Newest Component Release Levels (firmware,version,software)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
z0ner said:
I fell victim to the TCU bug that simply stopped updating out of the blue, so I had it upgraded yesterday, fixing the problem. Instead of just listing that components' version, I thought it might be nice to have a tally of the latest and greatest releases for all the items.

Boot Ware (NK1):147
Application (NK2):147
Audio Unit Software:067
CAN uCOM Software:018
Front Display Software:030
BOLERO Software:00.05
Bluetooth Firmware:C230
Voice Recognition Engine:925-123-000
Voice Synthesis Engine:5.0.0.3-PS-P2
Voice Recognition Grammar Version:00001080
Voice Synthesis Data Version:00003000
Record Data Version:00001026
Part Number:3NA0E
XM Satellite Radio Software:012
Switch Software:030000
TCU Software:3NA0000627
Map Version:10/08/12/01

In order to obtain your releases:
Power on the vehicle
Power off the audio
Press the MAP button 3x
Press the Audio Power button 2x
Press the MAP button 1x
Select Confirmation/Adjustment
Select Version/Information

When this thread needs updating, PM me or add onto the thread and I'll update this post.

Note: Minimum TCU Software release for TB-11-041 fix "2011 Leaf, No Telematics Communication": 3NA0000626

I'm about to take mime in for its 7500 mile checkup, and I was wondering if there have been any firmware updates since this list was compiled. Are there any specific "problems" I should refer to in order to get the latest versions of everything? Anything else I should make sure is done while I'm at the dealer?

FWIW, my car is the same as TEG's as posted earlier. Highlighted the ones that are older than the ones in the 1st post along with what's currently the latest.

Boot Ware (NK1): 108 (147)
Application (NK2): 108 (147)
Audio Unit Software: 067
CAN uCOM Software: 018
Front Display Software: 030
BOLERO Software: 00.05
Bluetooth Firmware: C230
Voice Recognition Engine: 925-123-000
Voice Synthesis Engine: 5.0.0.3-PS-P2
Voice Recognition Grammar Version: 00001080
Voice Synthesis Data Version: 00003000
Record Data Version: 00001026
Part Number: 3NA0B (3NA0E)
XM Satellite Radio Software: 012
Switch Software: 030000
TCU Software: 3NA0000622 (3NA0000627)
Map Version: 10/08/12/01

JohnOver said:
I'm about to take mime in for its 7500 mile checkup, and I was wondering if there have been any firmware updates since this list was compiled. Are there any specific "problems" I should refer to in order to get the latest versions of everything? Anything else I should make sure is done while I'm at the dealer?
There are only 2 firmware updates for the car that I'm aware of - the one that fixes the AC ground fault false alarm (NTB11038 I think) and the Carwings TB-11-041 fix.

Unless you have an early car (got it before May or so) you very likely already have the AC ground fault false alarm fix.

Update: Told the dealer that I also had the "Telematics" problem where Carwings went offline and I had to pull the fuse to reboot it. That fix is only available if you ask for it. I thought they would just do it as part of this recall, but because it requires a swap out of the SD Card in order to update the Boot Ware(NK1) and the Application (NK2) to 147. I see that newer cards actually have 157 now, but at least I know that the Recall for the connection to Carwings has now been fixed. Problem was that cell phone data connection swaps between AT&T and T-Mobile and when swapping between them it would hang. So while the recall notice that went out Only addresses the Front Display and the TCU software, you need to be sure you also get the "Telematics" recall.

So I'm scheduled for tomorrow morning to get the latest patch per Nissan's notification for all Leaf owners to get the latest version. What should I be looking for as far as version number after the upgrade. Promises of fixing the "guess-o-meter" have been made, but don't know if anyone has done the upgrade yet. I'll post back if I don't hear from others after tomorrow morning.

Update:
Went to dealer and received update today. Looking for information about what others are seeing. Dealer said there were three updates, but when I look at the versions before and after the upgrade, I only see two version number changes.

Boot Ware (NK1):108
Application (NK2):108
Audio Unit Software:067
CAN uCOM Software:018
Front Display Software:018 --------------------> Changed to 030
BOLERO Software:00.05
Bluetooth Firmware:C230
Voice Recognition Engine:925-123-000
Voice Synthesis Engine:5.0.0.3-PS-PS2
Voice Recognition Grammar Version:00001080
Voice Synthesis Data Version:00003000
Record Data Version:00001026
Part Number:3NA0B
XM Satellite Radio Software:012
Switch Software:030000
TCU Software:3NA0000622 ---------------------> Changed to 3NA0000627
Map Version:10/08/12/01

I'm not exactly sure which components get upgraded rossonm, but if you take a look at the last snapshot (JohnOver's post) and compare it to my updated first post, you'll see SEVERAL components that have been changed.

