NC Leaf Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh! Took awhile, but finally got to talk to a manger at AV. They weren't real clear about things, but the net is that it appears that they can't move my case forward to the "install" stage without approval from Progress Energy. I don't know if that was my particular case or all program participants in general. She gave me the name of someone @ Progress Energy to contact (I've called and e-mailed but have not heard back yet). I hope this is just startup hiccups and not indicative of a larger issue or delay in the program.

...and just got an Out Of Office response from the guy I was supposed to contact, out from Nov 21 to Nov 28. Must have left early today. Damn! This is not looking good.

lpickup said:
...and just got an Out Of Office response from the guy I was supposed to contact, out from Nov 21 to Nov 28. Must have left early today. Damn! This is not looking good.

I'm in the Duke Energy Pilot program, not the Progress Energy one, but perhaps we can assume yours will be like mine. The electrician contractors called me as soon as Duke got all the paperwork processed. My contractors were UPA (or something like that). The contractors said they move area to area and would be "in my area" in about 5 days. I couldn't do it then and move it out. Really they always seemed to be "in my area." So I would guess that once you get the green light, the contractor will be very interested in getting paid and will hustle to get you on their schedule...perhaps within a week.

BTW: I'm confused why your Nissan dashboard thinks you are still waiting for a quote for your home charging station. When I called and told them I was in the Duke Energy Pilot, they had me click on an agreement that I'm declining their charging options and that whole thing went away (well grayed out with one of those circles-with-a-slash-through-it). If you don't have Carwings open on your dashboard now, I would call Nissan or online chat with them and get that home charging part on your dashboard sorted out...you don't want it to delay other stuff showing on your dashboard (if it is).

You will be annoyed, but otherwise fine, if the home charger doesn't get installed before the car. You'll just plug it in to 120 outlet every night the second you get home. Not ideal, but not a show stopper. Some in the Tier 1 states have chosen this as their only way to charge and have been just fine. If not before the car arrives, your charger will make it there shortly afterwards.

I've got Carwings up. The only two things not completely checked off on my Nissan account are assessment (quote pending) and home charging dock (locked out). I don't believe that anything else is being held up by not having those items checked off, but it would certainly stink to have the delivery itself be held up! Maybe I'll call anyway just to be double sure.

I'm not overly worried about having to charge with L1 as I work out of the house and don't actually "commute" anywhere. My wife who will probably be the main user will be a bit disappointed she won't be able to drive it every day, but we should be fine.

The two pilot programs are similar, but not identical. They are definitely managed by different people at the two companies for now, and the T's and C's are a bit different. I think in the Duke pilot you have to pay a nominal fee at the end of the program for the charging station, but you don't in the Progress program. Also, doesn't the Duke program use a different company? CP? Progress is using AV. Looks like the Duke charging dock is much better!

Just completed the assessment, pretty straight forward. I asked when to expect the install, he said they are told to say 4 to 6 weeks, but that I could call AV and possibly get it quicker than that. He knew of one person that had their assessment on Monday and the install on Friday. I don't need it that quick, but I am expecting the car in about 3 weeks. I am located near Clayton, and he said they were out of High Point. You would think that a company out of Raleigh would have picked up on this opportunity.

lpickup said:
Hi there! Guess I'm late to the party...just found this forum.

I ordered my LEAF on 8/11 and expecting delivery "Week of Dec 13" from Crossroads Nissan in Wake Forest.

I started looking at the Progress Energy "plugged in" program well before it was officially announced. I read an N&O article in the paper and tracked down the person at Progress who was running the program, which at that time, had not been kicked off. Anyway, eventually they caught up and accepted me into the program.

HOWEVER, I think I may have been the victim of bad timing on this one. I scheduled my home assessment through the Nissan web site and had the assessment done, and I got an e-mail from a guy at AV who said he was ready to deliver my EVSE quote at just about the time I was "formally" accepted into the Progress Energy program. So I told him about that and he said that was fine, we'd just go through that program and he never delivered the quote.

However, my Nissan account portal still lists the "Home Assessment" as "Quote pending" and "Home Charging Dock" is locked out.

When I go through the Progress Energy/AeroVironment site, it wants me to schedule another assessment before letting me in. I've called and e-mailed several times and kept thinking I was making progress. I last talked to someone at AV who confirmed that it won't let me get to the "schedule installation" phase on their site because there is no record of my assessment, but I gave him my original assessment # and date and he said he'd get it straightened out.

At this point I'm starting get a bit nervous about having it installed in time. I suppose I should've just had them come out for another redundant assessment (I actually did schedule one but called to explain and they cancelled it because they said they would just use my original assessment).

Question for other NC people: how long before your LEAF delivery did you get your charging dock installed? What's the wait list like at this point? Do I need to start bugging these guys every few hours until they get me on the list?

