Negotiating a lease today. Please HELP!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhigley

I am trying to negotiate a 24 month lease today. Is this as good as it gets in Kansas?

In Kansas we have to pay sales tax as well as personal property tax.

For an SL 24 month lease

Drive off with all fees, Kansas state taxes and first month payment included = $3264 down

$209 a month for 23 payments = $4807

I pay County personal property tax of $1004 for two years

Total cost $9075

The dealer said he would get back to me on a price for an SV at 24 months.

I'm picking up an SL today: $1000 OTD, $250 mo, 24 months, 12k miles per year. This is in eastern NC through Nissan finance.

TN doesn't have all of the discounts that CA, WA, CO or several other states have either, but I'd bet you could push a little closer to the equivalent of $300/month. You're at something close to $329/month if you divide it all out over 24 months. But that extra tax over sales tax might be the problem.

Send him back for $300/month & walk out if he says no, you've still got the same incentives for 1 more day so you can go back tomorrow if need be. ;)

Philip

Thanks for the replies.

I walked out on the first deal. The sales manager came back with this one.

Payment is 178.60 at 24 months with 2700.00 due at delivery and a check back for 502.00 and uped the mileage to 15k from 12k.

They also switched me to a white SV instead of the blue SL. I'm ok with an SV. I would rather have the back up camera but.........

I'm now below $300 for my monthly total cost.

This is supposed to go down tomorrow. We'll see............

I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Picking it up at 5pm tonight. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!

Mark Higley

2012 Nissan Leaf SV Glacier Pearl
2006 ZAP Xebra PK

I think 5pm may be a couple years from now ;) I haven't been this excited since they came out with Kung Fu grip for the GI Joe!

2006 ZAP Xebra PK

mhigley said:
I think 5pm may be a couple years from now ;) I haven't been this excited since they came out with Kung Fu grip for the GI Joe!

2006 ZAP Xebra PK

Another quote for the quote of the year...thanks Mark. :lol:

How does this deal sound?
In Washington state, $2000 down, $199 /mo, 24 months, 12 K miles.
I've never leased before so I really don't know the inside scoop.

I already own a 2011, and I'll be ordering the 2013, but these lease deals are so good, I may lease one for my wife. Park the Prius... :)

Sounds good based on other threads regarding lease. If you can get that payment w 0 down, you will hit it out of the ballpark.

Good luck,

Ian B

Back