New Target in Fremont has installed 7 Chargepoints

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaryC

per Bay Leaf member waidy:

"This Sunday, March 11th, 2012 Target will open their newest store in Fremont, California. One great new feature of the new store is the inclusion of seven ChargePoint® Network charging stations for electric vehicles, now available for free charging for guests during store hours. Please visit and charge up at the new Fremont Target! Let’s send a message of support to retailers who are promoting electric vehicles in our community and make this a charged up first day of business.

The Target store address is 43950 Pacific Commons Blvd. Search for the location on the ChargePoint map (http://www.chargepoint.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) or from your ChargePoint mobile app to get turn-by-turn directions and real-time station availability."

Way to go Target!

Nice, these are much needed charging stations in the East Bay and very close to 880 as well. I sure hope other retailers follow.

There's space for a Target there? I haven't gone there in a few months - ever since I got the Leaf, actually, since I don't need Costco gas anymore :)

Photos on Yelp of the charging stations : http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/GrzXfzeO0F742jfmP6SLtA?select=lxukCk57nEHkp0pSA5oL_w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll have to swing by this evening to take a look. Too close to home to be of much use for me (and the Nissan dealer is less than 1/2 mile away) but I'm happy to see them there.

This more than makes up for the disappointment of not having charging stations at the nearby Kohl's.

When a retailer does a great thing for the EV community like this (having 7 or more EV charging station on their new store), I think the EV community should speak out in appreciation.

Link to corporate communication

Here's the store's phone number: (510) 771-1616

yoyofella said:
When a retailer does a great thing for the EV community like this (having 7 or more EV charging station on their new store), I think the EV community should speak out in appreciation.

Link to corporate communication

Here's the store's phone number: (510) 771-1616

Done. And I have done this before for other retailers as well.

We just got there and there a was a lot of activity like at every store opening. It was interesting to observe the people walking by, starring at the charging stations and the few charging EV's like if they where either modern-art sculptures or alien spaceships. I got questioned by 2 persons in the time it takes to authorize the chargepoint station and plug it in the car. The most common question was how much it costs to charge, and people were surprised to hear that it was (still) free. Target did a great job by reserving 12 spots for EV's with 3 dual level 2 stations and also by NOT placing them right at the store entrance, though IMHO they could have put them even farther away. There are even 2 handicapped spots for EV's with a single station. Of course, right after we parked there was the obligatory outlaw which had to park his 15MPG Jeep on one of the reserved spots. It was interesting to see how the helpless security guys dealt with the situation...

this is great and i wish i was close enough to shop there.

i have shopped Target on a regular basis (its my SO's favorite store) and after seeing a CNBC show about them, i do so even more.

they are one of the most generous companies in the world. Each Target Store donates 5% of the before tax profits to charities in the local area the store serves. the list of things they do for the community is really touching.

if you have not seen it, check it out on Netflix Instant View "Target; Inside the Bullseye"

I shopped at Target frequently (not the Fremont store though). If you get their RED card, you get 5% off for every purchase, every day.

Nubo said:
Only 1 showing on chargepoint at the moment
There are in fact 8 charge stations, and the are now showing on ChargePoint. Each has 2 parking spaces. The one in the handicapped spaces plus 3 dual head stations in the same row, which also serve the next row.

The one I found was a few rows west, on the other side of a drainage ditch. Just a single with 2 spaces marked.

I do like how the locations are not right up front.

A new Target was built in San Luis Obispo last year and included 10 Clipper Creek charge stations. I like how you can park on either row to access the stations. Keeps my blood pressure down when SUV's are parked on one side and I can still access from the other row.

MaryC said:
per Bay Leaf member waidy:

"This Sunday, March 11th, 2012 Target will open their newest store in Fremont, California. One great new feature of the new store is the inclusion of seven ChargePoint® Network charging stations for electric vehicles, now available for free charging for guests during store hours. Please visit and charge up at the new Fremont Target! Let’s send a message of support to retailers who are promoting electric vehicles in our community and make this a charged up first day of business.

The Target store address is 43950 Pacific Commons Blvd. Search for the location on the ChargePoint map (http://www.chargepoint.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) or from your ChargePoint mobile app to get turn-by-turn directions and real-time station availability."

Way to go Target!

Do any other Target stores have charging stations, or is this the only one ?

Just charged here. Very nice setup. Need your Chargepoint card but it's free. Wonder if it is after hours?

Back