...Lance

Hey Lance. Part of the problem is that Progress Energy put the program is on hold due to the garage fire in Mooresville. At least a couple of us with our cars are stuck in the same situation. I've had my car for over 3 weeks now but so far the 120V EVSE is working fine. I would like to go ahead and get the 240V one installed though. The official word from Progress Energy is that the program may restart in the next few days or it may not, which really isn't saying anything so who knows. Hard for me to complain though when they're giving me a free EVSE and install. If you really feel you need a 240V EVSE now you can look into the EVSE upgrade which I'm planning on doing once I get the 240V one installed.

lpickup said:

If you're talking about Jerry at Progress Energy he hasn't returned my phone call for about a week now.

Folks in the Duke EV Pilot Program got the word we could use our EVSE as Friday afternoon (11/18). I was happy to hear it. I only used the L1 charger for 10 days, but I had to drive on my lawn to reach it, and that was non-optimal on wet days ;) .

The Duke representative who called me said that they were satisfied, after doing additional tests and reviewing all the data from Mooresville, that the Siemens EVSE was not the culprit.

I am very pleased with my vehicle so far and really appreciate the L2 charger now that I have it. Had the delay gone on much longer, I might have had an electrician come and put an outdoor 120-volt receptacle next to the EVSE from Siemens, just so as not to have to drive on the grass.

I love my Leaf!

rnkepler said:
If you're talking about Jerry at Progress Energy he hasn't returned my phone call for about a week now.

Yep, that's who I'm talking about. Tried again to call today and after several tries was able to get through to his manager's voice mail (who is out today, but said he will be in tomorrow). If anyone knows of anyone else to talk to, or what the status of the program is in general (i.e. have you gotten a charger installed or even scheduled at this point) I would love to hear from you.

I just spoke with Jerry's manager at Progress, and he let me know what's going on. Basically due to the mishap/fire in the Duke Energy pilot (different EVSE make and not necessarily even EVSE-caused, but they wanted to be cautious) they put the program on a temporary hiatus until the incident could be investigated. He didn't know exactly when that hiatus was to be lifted, but given that the Duke Energy customers have now been cleared to use their EVSEs, I'm hopeful that when Jerry returns on Monday that the logjam might be removed.

lpickup said:
I just spoke with Jerry's manager at Progress, and he let me know what's going on. Basically due to the mishap/fire in the Duke Energy pilot (different EVSE make and not necessarily even EVSE-caused, but they wanted to be cautious) they put the program on a temporary hiatus until the incident could be investigated. He didn't know exactly when that hiatus was to be lifted, but given that the Duke Energy customers have now been cleared to use their EVSEs, I'm hopeful that when Jerry returns on Monday that the logjam might be removed.

Thanks for the update. AV started scheduling installs yesterday for those that managed to get their quotes during the hold period (only one person did that I know of) so I'm guessing things will resume on Monday because Jerry has to give AV the go ahead to release the rest of the quotes. I wouldn't worry about not having the EVSE when you get your car. You should at least get it soon after and we've already put over 1200 miles in 4 weeks on ours just using the L1 EVSE. But as many times as the ball has been dropped in this process, I'll definitely be on the phone with AV Monday morning.

About an hour before you posted I got an e-mail from AV saying my quote was ready, so maybe my call this morning did free up a logjam. However, the AV web site is still stuck trying to schedule an assessment and won't let me go forward to accept the quote and schedule an install. I called AV and it sounded like they saw the problem, but they are getting errors on their end, so they're trying to work those out. He's going to try again in an hour to see if their web problem clears up and if not then escalate it.

lpickup said:
About an hour before you posted I got an e-mail from AV saying my quote was ready, so maybe my call this morning did free up a logjam. However, the AV web site is still stuck trying to schedule an assessment and won't let me go forward to accept the quote and schedule an install. I called AV and it sounded like they saw the problem, but they are getting errors on their end, so they're trying to work those out. He's going to try again in an hour to see if their web problem clears up and if not then escalate it.

Thank's very much. I just called AV, got the quote, paid the extra amount (its a long run) and got the install scheduled for the 7th. If you don't have a date yet it will probably be shortly after that. They did say that they would call the contractor to see if they could bump up the date since I've already got the car.

Duke Energy (with their recently approved 7+% rate increase) tells me today that the Charge Carolina program is back on track. The Mooresville fire was apparently not due to the charger, based on investigation concluded Friday and the apparent real-time data from their unit in the garage.
The installer was here mid-Oct for an estimate, should be back for an installation in about 10-12 days. This should be perfect given my Dec 12 delivery date (unchanged in past two week)

So far talking to friends about the LEAF no one seems to be in the Rush Limbaugh/Neal Cavuto camp - most interest seems to be in the cost savings, with the domestic-sourced energy a close second.

Just three more weeks...

2012 Leaf, Silver SL
Mats, Mud Guard, Large Zero Emiss Decal
Ordered on: 08/20/2011
Confirmation number: EAED8703
As of today Delivery Dec 2... (Debbie and I 33rd anniversary)
Drove the Demo today here in North Wilkesboro. Wilkes Nissan
Impressed!!!
They also have a Demo and 240v charge station in Boone.
Duke will be installing ours.
Mule
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back