASY to see on the map view. So, you need to use some other "icon" for these "groups".

Also, these "groups" appear even when individual "pins" would be much more helpful. Maybe a "Pins/Groups" choice would be easy?

Is the default map displayed in "Satellite" mode. Map mode would draw much faster, letting the user select the slower Satellite mode just when desired (usually only after zooming WAY in).

Showing the filter checkboxes directly on-screen might be helpful.

Thanks gary. thanks for your great input! Hmm. Maybe it's the browser your using as they should be quite bright red or yellow or i think blue when you get closer. Google controls those colors. The new MarkerClusters are a fairly new standard from Google. We did some initial testing with just pins and it will take way too long to load for the hundreds and soon thousands of pins locations.

There has been some discussions on Satellite vs map. If you do an actual address search it will switch to the faster map mode instantly and you can zoom quickly in from there.

check-boxes were on screen originally, but they started getting huge so we moved them to a mouse over box. Maybe we can move those around a bit.

We are also re-working everything for V2 of the site and mobile apps, so much will change soon!

thanks again.

Yes, using the Wii's Opera browser. I have not checked with IE6 or IE7.

I searched with zip code and got Sat-view, and the small blue 2, 3, 4 (with transparent background) were "impossible" to see.

Do you have control over the size of the scaled circle (or rectangle) that is used to determine "close-packed"?

ranchleaf said:
Hey all,

First wanted to announce we now have filtering by EVSE brand/manufacturer in addition to charge type. A lot of this is going to get updated and changed in the coming months, but it's a nice start. Yet again, thanks to everyone's help.

Second, I started this thread from your suggestions, so all info, announcements, comments related to the site will be here and not in multiple threads.

Thanks.

David

Hi Dave:

Do you have any thoughts on mapping Nissan's installation of quick chargers at dealers?

Otherwise, a trivial matter, but I suggest when I go to your web page that the button to log in is not obscured behind "Join".

Josh

Back