Once you get the update, compare to the first post and make sure you get everything listed. Don't forget to ask for an updated manual as well.

Here are my numbers on the car as delivered. I have not received any notice of any further updates.

2012-02-17202052061.jpg

2012-02-17202051481-1.jpg

Map: 11/07/16/01
would seem to be a "new" version.

We generally have 10/08/12/01

Do you see any improvements in function or coverage?

(You might need to do a side-by-side comparison with the older
version, looking at some area where streets were known to be missing.)

FYI: This list obtained from the nav system diag screen referred to is only pertaining to the Nav (Head) unit/telematics system, and not to other systems in the Leaf.

-Phil

Ingineer said:
FYI: This list obtained from the nav system diag screen referred to is only pertaining to the Nav (Head) unit/telematics system, and not to other systems in the Leaf.
-Phil

I was wondering how long it would take people to realize this..

z0ner said:
Note: Minimum TCU Software release for TB-11-041 fix "2011 Leaf, No Telematics Communication": 3NA0000626

I'm about to get my 1 year service on Monday (I'm at 17,265), and I noticed that my TCU version is 3NA0000625! This is below the minimum to accept the TB-11-41 fix. What do I need to ask for to get this updated? Is this the AC problem?

Nothing. Both TB-11-041 (last year's telematics connection fix, with the undocumented CARWINGS kWh fix) and NTB12-014 (the voluntary service campaign) include steps to update the TCU. No, it has nothing to do with the AC.

Important note: The former must be done via a SD card, the latter is done via the Consult III+. Some dealers don't know that 11-041 requires the card...

grommet said:
Nothing. Both TB-11-041 (last year's telematics connection fix, with the undocumented CARWINGS kWh fix) and NTB12-014 (the voluntary service campaign) include steps to update the TCU. No, it has nothing to do with the AC.

JohnOver said:
z0ner said:
I'm about to get my 1 year service on Monday (I'm at 17,265), and I noticed that my TCU version is 3NA0000625! This is below the minimum to accept the TB-11-41 fix. What do I need to ask for to get this updated? Is this the AC problem?
That's not correct. NTB-11-041 updates to TCU 626 from 622 or 625 using the Consult PC. But it doesn't matter since the recent "voluntary recall" (can't remember the NTB) updates TCU to 627 which is the latest.

The important part of NTB-11-041 updates BootWare/Application from 107 to 147 using a SD card inserted into the AV unit.

The Nissan dealer refuses to update the firmware in my Leaf, to get Car Wings to work correctly. They say my build date is 6/20/2011 and only Leafs built before June 2011, need those updates. What do I do? Would trying another dealer make a difference? They said they spent 3 hours on the phone to Nissan today, about my problem.

I feel your pain. I'll repost a version of what I said in another thread:
grommet said:
The problem is this CARWINGS kWh reporting "bug" and it's fix is technically not documented. There is no "official" fix for it... it's just that the old telematics communication fix (which is not really needed now) just happened to include an update that resolved the kWh bug.

If you are not at 147+ for NK1/NK2, you most likely have this bug. You'll need to work with your dealer to see if they can apply the equivalent update from what we know as TB-11-041, even though this fix doesn't apply to your VIN. The issue is, if it doesn't apply... the dealer's service department won't normally get paid by Nissan to do the work.
A good dealer should be able to work out a solution. Applying the update via SD is not complex. Sorry, but I fell within the VIN range for TB-11-041... so I didn't run into this.

I worked back and forth with Nissan/CARWINGS support on this; I had really hoped a formal fix would be documented by now. Good luck.

pchilds said:
The Nissan dealer refuses to update the firmware in my Leaf, to get Car Wings to work correctly. They say my build date is 6/20/2011 and only Leafs built before June 2011, need those updates. What do I do? Would trying another dealer make a difference? They said they spent 3 hours on the phone to Nissan today, about my problem.
I also had an similar issue getting my dealer to apply the AV unit update: NTB-11-041 Telematics Connection Fix - dealer says no
But like grommet, my car was built before June 2011 as well. You may try another dealer, but it sounds like you will need to escalate the issue further to get Nissan to publish an updated NTB. Good luck!

pchilds said:
Our LEAF was built five days before yours, so we have the same problem.

I guess I'm resigned to having crappy CarWings data unless/until something else comes along which could get the firmware updated.

One thing is for sure, though: If they ever want me to pay for CarWings, they will need to fix this problem first!

Back