March Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone sees a lonely red LEAF out there, VIN #500, please send her to Phoenix. She was last seen at the port getting loaded onto a truck and has not made it to her destination on time. Please keep my lost little car in your thoughts. :)

Say what??

Today I got my "local dealer within the next 7 days" email and made the appropriate noises.

Tonight I checked my dashboard only to see that "week of March 21" has been replaced by "week of April 1." HUH??

Well, I guess "week of x" may really mean "within a week +/- from x", and maybe the dealer wants three days to polish the hubcaps or something.
So the 15th + 7 days is the 22nd,
and the 22nd + 3 days is the 25th,
and that is exactly one week before April Fools day.

So there is a certain vague logic to the whole thing. I've got a new theory. Maybe the person who programmed the "week of" logic on the "my account" dashboard also programmed the "miles remaining" logic on the car's dashboard. ;)

Ray

planet4ever said:
Say what??

Today I got my "local dealer within the next 7 days" email and made the appropriate noises.

Tonight I checked my dashboard only to see that "week of March 21" has been replaced by "week of April 1." HUH??

At least you got the seven day email. My VIN is 565 but no 7 day email. Actually I have never received any status emails from Nissan (not it junk email folder either). How Nissan does things makes no sense.

planet4ever said:
onight I checked my dashboard only to see that "week of March 21" has been replaced by "week of April 1." HUH??

Ray, sorry to hear about the change. I am still hanging in there with a week of March 31 delivery. However, I could be joining you shortly in April. My VIN is quite a bit higher than yours, so don't know how the process works. Perhaps a random number generator is being used.

linkim said:
planet4ever said:
onight I checked my dashboard only to see that "week of March 21" has been replaced by "week of April 1." HUH??

Ray, sorry to hear about the change. I am still hanging in there with a week of March 31 delivery. However, I could be joining you shortly in April. My VIN is quite a bit higher than yours, so don't know how the process works. Perhaps a random number generator is being used.
Yep . . . my 659 VIN just got the boot . . . week o march 25 ... now week of April 5. That's about the 9th change, back and forth ... but who's counting. Our VIN came in 12 days ago. We'll see.

pksd1 said:
Actually I have never received any status emails from Nissan (not it junk email folder either). How Nissan does things makes no sense.
My ISP was sending my Nissan-USA emails into permanent spam so I never got them. I changed to a yahoo email account. I only found out that reservations and RAQ were available by going to my account directly. Now, at least, I get emails (but not the "week of" one yet).

gascant said:
pksd1 said:
Actually I have never received any status emails from Nissan (not it junk email folder either). How Nissan does things makes no sense.
My ISP was sending my Nissan-USA emails into permanent spam so I never got them. I changed to a yahoo email account. I only found out that reservations and RAQ were available by going to my account directly. Now, at least, I get emails (but not the "week of" one yet).

Thanks I will look into that. I don't think Time warner filters any spam. Sometimes I wish they would though.

planet4ever said:
Say what??
So there is a certain vague logic to the whole thing. I've got a new theory. Maybe the person who programmed the "week of" logic on the "my account" dashboard also programmed the "miles remaining" logic on the car's dashboard. ;)

I'm betting it was Leprechauns!! :mrgreen:

(I'm now on April 1st as well)

OK, now I'm REALLY losing it again...

hell.jpg

sdbonez said:
Whoa. Checked right before the post and then right after..now I'm at April 12th!! uggh
You think that's bad? I went from April 1 to April 15 today! And this after my Nissan email yesterday morning saying my dealer would have the car within 7 days.

... Maybe my dealer hired a guy with a stationary bicycle to charge it.

Ray

Finally!! I just got my 7 day email. My dashboard went from week of March 24 to week of March 21 this morning and shortly after that I received the email. I have vin#475. Had my Blink EVSE installed at the end of Feb.
I have been reluctant to post updates to my dashboard cause the dates have been all over the place but I think it is for real this time! After almost a year of waiting! One question for anyone. Does anyone know if their will be a Android app anytime soon??

planet4ever said:
You think that's bad? I went from April 1 to April 15 today!

Bye March, hello April. Ray, I went from March 31 to April 14 so I am still one day ahead of you. However, no call from the dealer.

planet4ever said:
You think that's bad? I went from April 1 to April 15 today! And this after my Nissan email yesterday morning saying my dealer would have the car within 7 days.
OK, I think I'm beginning to understand. I checked my owner's portal today, and Nissan now has me listed as ordering two LEAFs! One is my original SV, VIN #0670, the other is an SL-e, VIN #1537.

I guess I did something rather foolish. Back on Feb 8, when my delivery estimate was still the month of Pending and they had just announced the expansion of the EV Project to the Bay Area, I sent Nissan an email saying I might be interested in upgrading to an SL if it would get me into the EV Project. In response they said, "As your vehicle has gone into production there are several factors that we must consider ..." and asked me to call them to discuss it further.

I took that to mean one of the factors would undoubtedly be a delay in delivery (as well as an increase in price, of course) and, reflecting on my earlier conclusion that I didn't need 240v charging at home, I decided not to follow up.

It looks like someone at Nissan went ahead, a bit ham-handedly, without consulting me. I called them today and told them to clear out the SL-e order, but please not mess with my SV or its delivery date. We'll see what happens.

Ray

planet4ever said:
planet4ever said:
OK, I think I'm beginning to understand. I checked my owner's portal today, and Nissan now has me listed as ordering two LEAFs! One is my original SV, VIN #0670, the other is an SL-e, VIN #1537.

I guess I did something rather foolish. Back on Feb 8, when my delivery estimate was still the month of Pending and they had just announced the expansion of the EV Project to the Bay Area, I sent Nissan an email saying I might be interested in upgrading to an SL if it would get me into the EV Project. In response they said, "As your vehicle has gone into production there are several factors that we must consider ..." and asked me to call them to discuss it further.

I took that to mean one of the factors would undoubtedly be a delay in delivery (as well as an increase in price, of course) and, reflecting on my earlier conclusion that I didn't need 240v charging at home, I decided not to follow up.

It looks like someone at Nissan went ahead, a bit ham-handedly, without consulting me. I called them today and told them to clear out the SL-e order, but please not mess with my SV or its delivery date. We'll see what happens.

Ray

I hope you are aware that the SL-e are only for EV project appoved customers and the fast charger port is a free option. If you are approved for an SL-e and reject it for an SV, you are throwing away $700

jcesare said:
I hope you are aware that the SL-e are only for EV project appoved customers and the fast charger port is a free option. If you are approved for an SL-e and reject it for an SV, you are throwing away $700
or maybe call it "giving it away" . . . orphan style. It WILL get used, and quickly.

Back