May Deliveries Pushed to July

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
camasleaf said:
From my communication with CS today:
Me - I hope you understand my frustration: On April 29 I am told the car is entering US 05/09. On 05/10 I am told it is still production. On 05/13 I am told it is not even in production yet. It is like going "back in time"
CS: I understand. That is a very frustrating situation.
Me : Next time I contact you I will be told I never ordered?
CS: Defiantly not. Better yet lets hope not.

How many of the October orders May then pushed to July are still out there?

How is "lets hope not" better than "definitely not"? It would seem to be the opposite.

Has anyone else noticed the disclaimer that they must have recently added to the chat window:

"This forum is not for receiving, resolving, and/or responding to any concerns about your vehicle."

Umm, what? I guess it is just another Zero from Nissan.

camasleaf said:
From my communication with CS today:
Me - I hope you understand my frustration: On April 29 I am told the car is entering US 05/09. On 05/10 I am told it is still production. On 05/13 I am told it is not even in production yet. It is like going "back in time"
CS: I understand. That is a very frustrating situation.
Me : Next time I contact you I will be told I never ordered?
CS: Defiantly not. Better yet lets hope not.

How many of the October orders May then pushed to July are still out there?

My order is Nov, but I was pushed to July way back in April, and it stayed there since.

On the other hand, I just read on a thread that a Dec order just got delivered. What the ?!?

occ said:
On the other hand, I just read on a thread that a Dec order just got delivered. What the ?!?
Are you not aware of how Nissan pushed Jan and Feb orders ahead of most of the Sept-Dec orders? Lots of Jan/Feb orders have already taken delivery of their cars while most of the Nov-Dec orders haven't even received VINs yet. Nissan has even admitted that they misallocated the cars, but have stated they won't correct the mistake by reallocating the cars to the proper order. They did however promised that the problem was fixed and wouldn't happen again, but then again they continue to assign VINs to Jan/Feb orders ahead of the earlier orders.

Delivery date updated on dashboard to "week of June 14, 2011". :D
VIN appearing on Owners / Carwing

Ordered: Nov 30 2010
Delivery Estimate: "By March (dealer guess)" => Month of April 2010 => Month of June 2010 => "week of June 14, 2011"
Glacier Pearl, L2 & L3
EVSE: ECotality assesment, (Schneider Square D as fallback) (L1 as fallback to that)

CS gave me a VIN today, but is 5159, with the car still in production. I believed the VIN are assign when the car in on the ship or in the port!!!
Probably the highest VIN in the spreadsheet :lol: , at least for October orders. The previous VIN 2558 was given to someone else. I hope is some lucky Californian that will get the rebate.

Anybody knows what the Opama plant output is now?

Back to watching ships! World Spirit is aproaching Vancouver BC.

I just got word my leaf is at the dealer!!! :D :D :D :D

Now I have to wait for two more days and then....the wait is FINALLY over....

buddf said:
I just got word my leaf is at the dealer!!! :D :D :D :D

Now I have to wait for two more days and then....the wait is FINALLY over....
Great news! You're gonna' love it.
You've had an extraordinarily long wait. Any reason given why?

Series of issues/bugs on Nissan's side.

Delayed order due to signing up with EV Project.
Skipped September/October orders (still no reason why).
Due to above car finally went through and I am just now receiving it.

I understand glitches and bugs, especially for a new ordering method, etc, but it would have really been nice if Nissan at a minimum thanked those of us in this predicament for our patience.

If I wasn't such a supporter of EVs I would have dropped out long ago.

I can't wait though. it has been 1 year and a few months since I reserved within the hour of reservations being allowed. Good things come to those who wait, right? ;-)

Picked up my leaf yesterday night June 29th 8pm.

Loving it so far, a bit anxious with the mileage though.

Drove off with 98 miles left from dealership without climate control.
Reached home after 15 miles and 73miles left.

Charged the car at night that topped it to 100% (99 miles) at the cost of $0.57.

Hope to get the estimated miles left more accurate after more driving.

Time to move to the owners forum.

Best of luck to those who are waiting. After one year and all the delays, I feel it was worth the wait.

rshinde said:
Hope to get the estimated miles left more accurate after more driving.
Congrats!!!! Glad to have yet another LEAF on the road. Unfortunately, the estimated miles (AKA guessometer) doesn't really get any better. Get used to watching the battery level bars and reset the mpk (miles per kwh) and trip odometer each trip until you get used to what how much mpk and miles per bar you're getting when driving in different circumstances. There's also a useful thumb rule of 70mph=60miles range, 60mph=70miles, 50mph=80miles, etc... I find it a little pessimistic, personally, but it's easy to remember and better than being optimistic.

My car arrived at the dealer today! Unfortunately we're going out of town for the holiday weekend, so I won't be picking it up til Wednesday :-(

tps said:
buddf said:
Good things come to those who wait, right?
So what does this mean for those of us in the forgotten 36?

Well there are a few guesses:
Probably get a faster charger (6.6kW)
Maybe more range?!
As said, bugs will be better worked out
Hove lots of built in experience from current drivers
maybe cheaper price?!
built in USA
more fast chargers and opportunity charge points

The potential and real benefits will and can go on.

Think of original flat screens and the one's we have now...night and day differences can occur almost overnight...I may be obsolete already and I haven't received it yet ;-) (tonight is a possibility now!!! talked to the dealer this morning!)

buddf said:
tps said:
buddf said:
Good things come to those who wait, right?
So what does this mean for those of us in the forgotten 36?

Well there are a few guesses:
Probably get a faster charger (6.6kW)
Maybe more range?!
As said, bugs will be better worked out
Hove lots of built in experience from current drivers
maybe cheaper price?!
built in USA
more fast chargers and opportunity charge points

The potential and real benefits will and can go on.

Think of original flat screens and the one's we have now...night and day differences can occur almost overnight...I may be obsolete already and I haven't received it yet ;-) (tonight is a possibility now!!! talked to the dealer this morning!)
This sounds as if you believe tier 3 won'r order until Smyrna comes online, which would be a MY 2013 LEAF. I would forgo the 6.6 kW charger and made-in-USA to get a 2012 LEAF. The 6.6 KW charger would be useful only VERY occasionally and the made-in-USA? How many CURRENT LEAF owners do you think would rather have waited until these features were available? From what I see on MNL and in this thread, everyone wants their LEAF sooner rather than later. The potential benefits of waiting don't seem to be high on anyone's list...

Back